Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

Zardoz wrote: »
    I doubt they would sell out the Marquee at this stage nevermind Independent Park.

Have they played Cork before ? Certainly not in recent times, solid announcement, will sell well i’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

I doubt they would sell out the Marquee at this stage nevermind Independent Park.

I'd be shocked if this wasn't a sell out. Their shows are something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Rumour mill has thrown Chemical brothers into the mix for this now too apparently.

Soothsayer

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

I went to their gig in the 3 arena last year and they had to section off the seating at the top areas but other than that it was a good sell , sure it must have been considering they brought them back , They put on a class show if youve not seen their glastonbury set than id recommend having a look at that , I think itll sell fairly well down here im delighted its something out of the box compared to the usual acts. Im up at Green Day the night before but ill definitley be going to see them the day after and at €50 a ticket they arent pricing people out of seeing them , be a bit weird though cause itll be daylight unless they come on late but i imagine theres a curfew in place , I wouldnt be complaining their a great act

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

klose wrote: »
    Another midweek gig, Tuesday to be precise. Already going to two weekday gigs this year I'll have no holidays left in work at this rate.

I don't get it, the majority of their hardcore fanbase are touching the 40 mark (me included). Last gig in the point wasn't sold out, and that was a bank holiday Monday, and was mainly older. Schools and colleges I'm guessing were off that week and it didn't sell out.

I can see another crowd like the Marley Park gig, glued to their phones and chatting in circles, backs to the stage. Was also outdoor and was too bright to see the visuals for half show.

Im still going, hotel is booked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I think I'll give the Chemical Brothers a go. It's only down the road from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Hoboo wrote: »
    I don't get it, the majority of their hardcore fanbase are touching the 40 mark (me included). Last gig in the point wasn't sold out, and that was a bank holiday Monday, and was mainly older. Schools and colleges I'm guessing were off that week and it didn't sell out.

I can see another crowd like the Marley Park gig, glued to their phones and chatting in circles, backs to the stage. Was also outdoor and was too bright to see the visuals for half show.

'Kin hell man, they're a top class act playing in Cork. Chirp up will ya!!

It's a million times better than the rest of the sh1te on that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

Duffy98 wrote: »
    I went to their gig in the 3 arena last year and they had to section off the seating at the top areas but other than that it was a good sell , sure it must have been considering they brought them back , They put on a class show if youve not seen their glastonbury set than id recommend having a look at that , I think itll sell fairly well down here im delighted its something out of the box compared to the usual acts. Im up at Green Day the night before but ill definitley be going to see them the day after and at €50 a ticket they arent pricing people out of seeing them , be a bit weird though cause itll be daylight unless they come on late but i imagine theres a curfew in place , I wouldnt be complaining their a great act

Its been a good while since i have seen them, but it was a great show, kind of stuff, i am not normally into, and they always have a good light show, so its a good one, to hang at the back and take the whole thing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hoboo wrote: »

I would have put the majority of their fanbase at over 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lack of 2020 concerts is making me sad :(:(:D:D

Only 2 so far and Slipknot is in Jan (which barley feels like a new year ha)

Its really lack of bands im into touring but still a few weeks left of the year to announce something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    lack of 2020 concerts is making me sad :(:(:D:D

Only 2 so far and Slipknot is in Jan (which barley feels like a new year ha)

Its really lack of bands im into touring but still a few weeks left of the year to announce something

Careful what you wish for. Wait for the onslaught of announcements in the next fortnight.

Paul Mccartney just announced hes headlining glastonbury so he could do a "warm up" gig over here its been ages since hes played here hasnt it could do pairc ui caoimh id say would he be able to do Croke?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Paul Mccartney just announced hes headlining glastonbury so he could do a "warm up" gig over here its been ages since hes played here hasnt it could do pairc ui caoimh id say would he be able to do Croke?

I think the last time was in the RDS.

he could sell similar levels for Croke Park to what The Rolling Stones did

Be cool to see an actual member of the beatles live in person. Ringo is still going around and hes almost 80. Ticket prices will be rough i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

Next few weeks we'll see a few more I'm sure something big before Christmas. Hopefully Tool will play Europe after the Australia/New Zealand leg, maybe Beck will announce something later considering he has an album out this week. Big Thief may make a quick stop gig after the UK, and as always Pearl Jam rumours will always persist, and let's see about RATM. Festival lineups will give an idea.

Overall I think 2020 is sizing up well so far.

