Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Yes I really enjoyed the latest one, I thought the 5 part one dragged on for too long so this pod was a breath of fresh air. Shocking story.

Haha I loved the Belanglo one but yeah this was shocking alright. Can only imagine the uproar at the time. That kinda thing was very rare back in those days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

New case out today about an 11 year old girl that went missing..... I did cry during it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Jesus if they do I'll give it a skip!

Would doubt it would have the level of detail and depravity that the Moors murders had.

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Jesus if they do I'll give it a skip!

Would doubt it would have the level of detail and depravity that the Moors murders had.

The tape recordings were haunting.

The tape recordings were haunting.

Think that was the most fecked up stuff ever released on Casefile. Horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Think that was the most fecked up stuff ever released on Casefile. Horrific.

I couldn't listen to those episodes because of it: there's just some things I can't contemplate listening too.

all a bit drab recently imo - narrator not really giving it his all anymore imo.

probably the writing also.

and the sameness.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

glasso wrote: »
    all a bit drab recently imo - narrator not really giving it his all anymore imo.

Did you like Bellangelo? I thought that was brilliantly done

yes that was ok but dragged a little. could have been a 4 parter easily.

in general I think that, to me anyway, notwithstanding his neutral tone, the narrator is not putting as much of himself into it.

the writing seems more variable and the cases not as good in general also imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

yes that was ok but dragged a little. could have been a 4 parter easily.

in general I think that, to me anyway, notwithstanding his neutral tone, the narrator is not putting as much of himself into it.

the writing seems more variable and the cases not as good in general also imo.

I agree with you. I think it’s since he did the audience Q&A over Christmas I could just feel is apathy about true crime in general and tbh it just sounds like something that happened to fall into his lap rather than something he did out of genuine interest or love. I just haven’t been able to listen the same since.

Unrelated but I’ve been listening to The Killer Thorn of Gypsy Rose by Dr Phil and while I wouldn’t be a Phil fan in general, this story is just so bat shlt crazy it’s well worth a listen.

• Advertisement

latest episode about the Australian girl was fairly dull and uninspiring.

Not really too sure what people are expecting. It's a true crime series. There'll be some dramatic ones but they're trying to tell real life stories about real events. I don't see much of a drop in quality at all, I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

latest episode about the Australian girl was fairly dull and uninspiring.

If you take it in two parts, the disappearence/crime and then the investigation/trial (or lack thereof), sometimes I feel like the second part is not done as well as the first

I found that with the latest episode that was very much the case, I was intrigued by the first part but found the second somewhat rushed.

Some episodes are like that

I find the multi episode ones don't suffer from that, they are very good.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Not really too sure what people are expecting. It's a true crime series. There'll be some dramatic ones but they're trying to tell real life stories about real events. I don't see much of a drop in quality at all, I must say.

the way the case is structured in terms of writing and narration delivery is what the podcast has control over and it's been a let down in this case imo

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

came across the serial killer podcast few weeks back anyone listened to it? the host is an eccentric Scandinavian its very close to the casefile model. Highly recommend.

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    came across the serial killer podcast few weeks back anyone listened to it? the host is an eccentric Scandinavian its very close to the casefile model. Highly recommend.

Don't think I've heard that one, I'll check it out. Cheers for the tip!

that latest drug addict murder case was dreary and dull (if a sad story) - the downswing continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Circuital

Unsubscribed from Casefile. Just can’t get through the episodes anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

that latest drug addict murder case was dreary and dull (if a sad story) - the downswing continues.

Yeah I have to agree. All murders have merit of course but it just wasn't a compelling story to listen to. It really seems to have gone downhill since new year. It's like he's jumped the shark and can't be arsed anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

peaked with the east area rapist and no crime compares since. love the podcast but the EAR series was some of the most gripping "entertainment" I've ever experienced

• Advertisement

It's still streets ahead of some other podcasts that consist of endless audio clips which are very hard to hear, or narrators who are are just full of themselves, or interviews with people loosely connected with the case, -all just filler to extend the story. Casefile doesn't stoop to that kind of content. It's clear and to-the-point and builds the story up really well.
    Maybe it has exhausted the more interesting cases. It's probably difficult to come up with rivetting cases for every episode.
    I'll stick with it for the moment anyway as I feel it's quality podcasting compared to some of the other stuff out there.

whatever you say I detect a definite waning in the narrator's interest in terms of delivery.

100 min long episode this week. Eliza claps and Heather Barnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think this was one of the worse episodes ever (insert comic book guy meme).
    Nothing notewordy about it whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think this was one of the worse episodes ever (insert comic book guy meme).
    Nothing notewordy about it whatsoever.

Yeah I don't know how when they were researching it , they thought to themselves it would be a good listen. Not really a sympathetic character to use.

While I wouldn’t say they need a serial killer for an episode or series to be interesting...it certainly helps.

If you’ve unsubscribed then resubscribe. This weeks episode is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

Dots1982 wrote: »
    If you’ve unsubscribed then resubscribe. This weeks episode is a good one.
    Yay, looking forward to the listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

New one was great, in a shocking way, I don't remember saying 'F**K!!!' out loud during an episode before.

• Advertisement

A decent episode - yay!

About time
    I wonder what the real story with the church was here in terms of how early they knew something.

Advertisement