Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Broadband €29.99

Options
  • 21-11-2018 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

Just seen a Black Friday ad for Eir Broadband €29.99 for 12 months on 12 month contract, including Eir Sport pack which is €27 by itself!

I ordered them last week at €34.99 so I’m calling up later to see if they will give me the new deal. Not hopeful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Just seen a Black Friday ad for Eir Broadband €29.99 for 12 months on 12 month contract, including Eir Sport pack which is €27 by itself!

I ordered them last week at €34.99 so I’m calling up later to see if they will give me the new deal. Not hopeful!

Good luck with contacting Eir customer service to try and discuss this. One reason why I will never deal with them again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Good luck with contacting Eir customer service to try and discuss this. One reason why I will never deal with them again

You’re dead right. 70 total mins and counting on hold waiting to speak to someone today. The OpenEir installation guys answered instantly about the install, but the regular customer service is really shocking! Much worse than I even thought it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone of success watching eir sports without either subscribing to their tv or through sky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Barr wrote: »
    Anyone of success watching eir sports without either subscribing to their tv or through sky ?

The eir app allows you to Chromecast.. I've used it a few times and casted to my TV..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Their lack of customer service is well documented in their closed "Talk to Éir" thread on Boards. Check it out before joining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭gip

I agree wholeheartedly. Spent over 4 hours trying to speak to somebody from customer care with absolutely no success. I have credit on my account due to overcharging and as soon as that's used I'm gone. Shame on Eir customer care and their after sales service, I really don't know how they're still in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Is it unlimited unlimited or still cap at 1tb?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Yes..amazing how people still subscribe for substandard and non existant utilities from these wasters. They promise the sun moon and stars but couldn't organize a p,ss up in a brewery.. they wouldn't last a day providing their crap service if they were in mainland Europe..imagine providing or should I say promising their crap non existant broadband to French or germans..they'd be closed down permanently

The eir app allows you to Chromecast.. I've used it a few times and casted to my TV..

I was thinking of getting an android box but the chromecast would be a cheaper solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Note that this is their super fast bb, not fiber to the home bb which is 35.99 a month...

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    Note that this is their super fast bb, not fiber to the home bb which is 35.99 a month...

Its fibre for me at that price.

Its fibre for me at that price.

as far as i know, their "superfast" fibre is fibre to the cabinet - upto 100mb download - this is the offer quoted by op

their Ultra packages are "fibre to the home" - with options of 150mb, 300, or 1gb download speeds - prices for these are 35.99/44.98/59.99 respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Worse company in Ireland, avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Yes..amazing how people still subscribe for substandard and non existant utilities from these wasters. They promise the sun moon and stars but couldn't organize a p,ss up in a brewery.. they wouldn't last a day providing their crap service if they were in mainland Europe..imagine providing or should I say promising their crap non existant broadband to French or germans..they'd be closed down permanently

You have to remember a few points...

- Most of the country can't get Virgin media
    - Vodafone's alternative is expensive and capped
    - Sky offers good value for 12 months. Not so much thereafter

I myself moved (back) for "fibre" last week because of point 3 (single occupancy household so no alternative name/billing details to use).
    Sky wanted an extra €26 for their broadband and base TV over the previous year - I rarely watch live TV as it is nowadays.. not gonna pay more for it.

As such, that leaves me pretty much with eir and for €35 unlimited for 12 months it's decent considering it was/is €50-ish elsewhere. To be fair, the broadband usually "just works" so no need to contact them. I had mobile with them before though and it was a disaster! NEVER again!

Would be interested to see if the OP gets the offer though!

as far as i know, their "superfast" fibre is fibre to the cabinet - upto 100mb download - this is the offer quoted by op

their Ultra packages are "fibre to the home" - with options of 150mb, 300, or 1gb download speeds - prices for these are 35.99/44.98/59.99 respectively

Ah didn't know this even existed , I though fibre was fibre :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

loki7777 wrote: »

Their unlimited is limited.
    I was charged overage last month.
    I'll be moving after that experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭grinder23

loki7777 wrote: »

The cap is gone for new customers

as ftth has just been enabled in our area, and no-one else is providing ftth services here yet, I have to sign up. At 36 a month for 150mb it is cheaper than what i currently pay for 2mb download speeds.

For mobile, If I get sim only deal with Eir as well, instead of paying Vodafone €50 a month (unlimited calls texts + 5gb data), I can get unltd calls texts and 25gbdata for €10 a month for 6 months and 20 thereafter. €180 versus €600?

feck. I'm after talking myself into switching....I think I'll have to take my chances with eir service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Does this include phone
    Or has anyone rang and got deal for phone included

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

as ftth has just been enabled in our area, and no-one else is providing ftth services here yet, I have to sign up. At 36 a month for 150mb it is cheaper than what i currently pay for 2mb download speeds.

For mobile, If I get sim only deal with Eir as well, instead of paying Vodafone €50 a month (unlimited calls texts + 5gb data), I can get unltd calls texts and 25gbdata for €10 a month for 6 months and 20 thereafter. €180 versus €600?

feck. I'm after talking myself into switching....I think I'll have to take my chances with eir service.

I took a chance and ordered the broadband aswell. And went with a sim only mobile plan aswell.

• Advertisement

My advice? Take the broadband.. Go 30 day Sim only with them/Vodafone/3 for mobile.

Mobile is where you're more likely to have issues (with their awful customer service and billing operations) in my experience .. at least doing it this way you can switch as needed.

GY A1 wrote: »
    Does this include phone
    Or has anyone rang and got deal for phone included

Mine came with home phone.

I don't need it (it's not even plugged in) but it's cheaper than without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Virgin increased my BB to €52/month recently. At the very least, this should be a good negotiating tool as the increase means you can leave the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

gip wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly. Spent over 4 hours trying to speak to somebody from customer care with absolutely no success. I have credit on my account due to overcharging and as soon as that's used I'm gone. Shame on Eir customer care and their after sales service, I really don't know how they're still in business.

If I recounted my experience with them from the last 2 weeks, it would run for pages and nobody would read it.

TLDR; Don't do any business with Eir if you value your sanity

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

If Eir offered me broadband for free I wouldn't take it .Avoid them.If soviet Russia was still in existence Eir would be their telecommunications arm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I'm with sky and I'm going to go for that Eir deal.

I see some of you have problems with Eir but I've had problems with sky myself. To be honest, they're all a bunch of idiots

Del007 wrote: »
    I'm with sky and I'm going to go for that Eir deal.

I see some of you have problems with Eir but I've had problems with sky myself. To be honest, they're all a bunch of idiots

This is true.. I've been with Sky, eir, 3, and Vodafone for various services at various times.

They all suffer from generally poor customer service when something goes wrong, but given that they're all offering/reselling pretty much the same thing in each segment at this point, about the only differentiator is the price at the time of renewals.

With Eir I'll take the broadband because the product itself is generally solid and it's a fixed price per month so they generally can't screw it up = no need to call the piss-poor customer service

With Vodafone things are generally overpriced, poor value bundles but again the (mobile - can't speak to broadband/TV) service itself is generally decent enough - though not as good as they like to claim either

Three are oversubscribed and patchy outside main areas... but generally have the best value offerings of the main operators

Sky are good if you get a deal.. but the TV service itself is hideously overpriced, complex bundling and add-ons, and increasingly outdated IMO. The broadband is simply eir resold. Customer Service is ok but no loyalty to existing customers unless you wait weeks (which, as I explained to them lately is pointless as by then the customer has signed up elsewhere), or can fudge being a "new" customer again.

Is the FREE eir sport pack in HD on its own.

I'm just checking out the TV Essential package and it is miserable .

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

The sim only 25gb mobile is 20 a month all year isn’t it?

• Advertisement

Is the FREE eir sport pack in HD on its own.

I'm just checking out the TV Essential package and it is miserable .

Yep.. Well it is if you add it through a sky card anyway

Advertisement