Anyone whos interested in getting chemical brothers tickets just sign up here:
    https://mcd.ie/mcd-presale-chemical-brothers/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

PTH2009 wrote: »
    he could sell similar levels for Croke Park to what The Rolling Stones did

Be cool to see an actual member of the beatles live in person. Ringo is still going around and hes almost 80. Ticket prices will be rough i imagine

McCartney is 77 so not far behind him!

Are we actually getting a Slane gig next year does anyone know its been very quiet on that front I thought it was all set to be an AC/DC gig but they havent been active at all in the last two months on any of their social media platforms , on the RATM front they are doing what GnR did so I can assume theyll tour europe they seem to be doing this for the money which i dont blame them for , id like to get a pearl jam gig so all the rumours every year can go away once and for all

Are we actually getting a Slane gig next year does anyone know its been very quiet on that front I thought it was all set to be an AC/DC gig but they havent been active at all in the last two months on any of their social media platforms , on the RATM front they are doing what GnR did so I can assume theyll tour europe they seem to be doing this for the money which i dont blame them for , id like to get a pearl jam gig so all the rumours every year can go away once and for all

Time will tell but normally they would be a few whispers around.

Metallica was announced last sep and GnR was early dec 2016

After metallica I said I would not go back there but I'd consider it now for Acdc instead of the hassle of flights etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

Jon Hopkins Galway 25 July as part of the arts festival. Tickets friday 22 November

• Advertisement

Motley Crue back for another tour after signing a 'cessation of touring' contract after there 2015 tour ended. Rumours of a tour along with Posion and Def Leppard but u doubt it will hit europe in 2020 or ever

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Testament, Exodus & Death Angel gig in March seems to be flying under the radar here.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

From The Irish examiner website ....
    Motown icon Diana Ross is to play the Marquee in Cork next June.

Alongside Dusty Springfield, Aretha Franklin, Martha Reeves and Dionne Warwick, Ross is considered one of the original pop divas of the 1960s.

She will play The Marquee in Cork on June 25, as will be revealed in an advert in Monday's Irish Examiner, ahead of her appearance at the Glastonbury festival the following Sunday. Tickets go on sale on November 25 at 9am.

Ross rose to fame in girl group The Supremes, before launching her solo career as a disco singer the 1980s.

Her back catalogue includes hits like Baby Love, Upside Down and I’m Coming Out.

Cat Stevens will perform at the Marquee on June 24, Jenny Greene returns to Cork with the RTÉ Concert Orchestra on June 26 while Christy Moore brings 'Magic Nights' to the tent on June 27.

The long-running Live at the Marquee concert series comes to an end in 2020 as developers who own Cork Showgrounds intend to be on site after concerts finish next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

DarMul17 wrote: »
    as always Pearl Jam rumours will always persist

Their rumoured tour list is floating around the 'net. Ireland isn't on it :(

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Their rumoured tour list is floating around the 'net. Ireland isn't on it :(

Heard that list is bollox and they will play in a pub in Louth next may

Its weird isnt it like Eddie does plenty of shows here but he doesnt bring the band over I cant understand it they would make an absolute fortune what would even be the right venue for them RDS? Saw him alright back in July he's amazing live but its not the same when he doesnt have the rest of the band with him ye reckon its a promoter issue that they refuse to play here weve see it with similar acts that they just avoid playing here its bizzare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Diana Ross and Cat Stevens, wow, two huge acts.
    Live at the Marquee is going out with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Jenny Greene and The RTE Concert Orchestra Friday June 26th and Christy Moore on Saturday June 27th also at Live At The Marquee Cork 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Diana Ross and Cat Stevens, wow, two huge acts.
    Live at the Marquee is going out with a bang.

Very good bookings if true. Hopefully theyll do well, not sure how the Coronas/Nathan Carter/Jenny Green crowd will feel about it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,160 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its weird isnt it like Eddie does plenty of shows here but he doesnt bring the band over I cant understand it they would make an absolute fortune what would even be the right venue for them RDS? Saw him alright back in July he's amazing live but its not the same when he doesnt have the rest of the band with him ye reckon its a promoter issue that they refuse to play here weve see it with similar acts that they just avoid playing here its bizzare

I doubt he has final say in where they tour, bit harsh saying he doesn't bring rest of the band with him.

Otherwise, fully agree. They'd sell a big outdoor gig fine. Could be a promoter issue, costs would be high I'd say. Insurance companies might jump prices after the dope at the last gig. Then their tours are weird as well, only do like 12 shows and seems they fit these around their holidays.

Advertisement