Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Broadband €29.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I'm trying to get it installed at the moment, why o why is it so difficult. They're clowns. They have a different post code down for my address so they sent the modem to that address and not mine. Then they cancelled my account and said that I can't open another until after 7 days. Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Del007 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get it installed at the moment, why o why is it so difficult. They're clowns. They have a different post code down for my address so they sent the modem to that address and not mine. Then they cancelled my account and said that I can't open another until after 7 days. Unreal

I’d say that that’s warning enough.
    I’ll be looking elsewhere, I suggest you do similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Got mine installed yesterday. KN engineer came and hooked it up.

Impressed with the modem , seems to reach further than the sky box.

I haven't had the privilege to talk to anyone from eir as I done it online :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Barr wrote: »

I haven't had the privilege to talk to anyone from eir as I done it online :pac:

Ive been impressed too. I ran a number of speed tests vs my virgin connection as it’s still active for a few days... and the eircom speeds were 3 times better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yea I did it all online at it was painless enough.

The only oddity was that I'd asked for installation on a Friday, but had to move it to the following week because I was going to be out. They confirmed it (called the installer line) but the lad still arrived on the first day. Luckily I happened to be in after all, and it was active within 30 mins so that saved me another week with Sky.

Happy enough anyway but then (as I said before) that's because fibre is usually an "install and forget" product with a fixed monthly bill, so no need to interact with them normally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I had mine installed today. The technician was in the house for 3 minutes and had it connected to the exchange in a further 5 minutes.

11MB/s which is faster than my Virgin BB. €30 per month versus €55. No brainier. FWIW, my mother once called up Virgin to ask the price of an extra package, declined it but was signed up without her knowing for a few months. It took weeks of phoning and a few more months to get that money back. A friend had the exact same experience. There are terrible stories from all BB companies, not just Eir.

€300 saved for the year. Perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Signed up over the phone with Eir, moving over from Vodafone who I was only with for a month. Was told over the phone the order confirmation would show 34.99 but the additional 5euro discount would be applied by their floor manager to make it 29.99 per month. I know not to expect too much from Eir but I do believe her and my modem was delivered today by Nightline. Happy so far. I have been trying to pay my Eir MBB online but it doesn't allow me log in to pay and I can't get customer care/online or by chat but I know what I'm signing up for already at least- I'm under no illusions

I'm not sure why they need an engineer. All he done for me was unplug my sky box and plug in the eir. Handy work if you can get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Good luck with contacting Eir customer service to try and discuss this. One reason why I will never deal with them again

Yep I cancelled my broadband last month and explicitly requested to not modify my mobile contract. One month later my phone was disconnected(breach of contract?!) ... the only solution to get my number back and get reconnected was to sign up to a new 12 month contract with them.

It's utterly soul destroying dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

How did you get on with this RedSteve?
    €29.99 was for ordinary broadband, it was €36.99 for fibre broadband afaik.

I wonder do you have paperless billing turned on? There's a 2euro discount each month in their advertised price for paperless billing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Signed with Eir last week...realised they were blocking my iptv....moved back to previous provider yesterday....

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

I must start up a really really ****e.company like eir.. and I'd be a millionaire overnight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Turbohymac wrote: »
    I must start up a really really ****e.company like eir.. and I'd be a millionaire overnight..

Only works if you have a monopoly on the infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Turbohymac wrote: »

No You'd be Denis O'Brien...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I have had good service from eir for their fibre to the home packages. I got a modem replaced easily from them earlier this year.

But their mobile service is another thing altogether.
    I've been struggling to get through to support to fix my text messages now for a few months. I just use whatsapp now instead.

If there is a fault with your FTTH expect the same situation where you can't get it fixed. It's almost impossible to get through to 1901 at the moment, so if you need a new router again you are screwed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

tuxy wrote: »
    If there is a fault with your FTTH expect the same situation where you can't get it fixed. It's almost impossible to get through to 1901 at the moment, so if you need a new router again you are screwed.
    And there is still no update as to why their "Help" service on Boards was ended or if it will ever again start up.

