Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Together Now 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Ah sure half the craic of the pre-festival build up is the guess who!

At least with the posters it's more of an 'educated guess' of who's about, rather than the wild speculation of some sort of Daft Punk/Radiohead super collaboration.

2se96q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

2se96q.jpg

Well Played sir!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Synode wrote: »
    Got my tickets in the post today. Ticketmaster using new paper tickets.

Nice! When did you order out of curiosity? Ordered mine before Christmas but haven't shown up yet. Wasn't expecting them till much closer tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Eod100 wrote: »
    Nice! When did you order out of curiosity? Ordered mine before Christmas but haven't shown up yet. Wasn't expecting them till much closer tbh!

Ordered as soon as they went on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭roll

2 reasons:

1. The anticipation can lead to the actual announcement being more satisfying.

2. It's no harm to know who is playing the other festivals too!

jaysus johnny-in 20 odd years of festivals i have never known no. 1 to be true!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

hankless wrote: »
    Fat White Family just announced a new album due in April, I'd love to see them added. Their gig in Whelan's 2 years ago was brilliant.
    Playing Button Factory in May:
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/fat-white-family-dublin-08-05-2019/event/18005638A8894D51?did=elaserp

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Vampire Weekend announced an American/Canadian tour and looks like they wont be at EP so would love them to play ATN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Synode wrote: »
    Got my tickets in the post today. Ticketmaster using new paper tickets.

Ditto. I thought people were over reacting but the paper tickets are awful. Also the envelope looks exactly like an angry letter from your bank now so be careful if you are the sort that may not open those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Vampire Weekend announced an American/Canadian tour and looks like they wont be at EP so would love them to play ATN

There is a nice gap in the schedule. I'd love that, but would have thought they were maybe too big?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

End of the Road just announced and I would happily transplant the entire thing to All Together Now a month before. Line up includes...

Beirut
    Metronomy
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Spiritualized
    Courtney Barnett
    Jarvis Cocker (introducing JARV IS)
    Sleaford Mods
    Low
    Deerhunter
    Parquet Courts
    Mitski
    Beak>
    Goat Girl
    Let's Eat Grandma
    Yves Tumor
    Fontaines DC
    The Murder Capital
    Rozi Plain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

End of the Road just announced and I would happily transplant the entire thing to All Together Now a month before. Line up includes...

It's fantastic

sweetie wrote: »
    It's fantastic

jaysus that's a staggeringly good line up-my festival plans may have to change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

DyPYdl1XQAU7lG7.jpg:large

Judging by PODs other fest Forbidden Fruit i'd worry a little bit at the moment about ATNs lineup. Also with the poor reception to this years Metropolis fest.

Not amazing considering acts touring in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

would be happy with a lot of the above.

Jon Hopkins, Daniel Avery, Kojaque, Mall Grab, Honey Dijon, Laurent Garnier, Joy Orbison, Ross from Friends

Admittedly all (except Kojaque) from the same sort of electronic place but would fill out the afterhours part of ATN nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Judging by PODs other fest Forbidden Fruit i'd worry a little bit at the moment about ATNs lineup. Also with the poor reception to this years Metropolis fest.

I wouldnt worry. Theyve already booked the equiv of Led Zeppelin for indie hipsters.

• Advertisement

Wooderson wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry. Theyve already booked the equiv of Led Zeppelin for indie hipsters.

Laughed out loud at that. Led 'The National' Zeppelin

DyPYdl1XQAU7lG7.jpg:large

Think they had decent line up least hear. No huge acts but decent mid level acts say. Would like to see same this year. Guess that's the way it is when festival is starting out

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

There's an awful lot of decent acts touring this summer that are up for grabs. The National was a bit of a coup for ATN in fairness, if that's the ambition levels for this summer then I am excited about the announcement on the 19th. But, they are competing with EP to a degree so people need to set their expectations accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

There's an awful lot of decent acts touring this summer that are up for grabs. The National was a bit of a coup for ATN in fairness, if that's the ambition levels for this summer then I am excited about the announcement on the 19th. But, they are competing with EP to a degree so people need to set their expectations accordingly.

Yeah I think that is a fair point, IMO the lineup for last year wasn't that amazing but it was more so the excitement of a new festival and the potential the festival has. So I would be wary of setting my expectations too high this year, POD seem to rotate the same acts across their festivals as well so prob worth baring that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

I wouldn't have put The National as a bit of a coup. They've played here every year for the last few years, sometimes (afaik) twice in a year. They're a big name but they're not shy about gigging over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

hankless wrote: »
    I wouldn't have put The National as a bit of a coup. They've played here every year for the last few years, sometimes (afaik) twice in a year. They're a big name but they're not shy about gigging over here.

I think they're utterly dreadful bedwetters but from an intent of view its a great booking. They're a big band and hopefully a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

I agree with everything you've said. I won't be near the main stage when they're playing, but can fully appreciate their appeal and the fame their booking brings to a new, and somewhat small(er) festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The Nal wrote: »
    I think they're utterly dreadful bedwetters but from an intent of view its a great booking. They're a big band and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Utterly dreadful bedwetters? Wow. I would be interested in your description of most of the dross usually spread over the upper echelons of our nation's Summer festivals.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Utterly dreadful bedwetters? Wow. I would be interested in your description of most of the dross usually spread over the upper echelons of our nation's Summer festivals.

I'd just be curious what that even means tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Same!

All the good stuff is on the undercard. Same for most/all festivals.

