Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Circle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I hope the producers are a bit smarter in how they do the ratings to decide the winner. I mean, it seems pretty obvious that Freddie will give Dan & Kate 1 and Sian 2, thus he'll probably win by default. Dan's ratings have been terrible throughout and tactically he's been awful. Should be interesting to see how it goes.

I'll admit I've come around to Freddie, I think he's very funny and he's calmed down a lot. He's been by far the best game player, but I still can't forget how nasty he was at the beginning of the show, so for that reason I'd rather anyone but him win. Sian, Alex and Dan are all equally nice imo and I'd be really happy for either three of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

So happy that they're the Final 4. It'll be interesting to see how the final plays out - not sure them simply rating each other is the best way to do it, but I wonder how else they could go about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

So happy that they're the Final 4. It'll be interesting to see how the final plays out - not sure them simply rating each other is the best way to do it, but I wonder how else they could go about it.

It could be to ask them to vote as to which of the others would they like to win in order of preference i.e. 1,2,3. That'd make them think a bit harder as they'd have to give out maximum to somebody. Might still cancel out each other a bit in the 3s but the 2s and 1s would decide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The public vote for 25k is a good idea.
    A ranking of people would make sense otherwise it will be pretty much 1s all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Clip has a bit of a spoiler for tonight's ep.

https://twitter.com/C4TheCircle/status/1049313469286240257

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Clip has a bit of a spoiler for tonight's ep.

https://twitter.com/C4TheCircle/status/1049313469286240257

No chance am I watching that.
    I think sian will prob win.... But Dan has a chance.
    Kate/Alex played a great game but can't see him winning can't wait for him and Dan to meet!
    Freddie.... No.... Just no.... Does not deserve to win... Tosser.. 1 star to Dan... Naw not on

Also only watched last night's episode now... Kate is stunning on video!
    Alex is punching.... Maybe Dan has a shot lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the other people in the flats wont know themselves now freddie will be going, they'll be throwing a bigger party than the winner.

anyone expecting a bit of a showdown with dan and alex?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Poor Dan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Had to vote Dad after watching that. Poor guy. He was totally smitten with Kate.

I think Dan had a good idea... Kate wasn't Kate?
    He didn't take it too well...though.

Fingers crossed for a Dan or Sian win.

I was glad Sian came in to break the tension!

The freddie screeching f#ck off

• Advertisement

Kate/Alex won 50k amazing lol well played! And the 25k hurrah

So delighted that screaming tit freddie didn't win

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Why didn't they show how they rated for the final? Did Dan's ratings win it for Kate/Alex?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Already exists

I would say it was a combination of Dan staying loyal to Kate and Freddie and Sian turning on each for the final rating. Would love if they'd showed the ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Might have been better if they gave the 25k to one of the non winners. I guess Dan won it for Kate

Good result, although did feel a bit bad for Dan but I'd say he'll be okay with it

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

I think Dans honest ratings defo won it for Kate.

Glad he/she won.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Alex said he gave one star to two people and two stars to one person. So I'd say he gave Dan two stars. Dan must have given Kate at least three stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭crisco10

recyclebin wrote: »
    Alex said he gave one star to two people and two stars to one person. So I'd say he gave Dan two stars. Dan must have given Kate at least three stars.

Didn't we see Dan say 5 stars in the voting montage?? Which would have to be Kate..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Feel for Dan too - such a nice handsome guy. I don't know why they didn't show the ratings - I'd say they all rated each other low - except Dan must have given Ka...lex the most stars. It was a bit of an anticlimax in the end with them all meeting up but I suppose they needed to give Dan time to take it in...at one point after Freddie burst into the room you could see the expression on dan's face looked a little lost.

Yeah I think dans ratings for alex/Kate won it.
    He prob only needed to give him a fairly low star rating to win tbh.

Alex/Kate said he gave everyone 1 bar Dan who he gave 2.

Sian likely gave everyone a low score bar maybe Freddie.

Freddie probably gave everyone one... Even his 'bestie' possibly... So scuppered her chances.

I think getting them to rank everyone else would have been fairer like someone else suggested here.

