Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Circle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sassyone

Anyone think “Kate” might tell Dan the truth? She is starting to feel guilty

I don’t think Kate will, he is too much into playing the game and keeping Kate liked and on the fence! But I agree Alex is definitely feeling bad for lying to Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Whilst I love the show, bringing people in so late shows a flaw in the format imo. They're at a huge disadvantage given the alliances have already formed, and it's very difficult for them to stand a chance. Four of the seven blocked so far have been later additions, and it's over a week since an original was blocked. The newbies seem to serve as catalysts above anything else.

Dan and Alex need to start getting smarter with their ratings, they've been giving Freddie 2's and 3's the last couple of times. It should be patently obvious to them at this stage that Freddie is consistently rating them low.

I'd think it's engineered that way - the newcomers have been picked and likely advised that their role is to go in and be provocative and shake things up a bit. The original group seemed to be more balanced overall with a few that are/ were basically authentic. Whereas from Ryan onwards, they seem more extreme. Agree that Scotty is a bit more complex that originally portrayed, thinking a bit more with his head now than his dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The look on Dan's face at the end of last night's episode when Mairead has just walked was hilarious! Crying laughing face emoji

I REALLY don't want Freddie to win this... He's horrible

I hope Dan wins, and if not, Sian.

Alex is a nice guy, but I would prefer Kate not to win.

Scotty is growing on me a bit... Only a small bit though.

Harry seems okay.

Precious doesn't seem like a nice person

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Precious is mental! What is her problem with Sian?

Freddie was very funny slagging off Dan about Mairead :)

Trust is gone between Dan and Kate. Kate either has to give him the reassurance he needs (i.e. lie) or come clean to him or she will be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sassyone

Precious has to be blocked next she is crazy and trying to make Sian look bad.

Thought Harry was great with his questioning Freddie I’m surprised not more of them don’t do this to find out about each other if they have suspicions

I know Freddie is like marmite but he made me laugh so much tonight especially with slagging Dan about Mairead” liven up Dan she’s get her pension in 3 years” :)

If Alex is in it to win he needs to reassure Dan he has to say he has nothing to hide (I know a big lie) but he needs to do it to stay in

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sadly, I feel like Alex has kind of given up a little. If he wants Kate to be there until the end there's definitely more he could be doing.

Precious is absolutely deluded. I reckon she'll be blocked next for sure.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

This Precious creature is awful. I mean, what the fúck?!

The game certainly seems up for Alex, and I'm surprised that the guilt has gotten to him. As said above, he could certainly be doing more to convince Dan. In that chat tonight he just deflected and came across as more suspicious. It's a shame cause I was banking on him getting to the end and absolutely flooring Dan when the reveal was made. Difficult to see Alex having a chance of winning now, but it depends on how the winner is chosen, which is yet to be declared.

Whilst Freddie awful, it must be said he's playing the game excellently. Getting Scotty on side was obviously a good move, it paid off tonight when he jumped to Freddie's defence. I actually really like Harry, it's a shame he wasn't introduced sooner. Unfortunately he'll probably be dispatched of after Precious.

This Precious creature is awful. I mean, what the fúck?!

The game certainly seems up for Alex, and I'm surprised that the guilt has gotten to him. As said above, he could certainly be doing more to convince Dan. In that chat tonight he just deflected and came across as more suspicious. It's a shame cause I was banking on him getting to the end and absolutely flooring Dan when the reveal was made. Difficult to see Alex having a chance of winning now, but it depends on how the winner is chosen, which is yet to be declared.

Whilst Freddie awful, it must be said he's playing the game excellently. Getting Scotty on side was obviously a good move, it paid off tonight when he jumped to Freddie's defence. I actually really like Harry, it's a shame he wasn't introduced sooner. Unfortunately he'll probably be dispatched of after Precious.

The thing is (assuming it's genuine) is that nobody knows for sure if anybody is who they say they are. So yer man Dan may have suspicions about 'Kate' but equally Kate/ Alex would be perfectly entitled to doubt who Dan is, Dan could be 70 year old lesbian for all s/he knows. All 'Kate' really needed to say was 'I'm as real or genuine as anyone else here, including you Dan' and 'I've been happy to support you when voting etc'.

Freddie has led a charmed life so far. In many ways he's the most two faced of the lot, telling several people he's their best mate and then giving them the lowest rating. The people who seem to suspect him usually go though. Dan and Kate/Alex must be thick at this stage to be still giving him anything more than 1 star. Assuming it is real, I think Freddie will fare poorly when he comes back to normal public life as he's been consistently devious and deceitful.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    The thing is (assuming it's genuine) is that nobody knows for sure if anybody is who they say they are. So yer man Dan may have suspicions about 'Kate' but equally Kate/ Alex would be perfectly entitled to doubt who Dan is, Dan could be 70 year old lesbian for all s/he knows. All 'Kate' really needed to say was 'I'm as real or genuine as anyone else here, including you Dan' and 'I've been happy to support you when voting etc'.