The Nal wrote: »
    Same!

All the good stuff is on the undercard. Same for most/all festivals.

Agreed. I just think the National are well above what passes for headliners usually.

I'm not a huge fan of The National but they are a massive headline act, just look at some of the festivals they are headlining this summer, and what they have headlined in recent years. It's a big statement of intent from ATN, just hope the rest of the line-up is as ambitious

A massive picture was removed.... soz

Could we see a few of these at ATN?

Ugh. Ye weren't kidding about the paper tickets. They're dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A massive picture was removed.... soz

Could we see a few of these at ATN?

What event?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Ugh. Ye weren't kidding about the paper tickets. They're dreadful.

yep they are indeed - unfortunately it'll be print tickets from ticketbastard from now on - those new things aren't worth collecting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Wooderson

roll wrote: »
    yep they are indeed - unfortunately it'll be print tickets from ticketbastard from now on - those new things aren't worth collecting....

The fest will take your ticket and replace with a wristband.

Groove Armada on the festival circuit with the full band

Groove Armada on the festival circuit with the full band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Was hoping for Yves Tumor for Atn, but self-confirmed for EP. 1-0 to the big boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

MAD_COOL_2019-1024x771.jpg

... I don't think Bon Iver is beyond the realm of possibility!

Elbow are playing Forbidden Fruit, so "stealing" some past EP headliners isn't out of the question either.

Underworld & Nils Frahm were incredible last year but hopefully there'll be some new big electronic names. Raging I missed Friday for Mogwai & Grandbrothers so some 2018 returns would be good too.

I'm already too excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,031 ✭✭✭✭Basq

llatsni wrote: »
    ... I don't think Bon Iver is beyond the realm of possibility!
    Would bloody love to see BI at this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Nice lineup, would be happy with most of that. Hopefully Noel Gallagher isn’t playing though, everything since Morning Glory has been gack.

• Advertisement

Yep, some great stuff there. There's no way we'll get the National and Bon Iver, though. That would be a huge leap from where they were last year. Give me Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and they can do what they want with the rest.

cartel_mc2019_18En.jpg
    Yep, some great stuff there. There's no way we'll get the National and Bon Iver, though. That would be a huge leap from where they were last year. Give me Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and they can do what they want with the rest.

This is more up to date

Would these bands have to be playing festivals closer in time to ATN to feature? Or is it's a good sign if they're touring during summer anyways?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Would these bands have to be playing festivals closer in time to ATN to feature? Or is it's a good sign if they're touring during summer anyways?

Playing geographically closer to ATN,

Very little (if any, except The National) of these MAD COOL bands will play in ATN.

I'd look at smaller fests like Dour, Bilbao BBK, Kendal, Tramlines, Standon Calling before I would look to NOS, Mad Cool, Rock Werchter in sharing acts.

Teenage Fanclub look a definite runner. They're on in Glasgow on the Tuesday before and play a festival in Barcelona the weekend after. They'd be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I am going to guess a couple of these names as they seem to be around at the time:
    Father John Misty - I think he could be one of the headliners, playing in Glasgow on the Friday and a couple more festivals in Europe the following weeks.
    Jungle - Playing plenty of European festivals around then and have played at Metropolis & Forbidden Fruit with POD in the last few years.
    Richie Hawtin - same as above, POD always book him and would fill a main stage dance slot.
    Modeselektor - electronic act for one of the tents like Booka Shade or Nils Frahm last year?
    Neneh Cherry - old school act who is back touring this summer.
    Primal Scream - seems like they would suit the demographic of the festival and are playing lots of festivals including the weeks before and after ATN.

Would love Bon Iver but I think himself and The National would be too big a pull for ATN.

• Advertisement

I am going to guess a couple of these names as they seem to be around at the time:
    Father John Misty - I think he could be one of the headliners, playing in Glasgow on the Friday and a couple more festivals in Europe the following weeks.
    Jungle - Playing plenty of European festivals around then and have played at Metropolis & Forbidden Fruit with POD in the last few years.
    Richie Hawtin - same as above, POD always book him and would fill a main stage dance slot.
    Modeselektor - electronic act for one of the tents like Booka Shade or Nils Frahm last year?
    Neneh Cherry - old school act who is back touring this summer.
    Primal Scream - seems like they would suit the demographic of the festival and are playing lots of festivals including the weeks before and after ATN.

Would love Bon Iver but I think himself and The National would be too big a pull for ATN.

These are all good picks that have a very good chance of making an appearance.

I'm going for Tom Jones as my old school act.

My guess at headliners and some undercard based on whos touring nearby and last year choices,

The National (fleet foxes), Orbital (Underworld) ASH (Villagers), Basement Jaxx DJ set (Mura Masa), Nile Rodgers & Chic (New Power Generation),

KT Tunstall (First Aid Kit), Tom Jones (Chaka Khan), Echo & The Bunnymen (Mogwai),

Simian Mobile Disco DJ Set (Nils Frahm), Damien Jr Gong Marley (Jimmy Cliff)

Truck-Festival-2019-First-Announcement-6PM-EMBARGO-1600x2000.png

These mid size UK fest lineups are insanely good for money spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Truck-Festival-2019-First-Announcement-6PM-EMBARGO-1600x2000.png

Some lineup for that price..
    Has anyone being ?

That's a great line-up. Idles, Shame, Fontaines D.C. and Murder Capital seem to be travelling as a pack this Summer. If I got that lot at Alltogethernow or E.P., I'd be ecstatic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement