Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Circle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Didn't think I'd like this but I'm actually hooked! Don't think it is scripted! There is so little happening but it's the dynamics I find fascinating

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I'm sure it's heavily edited but to what extent do you think it might be scripted? You'll have to forgive the cynic in me, but I haven't seen much convincing footage to suggest that it was filmed over weeks rather than a day or two? There's no real time daily public vote, no particular sense of changing weather or events outside. Sure, the people get up and go to bed but that doesn't take long to film a few variations. I suppose you have to suspend disbelief but I wouldn't be too surprised to find it is scripted and acted to a large extent!

Some people (i.e. Freddie) are going to be hated by the viewers when they leave The Circle. He would have been mad to agree to all of this if it was scripted?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

2 more exits tomorrow night. Gonna be a good one I reckon. Think Kate/Alex could definitely be in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

2 more exits tomorrow night. Gonna be a good one I reckon. Think Kate/Alex could definitely be in danger.

I know we didn’t see all the ratings but from what we did see the influencers could be Sian & Ryan.

If so Dan, Kate, Genelle & Scotty would be in danger. Kate would defo be gone. Think Genelle would survive. It’s 50/50 on the other two but Ryan would push hard for Dan to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Some people (i.e. Freddie) are going to be hated by the viewers when they leave The Circle. He would have been mad to agree to all of this if it was scripted?

Actors get to play all sorts of dastardly roles without much consequence?
    I know we didn’t see all the ratings but from what we did see the influencers could be Sian & Ryan.

If so Dan, Kate, Genelle & Scotty would be in danger. Kate would defo be gone. Think Genelle would survive. It’s 50/50 on the other two but Ryan would push hard for Dan to go.

Seemed to be a polarisation of the vote between the two groups giving each other 5s and 1s etc., which might let the others in? Given yer man's UKIP/ Farage outburst though, hard to see how he'd be near the top. Interesting how that was set up (if it's believable), a straight old fashioned troll that catered to his obsessions and suckered him into a position that he would have avoided given a moments thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,836 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Freddie is vile....I would be happy for anyone but him to win....oh and Ryan....vomit.

Its a strangely addictive show...but I find myself skipping parts to get to the votes.

BarryD2 wrote: »

Seemed to be a polarisation of the vote between the two groups giving each other 5s and 1s etc., which might let the others in? Given yer man's UKIP/ Farage outburst though, hard to see how he'd be near the top.

Just on this, i think it is a possibility as from the ratings that we were shown he had a lot of 3's and 4's and you only normally need an average of about 3 to be an influencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Mairead is brilliant! :D

Mairead is brilliant! :D

May-read :)

Their inability to correctly pronounce Mairead is gonna do my head in. Even the continuity announcer for Channel 4 managed to make an absolute balls of it only seconds after Circle narrator, Sophie Willan, had corrected all the other players...

I think Hannah got screwed over - Scottie should've been the one to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sassyone

I am loving The Circle, I have met Ryan before in real life and he was lovely so friendly and genuine but not overly gone on him in the circle,but he is the only one to call out and question people choices and opinions. Love Freddie don't think the show would be the same with out him.
    Hannah definitely got screwed by Scottie I want him to be blocked next.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Genuinely surprised how much I'm enjoying this show, I think it's great. The way the dynamics change so quickly is fascinating. Really thought Alex/Kate was gone last night, so was relieved she stayed. It was quite harsh on Hannah, I quite enjoyed watching her make Scotty squirm, but she was never going to win anyway.

Freddie is repulsive but I can appreciate that he has brought a lot to the game, and he's playing it quite well. I truly will be sickened if he ends up winning it though. Hoping for Alex/Kate to win, or failing that Dan. Dan's crush on Kate is hilarious, he's gonna be so embarrassed when he finds out :pac: The finale next Friday is live apparently, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out :)

Genuinely surprised how much I'm enjoying this show, I think it's great. The way the dynamics change so quickly is fascinating. Really thought Alex/Kate was gone last night, so was relieved she stayed. It was quite harsh on Hannah, I quite enjoyed watching her make Scotty squirm, but she was never going to win anyway.

Freddie is repulsive but I can appreciate that he has brought a lot to the game, and he's playing it quite well. I truly will be sickened if he ends up winning it though. Hoping for Alex/Kate to win, or failing that Dan. Dan's crush on Kate is hilarious, he's gonna be so embarrassed when he finds out :pac: The finale next Friday is live apparently, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out :)

You sure the Finale is on Friday? For some reason I thought it was the following Monday/Tuesday - think a date may have been given in an article I read and could've been sure it was the 8th or 9th of October, but I could easily have gotten mixed up.