I think that's why the show is so interesting and fascinating.

As you said, Alex could have easily said something to deter Dan's suspicions about Kate.

Alex was initially very devious by 'creating' Kate but now, since he has become such good friends with Dan (well, as much as someone can without meeting face-to-face), he is feeling guilty and it's getting to the point in which he wants to tell Dan the truth. I got the impression last night that Alex didn't care about winning the game anymore, he would prefer to have Dan as a mate. In my opinion that shows that Alex is actually a nice person.

Freddie, on the other hand, has zero integrity. He will continue to lie and be devious. Not only does he not really care about anyone, but he revels in being deceitful.

• Advertisement

Precious has left the building! No surprise at all there. She cray cray!

Interesting ratings glad to see Kate move up :)

Have to say Freddie is playing a great game, very tactical and looking at the big picture. Hope he gets to the final (but doesn’t win!)

No surprises that Precious went. Will be interesting to see how everything works between now and the finale. As much as I want them both to stay, I think there's a chance Freddie or Kate/Alex could be next to go depending on who the Super Influencer is.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Whoever gets super influencer, it'd be a fantastic opportunity to get rid of some competition. But would anyone be heartless enough to get rid of Sian?

Kate tempoararily seems to be back in the mix after tonight, still think Alex could do it.

I feel bad for Harry, he seems like a nice guy with a lot to contribute but he's entered far too late and thus has no chance. If this gets a second series I hope they reconsider how late they add contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,195 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would be happy for anyone but freddie to win.....vile

Dan or Sian would be a good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

did harry think he was going to swoop in so late in the game and win with days to the final over the more established players? doesnt stand a chance. late additions are pointless.

Do we know how this is going to finish? Players treating each other as per usual? Or something different?

Surprised Scotty went, seems like a decent fella once he dropped the bravado act.

Between Sian and Dan for the win unless they get the public involved then who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I wasn't surprised Scotty went once predictably Sian became super influencer - you could see Harry has her eye (and I thought fairplay Scotty didn't warm himself to the women)
    Dan has to win for me - I actually feel sorry for Dan that Kate isn't Kate and if I was Alex's girlfriend I might be looking forward to meeting his new friend. He is the most genuine next to Sian -

I also felt for Freddie tonight there was a twinge of immaturity about him and I do think he looked up to Scotty more than just fancying him (which he did too)

It is a good show - has lots going on most of it subtle and psychological.

How much stock we put in the people behind the words

I'm not crying, you're crying! Shut up! Damn, who would've thought Scottie being blocked would be the one that got to me. While I think they've got the right idea of having the Original 4 as the final 4, I think Harry should've gone before Scottie did. We all thought Scottie was a right knob when he first arrived, but to be fair to him he actually seems like a genuinely nice guy when he's not flirting - the chat between him and Freddie at the end was really good... Best face to face meetup so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I have to watch this on catch up. When is the final i thought that one was the last one!

• Advertisement

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I have to watch this on catch up. When is the final i thought that one was the last one!

Final is on Monday. No episode tonight, so just Sunday and Monday left.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Ah right! Thanks for that!
    #factsarefacts

They might switch the 'super influencer' to the person coming last in the vote? That'd make things interesting.

Dan has probably been the most consistent, even if he's a bit gullible in more ways that one and doesn't see through Freddie. Sian was fairly devious early on but could have easily kicked out her nearest rival yesterday and didn't.

Freddie is a likable chap, but a lying bollox. He was palling up Dan again and then gives him 1 vote behind his back.

The public are getting to vote for one of the contestants to win £25k

https://twitter.com/C4TheCircle/status/1048596240911355904

Hope "Kate" wins this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the earth is flat #factsarefacts

to be fair to freddie, he's played a blinder as a straight guy, it took harry, a newcomer to suss him out.

I wonder can we vote Fiji to win the £25k :D

Who did ye all vote for?
    I voted for Dan

Robsweezie wrote: »
    the earth is flat #factsarefacts

to be fair to freddie, he's played a blinder as a straight guy, it took harry, a newcomer to suss him out.

Some of the earlier people had figured Freddie was a liar, but went next go. Seems to have eventually dawned on Dan that Freddie has been shafting him.
    How will they organise the final vote? Can’t be this way or they’ll all give each other 1

Who did ye all vote for?
    I voted for Dan

Dan has a good chance to win the main prize alongside Sian so I would like to see Kate or Freddie fight this one out.

Freddie has provided all the entertainment and I wouldn’t mind seeing him winning something but I would prefer Kate to win it.

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Some of the earlier people had figured Freddie was a liar, but went next go. Seems to have eventually dawned on Dan that Freddie has been shafting him.
    How will they organise the final vote? Can’t be this way or they’ll all give each other 1

Freddie will give everybody a 1 no doubt about it!

Don’t think everyone else will be quite that bad but marks will be lower for sure

Advertisement