Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Eod100 wrote: »
    Talos has a new album out next month so could see them do a few festivals and play ATN again

They were excellent last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Fat White Family just announced a new album due in April, I'd love to see them added. Their gig in Whelan's 2 years ago was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

hankless wrote: »
    Fat White Family just announced a new album due in April, I'd love to see them added. Their gig in Whelan's 2 years ago was brilliant.

I'm amazed they are allowed call themselves that nowadays.... you know because of the #Outraged #Loonies #PcBrigade ........ :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

greenspurs wrote: »
    I'm amazed they are allowed call themselves that nowadays.... you know because of the #Outraged #Loonies #PcBrigade ........ :rolleyes:

Horizontally Gifted Caucasian Family :P

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

jaysus - calls for Primal Screen, Chemical Bros and Groove Armada in the last few posts... I hope not... Primal Scream can't play live.. The Chemicals.. well who hasn't seen them 10 times at least? and GA.. maybe live.. but their set last year was cat piss..

moan moan moan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    jaysus - calls for Primal Screen, Chemical Bros and Groove Armada in the last few posts... I hope not... Primal Scream can't play live.. The Chemicals.. well who hasn't seen them 10 times at least? and GA.. maybe live.. but their set last year was cat piss..

Sounds like the oxegen 08 lineup you're describing there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭kg703

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »

I’ve only seen the chemical brothers live twice and absolutely loved both. So shhhh! :D

But yeah caught primal scream at some festival in Bray a couple of years back and they were cack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

kg703 wrote: »
    I’ve only seen the chemical brothers live twice and absolutely loved both. So shhhh! :D

But yeah caught primal scream at some festival in Bray a couple of years back and they were cack :)

to be fair, I saw the chems in November and it was a great gig... so yeah not the worst booking by any means..

personally I'd love to see a full band basement jaxx gig.. former darlings of the festival circuit, they're due a return...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The OH got us tickets for Christmas.. both big fans of The National.

Hard to know how you'd follow up them in terms of announcing headliners.. Bon Iver would be superb!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hard to predict who will be announced but POD seem to recycle acts quite a bit, it's noticeable with Forbidden Fruit and Metropolis the last couple of years so you would think they will follow a similar pattern with ATN. Here are some acts that are touring this summer that have played Metropolis/Forbidden Fruit in the past couple of years: Bon Iver, Hot Chip, Tame Impala, Jungle, Little Dragon, Primal Scream, Mac Demarco, Richie Hawtin, Paul Kalkbrennar, Kaytranada

Was thinking First Aid Kit might make an appearance again but playing Forbidden Fruit. Think Villagers have standalone gig in Iveagh gardens but could be doing festivals too.

Maybe Beirut, they've a new album out next month and seem to be touring in the summer. Think they played Forbidden Fruit back in 2012.

I know Bon Iver, John Grant, Tallest Man On Earth, FAK, Julien Baker and MacDemarco are all playing All Points East Festival in London on June bank holiday so might get a few playing FF or ATN.

Think it's a short enough turnaround of 2 months between FF and ATN and 3 between ATN and Metropolis so wonder will they lose 1 in a few years and merge them. Or maybe there's a demand for all 3 (are different to be fair, just wonder is there enough artists touring to sustain all 3).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Coz

Eod100 wrote:
    Or maybe there's a demand for all 3 (are different to be fair, just wonder is there enough artists touring to sustain all 3).

Artists are touring more and more as it's their only real source it's income. $5k for 1 million plays on Spotify, which gets divvied up between all songwriters, the label and management (the artist may be all 3 but it's still not going to pay rent).

There won't be a shortage of artists touring for the foreseeable future!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hoping for:
    Tame Impala
    The Good The Bad and the Queen
    Thom Yorke
    Earl Sweatshirt
    Vince Staples
    The Murder Capital
    Kano
    Forest Swords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hey - sorry if this was asked already, did a search and couldn't find it...

How long was the walk from Tangerine Fields to the main arena last year? Was considering going for it but it looks far away on the map. No sense of scale as I wasn't there last year, though.

And, anyone who used it last year, would ye recommend it? What are the facilities like - showers, toilets, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Hey - sorry if this was asked already, did a search and couldn't find it...

How long was the walk from Tangerine Fields to the main arena last year? Was considering going for it but it looks far away on the map. No sense of scale as I wasn't there last year, though.

And, anyone who used it last year, would ye recommend it? What are the facilities like - showers, toilets, etc?

The site is not actually that big, maybe 10/15 min walk to the main arena from Tangerine Fields... we stayed in Podpads which is right beside it so perhaps someone else can advise on facilities but if I remember correctly from researching it last year the toilets/showers are outside of the campsite and that's why we went with Podpads

Edit - just reading the website there they have dedicated showers and toilets this year

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

The site is not actually that big, maybe 10/15 min walk to the main arena from Tangerine Fields... we stayed in Podpads which is right beside it so perhaps someone else can advise on facilities but if I remember correctly from researching it last year the toilets/showers are outside of the campsite and that's why we went with Podpads

Edit - just reading the website there they have dedicated showers and toilets this year

I would have said the the walk from podpads to the main stage was at least 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Wonder what crossover from this festival in Portugal in mid August?
    https://www.paredesdecoura.com/en/lineup/

Would be great if Spiritualized, Julien Baker, Father John Misty and Carseatheadrest played. Hat Tip to a poster on Nos Alive thread for the details

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

James Blake could pop up here, new album out today and touring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wonder what crossover from this festival in Portugal in mid August?
    https://www.paredesdecoura.com/en/lineup/

Would be great if Spiritualized, Julien Baker, Father John Misty and Carseatheadrest played. Hat Tip to a poster on Nos Alive thread for the details
    Yeah, Car Seat Headrest please.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for Car Seat Headrest, Mitski and Patti Smith off that Portuguese lineup!

Would also love to see Young Fathers and/or Jungle.

New Deerhunter, James Blake and Sharon Van Etten albums today, all well received. Would be happy to see those three on the bill too.

I'm trying to temper my expectations, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Patti would be beyond incredible down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Young Fathers would be very welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Agreed on FJM, Car Seat Headrest, Julien Baker and Young Fathers. Would be an unbelievable base for the lineup if we were to get a few of them.

When is the next announcement meant to be again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sometime in Feb

I'd be very happy with FJM and Car Seat Headrest, saw both at primavera last year but have gotten into both more since.

I'd take Parcels too!

Agreed on FJM, Car Seat Headrest, Julien Baker and Young Fathers. Would be an unbelievable base for the lineup if we were to get a few of them.

February. Haven't seen anything more specific than that. They said it while responding to people on Facebook.

I mean, if they're gonna be vague and just broadly say an entire month, at least it is the shortest of the months... And it's not a leap year...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

February. Haven't seen anything more specific than that. They said it while responding to people on Facebook.

I mean, if they're gonna be vague and just broadly say an entire month, at least it is the shortest of the months... And it's not a leap year...

That's when first set of announcement was last year, think it was definitely within 1st week too if that is anything to go by!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jeez.... I thought my knowledge of music was broad and varied ........

Until I read the last few posts !!!!! :/

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

Don't worry Greenspurs I haven't a clue who any of these acts are either.
    I even had to youtube The National.

That will not put me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for Car Seat Headrest, Mitski and Patti Smith off that Portuguese lineup!

New Deerhunter, James Blake and Sharon Van Etten albums today, all well received. Would be happy to see those three on the bill too.

I'm trying to temper my expectations, though.

Deerhunter would be insane

Also Stereolab please

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

maximoose wrote: »
    Sometime in Feb

I'd be very happy with FJM and Car Seat Headrest, saw both at primavera last year but have gotten into both more since.

I'd take Parcels too!

Yes to all three. I've seen both FJM and CSH but they are bands I'd go to time and time again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Also Stereolab please

YES.

Advertisement