Well we know why.
    It's because they let good of their out sourced help desk before training in in-house sfaff.
    Before the forum closed all they would do is tell you to ring 1901 and then lie to you about having an unusually large number of calls. The truth about letting staff go has been in the papers numerous times but they had been instructed to lie to customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

I signed up for the €29.99 deal, I was told that the install would be within a few days. No sign of an engineer so I contacted them via chat and now the installation will be "sometime around 6th December." Has anyone who signed up recently had theirs installed? Currently with Sky and they tell me that Eir are supposed to contact them to let them know that they are taking over my broadband and phone but they haven't done this either, not sure if I need to contact them over this or not?

ebeanz wrote: »
    I signed up for the €29.99 deal, I was told that the install would be within a few days. No sign of an engineer so I contacted them via chat and now the installation will be "sometime around 6th December." Has anyone who signed up recently had theirs installed? Currently with Sky and they tell me that Eir are supposed to contact them to let them know that they are taking over my broadband and phone but they haven't done this either, not sure if I need to contact them over this or not?

I ordered on a 22nd Saturday online , it was installed the following Wednesday without any drama. They took over the line the same day and the tele number the following day.

There must be a surge of people after this offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I was asked to perform a self install. Nightline delivered the hardware to me and it was just a matter of plugging it all in. Eir provided instructions by email but I didn't need them. If you are waiting on an engineer install, you could always ask if a self install is an option .. might be quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Similar experience - I ran a line for them as my phone points are in retarded locations. He joined the cables up and getting full speed down result

I dont look forward to ringing their support should as issue arrise but €30 pm is plenty for broadband imo

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

And the fun begins.....

I was on 40pm package in contract until mid December so I rang to give my 30days notice.

They offered me a lesser package to stay so I decided to stay with them.

My 'upgrade' email mentioned a different price to what I was told, got onto chat and got them to confirm the price I was quoted.

This morning I got my bill - over twice what I was quoted!
    I understand the 'part-period' charges but they're basing it all on a 59.99 package that I never signed up to!
    The month period before I agreed the new offer even doesn't match the original price I was paying!

What a f-up of a company!

[Edit] I've given my 30days notice this morning as I was told that the agreed price given for me to stay was incorrect. What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Is this offer still on guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

On account of alll the issues ive stayed away from this! I moved to Pure telecom for 30pm instead

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Logo

Bambaata wrote: »
    On account of alll the issues ive stayed away from this! I moved to Pure telecom for 30pm instead
    Except that signing up to Pure Telecom today is €35/ month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just to note, Fibre to the home is now resold by all the other companies (Vodafone, Digiweb etc. ) so there is literally no reason to join or stay with Eir.

I've 4 months left in my contract because when my missus upgraded her phone they bundled it into the household package (at no extra saving) but this put us on a brand new 18 month contract for bb last October

Overall I've been disappointed with their service I pay €180 for 1gb internet, TV, and two mobiles. I initially got speeds up to 900mb but now it's down to around 300. Still fine but not what I pay for. The equipment for the TV isn't strong enough to play any of the HD channels so you can just watch SD TV.

And the whole lot needs to be reset once a week to clear the cache so it works.

Vodafone are doing it for €25 a month for 6 months on a 12 month contract (55 after the first 6 months)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭doctorg

For anyone that signed for the 29.99 Fibre Broadband deal. Do your accounts show the price as 29.99 ? I'm seeing 36.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Just to note, Fibre to the home is now resold by all the other companies (Vodafone, Digiweb etc. ) so there is literally no reason to join or stay with Eir.

I've 4 months left in my contract because when my missus upgraded her phone they bundled it into the household package (at no extra saving) but this put us on a brand new 18 month contract for bb last October

Overall I've been disappointed with their service I pay €180 for 1gb internet, TV, and two mobiles. I initially got speeds up to 900mb but now it's down to around 300. Still fine but not what I pay for. The equipment for the TV isn't strong enough to play any of the HD channels so you can just watch SD TV.

And the whole lot needs to be reset once a week to clear the cache so it works.

Vodafone are doing it for €25 a month for 6 months on a 12 month contract (55 after the first 6 months)
    VF all day long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

<cut>
    </cut>

Hi

I'm with eir with broadband and couple of mobile phones.
    I've bundled up broadband and phones one at the time (contracts ending on different months) and always was told that it will extend my broadband contact.
    But it never did - they were unable to show me where it says in t&c.

Of course I had to go thru the same conversation each time.
    Just my 5c.

Tom

Advertisement