Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Schiavone officially join AEW and will still work for MLW.

I wonder does his links too Turner and TNT help in anyway with some of the older heads still at the network he would have name recognition.

PWInsider are saying the WWE were interested in signing Tony up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Haven’t heard tony on mlw is he still good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would the rights even cost much for Sky/BT?

The live programming is on at ungodly hours and the network has killed the box office market.

The figure was about 15 million pounds a year for the last deal from what I read. I believe WWE was keen on an increase but given how bad the ratings have sunk in the UK, Sky was looking for a decrease. I figured they'd still find a way to make a deal but I guess BT were prepared to pay more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Moxley injured and out of All Out

Moxley out of all out hopefully that clears up serious stuff

https://twitter.com/jonmoxley/status/1165005289176911872?s=21

Have to say serious blow to all out as not much on the card I’d be looking forward to besides bucks and lucha bros

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Moxley was vital to draw casuals. That’s a big, big blow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Though he’s saying he’s hopeful he’ll be back in time for the TV debuts.

You have to wonder will they rethink letting their wrestlers wrestle on other promotions now especially with tv coming

Well pac announced as his replacement so his visa issues are sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

They should be using MJF against Omega rather than bring someone big in from outside like PAC or work something out with NJPW for Ibushi since Moxley supposedly has a contract with them until after Wrestle Kingdom.

Has been my biggest gripe so far that they haven't used some of these shows to build certain lads up. Omega was wasted at Fyter Fest playing dress up in a six man tag and at Fight for the Fallen with CIMA when he could have been helping to get young lads like MJF and especially Hangman Page more over with people who wouldn't be familiar with those guys.

Edit: just say Sky88s post now, had mine typed up but forgot to hit post

Cant recall sponsorship for one match before

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1166373612200349701?s=20

• Advertisement

Didn't they do that at Double or Nothing for Jericho Vs Omega?

Didn't they do that at Double or Nothing for Jericho Vs Omega?

well i never noticed then

sky88 wrote: »
    well i never noticed then

Sorry was still asleep when reading that and didn't notice they were actually calling the match a cracker barrel classic. Though I think at DorN they the cracker barrel in the ring before the Jericho and Omega match.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Schiavone officially join AEW and will still work for MLW.

I wonder does his links too Turner and TNT help in anyway with some of the older heads still at the network he would have name recognition.

PWInsider are saying the WWE were interested in signing Tony up as well.
    They have to have played a part. I mean he either worked for a wrestling promotion that was on the turner TV networks or was an employee of turner baring a year in WWE from 1983-1989 and from 1991-2001 which is a long time so whether there are many there from his time, as you say his name would ring some bells.

Really looking forward to All Out tomorrow night.

Expecting a few surprises as well however I'm not expecting Punk to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Second best card of the weekend for me, PAC/Omega and the Escalera De La Muerte match will be great no doubt, although if they let Hikaru and Riho really let loose that could be a classic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Would love to make it up to the party that goes on up in Dublin just once, this weekend looks great what with the 3 different shows!

Prob only get to catch everything on the sunday!!! Ill be crippled after first gsme of season back, so a few beers and pizza watching the rasslin sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

What time is the pre-show on, 12?

Could see Punk possibly showing up in a non-wrestling capacity at the event.

Jericho just has to win tonight page just isn’t there yet and isn’t big enough to be champ going into first tv. I don’t think Jericho is the right choice but out of the 2 has to be him but I think they’ll go page.

Mjf 100% will turn on Cody tonight

Won’t be Able to catch the show tonight look forward to seeing the reviews in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm away until tomorrow night so will be busy week when get back with this, NXT UK, Dark Crystal and maybe Carnival Row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Reckon Punk could get one of the biggest pops ever in the history of pro wrestling if he does appear tonight

As a wrestling character I like him but as a person meh

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Reckon Punk could get one of the biggest pops ever in the history of pro wrestling if he does appear tonight

As a wrestling character I like him but as a person meh

I’m the same love wrestling character but not a fan of himself but we could say that about a lot of wrestlers

They are putting together a pretty decent group for the commentary.I wonder will they mix it up week to week or have TV team and a PPV team.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1167564433679368192?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I hope people don't rate this event on whether or not CM punk shows up, because personally i don't think he will. Looking forward to it now,should be a fun ppv

Couldn't give a fcuk about Punk and I actually think if he does turn up he will takeaway from what looks to be a excellent PPV Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

How would he take away from it? He'd be comfortably the biggest star they've ever had and his return would bring tons of new eyeballs to the entire talent roster & product, and create a huge buzz for them.

What's the negative of that?

Is there any way to watch this on virgin media? I don't see it in 'on demand' or anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I saw someone make the suggestion that Cult of Personality should hit and then MJF comes out. It would be quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Is there any way to watch this on virgin media? I don't see it in 'on demand' or anywhere else.

From the ITV Box Office Site for Virgin Media customers: ITV Box Office is available on Virgin TiVo or V6 set top boxes. To purchase using your Virgin box, select: ON Demand > live events then press the red button. Choose the event and select ok, then follow the onscreen instructions. To view the event on the day, go to On Demand > Live Events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That women's battle royal was dreadful.

I like the look of the men's world title but the women's look quite small and cheap.

Advertisement