• Advertisement

I think Dans honest ratings defo won it for Kate.

Glad he/she won.

Don’t think Kate expected or even wanted to win. All others thought they had a chance. Def the case that Dan swung it by voting along same lines but then he never seemed to figure that bit out! Sorry that Dan came away empty handed but not the other two particularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I’d say they didn’t show the voting because it would have made Freddie and Sian or even Alex look bad, just before or after the winner is announced.

Delighted that Kate/Alex won. Would've been nice for Sian or Dan to have gotten something too, but the show wouldn't have been so compelling in the first week or so if it wasn't for Alex going in as a Catfish, so in a way I think the show was initially only successful because of Kate/Alex, so he deserved the win.

Hope it comes back again next year, with some of the kinks (like the final rating) worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Delighted that Kate/Alex won. Would've been nice for Sian or Dan to have gotten something too, but the show wouldn't have been so compelling in the first week or so if it wasn't for Alex going in as a Catfish, so in a way I think the show was initially only successful because of Kate/Alex, so he deserved the win.

Hope it comes back again next year, with some of the kinks (like the final rating) worked out.
    They really struck gold in terms of the 4 from the original cast reaching the final 4. I don't think they could have scripted it any better. It would be interesting to see it return and whether it becomes more of a strategic game than a social experiment though.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    They really struck gold in terms of the 4 from the original cast reaching the final 4. I don't think they could have scripted it any better. It would be interesting to see it return and whether it becomes more of a strategic game than a social experiment though.

Yep, not sure if it's repeatable though - would certainly change the nature as everyone would immediately be suspicious of everyone else. I suppose the creators could tell all that a certain percentage, say 2/3rds would be genuine at least.

If Alex has a bit of decency, he'll split the 50K first prize with Dan as a goodwill gesture. Dan came across as a decent chap but a bit of a dope in terms of figuring out how others were voting. He rated Freddie fairly highly a few times whilst only getting 1 back from him and if he had rated the others with 1s at the end, he might have won himself as Alex had given him 2. Poetic justice in the end that Freddie's deviousness wasn't rewarded anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why would Alex split it with Dan? It’s a gameshow? He played the game very well. He should have to give half of his €50k just cause Dan was too nice to play the game.

No way should Alex share that prize money with anyone else - he won it fair and square. Buy them all a couple of pints sure, but he owes them nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Dan will earn plenty of £'s over the next few weeks and you could argue that his rate will go up as a result of the whole Alex / Kate thing. Consider that payment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Hopefully Dan will watch it back and realise that his Alex friendship was genuine and they become good friends IRL. (it's a bit awks when he fancies Alex's girlfriend though! :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Highly enjoyable final, the meet between Dan and Alex was worth the wait :pac: I wasn't expecting such a hostile reaction from Dan. Whilst I can sympathise somewhat, he's been incredibly naive.

Very happy to see Alex take home the prize, Dan foolishly giving him a 5 was obviously what did it. Not only that, but Dan's negative reaction is probably what gave Alex the extra £25,000. And not only that, the girl he fancied throughout the show is in fact going out with the guy who's catfished him and who he gifted £75,000 to. Bad times! :D

I feel bad for Sian going home empty-handed though, she certainly deserved something, she's been lovely throughout. I had feared Freddie's tactical voting would win it for him, but thankfully the others (bar Dan, of course) had a bit more sense. Freddie grew on me a lot, but difficult to forget his terrible behaviour at the beginning of the series.

I'm reasonably confident there will be a second series so there's certainly some kinks they'll have to work through. Particularly the late addition of contestants, as I've already said they have no chance of winning and, as we've already seen, they're rounded on by the originals and blocked at the first chance. It's a real shame we didn't see more of Harry, he sussed out Freddie straight away and was highly suspicious of Kate, he'd have been great to have from the beginning.

All in all The Circle was, completely unexpectedly, a brilliant series and one of my favourite shows of the year. Has it already been posted that Netflix are gonna be making their own versions? So the format will be going international, which makes it highly likely that the British version will return.

Advertisement