Really liked Mairead at the start thought she was funny but she got carried away on that date with Dan it was too much bit to obvious she started to slightly grate on me by end of programme,we get it your 57!!
    so who do you think is going Ryan or Kate? I think Ryan deserves to go but would love to see Kate go purely to see the reaction when they find out who she really is!ˆ

sassyone wrote: »
    Really liked Mairead at the start thought she was funny but she got carried away on that date with Dan it was too much bit to obvious she started to slightly grate on me by end of programme,we get it your 57!! so who do you think is going Ryan or Kate? I think Ryan deserves to go but would love to see Kate go purely to see the reaction when they find out who she really is 🙈
    Think Kate will go but hope it is Ryan.
    Mairead is funny but was a bit too full on with Dan (to say the least)!

Don’t like nice Freddie I want psycho Freddie back! #factsarefacts :)

Think Kate will go but hope it is Ryan.
    Mairead is funny but was a bit too full on with Dan (to say the least)!

Don’t like nice Freddie I want psycho Freddie back! #factsarefacts :)

I agree although Freddie is playing a good game and had to be nice to stay in I prefer when he is loud and funny!
    I thought his new profile picture someone might have copped on he was gay!

Oooh, what a place to end the episode... I actually think they'll block Ryan, it seemed they were leaning that way.

If they were playing it smart, the original 4 (Sian, Kate/Alex, Freddie, and Dan) should form an alliance until the end and then fight it out among themselves. I know they don't always see eye to eye, but I know if I was in there I wouldn't want some blow in who only came in for the last week or so to win the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Ryan's game is up defo, he's no allies left and he was never popular to begin with.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Ryan's game is up defo, he's no allies left and he was never popular to begin with.

Yeah he’s no allies left but although they say he is a big game player I think there’s a few with big game plans but he was the only one to talk about it and discuss it.

So Ryan is gone, glad Kate survived.
    Thought Freddie was a bit OTT meeting Ryan but glad he was called out on the psychic bullsh*t.

New people look interesting but it’s too late for them to come in, they have no chance.

• Advertisement

I want one of the original 4 to win it. One of them deserve it for lasting as long as they have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Have been watching this too - it's an interesting take on reality TV and quite absorbing. I think Dan or Sian should win - they both are the most genuine and I do feel bad that Dan has bought into the idea of Kate - and fancies her - it will be very awkward if either of those two have to visit each other.

Freddie isn't likeable but has some great one liners - and I would've wanted "Kate" to win from the beginning just for sheer cheek but he has withdrawn a little and hasn't played it up with the new members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Pretzill wrote: »
    Have been watching this too - it's an interesting take on reality TV and quite absorbing.

There was an utterly dismissive review in the IT at the weekend, but I think the reviewer may have only looked at the first episode or two at most and jumped to foolish conclusions.

Mairead was a bit quick to recognise Phill Collins song last night, which would betray her age. Reckon this will get back to Danno via the new girl who will be lavishing txts on him! So could be a row or too there yet.

Mairead gone.
    No surprise really she went waaaaay over the top coming on to Dan.

Glad Mairead went she was way over the top but can’t wait to see her and Dans meeting.
    Not really gone on precious she seems a bit full of herself, Scotty is growing on me didn’t like him at all when he entered but he can be funny.
    Think Kate needs to up her game now she/he is staying to quiet

sassyone wrote: »
    Glad Mairead went she was way over the top but can’t wait to see her and Dans meeting.
    Not really gone on precious she seems a bit full of herself, Scotty is growing on me didn’t like him at all when he entered but he can be funny.
    Think Kate needs to up her game now she/he is staying to quiet

I'm starting to agree about Scotty. I thought he was the awful when he first came in and added nothing, but he is entertaining.

I also agree about Kate/Alex, no chance of winning if they don't up their game, but I want Kate and Freddie in as long as possible for entertainment purposes. Leaning towards Dan or Sian for the win though, at this stage.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Whilst I love the show, bringing people in so late shows a flaw in the format imo. They're at a huge disadvantage given the alliances have already formed, and it's very difficult for them to stand a chance. Four of the seven blocked so far have been later additions, and it's over a week since an original was blocked. The newbies seem to serve as catalysts above anything else.

Dan and Alex need to start getting smarter with their ratings, they've been giving Freddie 2's and 3's the last couple of times. It should be patently obvious to them at this stage that Freddie is consistently rating them low.

As for my own ratings:

5 stars: Alex, Dan
    4 stars: Sian
    3: Harry (seems inoffensive so far, but too early to rate him higher)
    2: Scotty, Precious
    1: Freddie, although it pains me to say he had made me laugh a couple of time in the last two episodes.

Also, the instant dislike Precious has taken to Sian is a bit pathetic. "She brings nothing to the circle", how the f*ck do you know? You've been there less than 24 hours.

Anyone think “Kate” might tell Dan the truth? She is starting to feel guilty

• Advertisement

Also, the instant dislike Precious has taken to Sian is a bit pathetic. "She brings nothing to the circle", how the f*ck do you know? You've been there less than 24 hours.

I said exactly this when I was watching it, how can precious even have an opinion on Sian yet,I think it’s pure jealousy. Precious wants to be in position Sian is the girls like her and the boys get on with her and Scotty fancies her

Advertisement