Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I’ve a pain in my hole having to wait in the queues while people mess about with their phone trying to save a few pence. 5 minutes wait again today coz some yoke refused to move until she got it to scan.

guy shopping in lidl not bothered with savings shocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

123654789 wrote: »
    Yes
    This works

Yeah, just had someone try it after i posted that message and it worked no problem.
    Handy if you had a spare phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

I’ve a pain in my hole having to wait in the queues while people mess about with their phone trying to save a few pence. 5 minutes wait again today coz some yoke refused to move until she got it to scan.

To be fair this week's savings total €14.49.
    And possibly another €2 from a scratch card or €5 if it's their first time using the app.

I'd be well pissed off at paying €16.49 more than anticipated on products I'd likely bought because of the promotion l, just cos someone behind me in the queue made a fuss about a short delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,025 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is 5 euros you save and more with offers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Was there at the tills yesterday to use it for the first time, "App Requires an update". Couldn't access anything, no time to update and not enough space on phone to pause and do it.

Delete the app.
    When you download the updated version and install, it will have all your details, no need to register or login.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

i've used the app four times since downloading and have never got the five euro discount even though it's activated. Other discounts seem to be applied piecemeal, you might get one and not another and sometimes it's hard to get the reader to recognise the code on my phone. All in all not really impressed.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    i've used the app four times since downloading and have never got the five euro discount even though it's activated. Other discounts seem to be applied piecemeal, you might get one and not another and sometimes it's hard to get the reader to recognise the code on my phone. All in all not really impressed.

Apologies if you already knew this but it doesn't come off as a fiver, it distributes the discount across all your purchases. So if it has worked you won't actually see a €5 off at the end.

Apologies if you already knew this but it doesn't come off as a fiver, it distributes the discount across all your purchases. So if it has worked you won't actually see a €5 off at the end.

No I didn't know that, seems a strange way to do it. I've noticed different discounts over selected items on the receipts all right and didn't understand why. Obviously the fiver could come off over several visits then as the one on my phone still shows as activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Marhay70 wrote: »

Are you spending over 25 euro?

It gives a total savings at the end .

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Are you spending over 25 euro?

Yep always. I view shopping as a necessary evil so I wouldn't be a daily visitor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kmcg46

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Still not we to use the app as our verification text never comes through :(

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jempots88

It's a lot more than a few cent for some. I can scan in a few seconds, never had a problem with it. This week I saved €20.53!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

Anyone know if there is a spend limit to use the €2.00 scratch card win ?

bigwillie wrote: »

I'd say probably €2 tbh

Anyone know if there's a limit on a 50c scratch card? 50 flipping cent :( The €2 one seems to have bypassed me.

bigwillie wrote: »

Picked up 6 beers last night with the 2 euro off, beers were 4.69 I only paid 2.69, so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Our LIDL does not have phone signal inside, so we have a lot of times that folks have not activated their coupons before entering the store and then we have them trying to wave the phone around, running to the windows etc .. finally giving up and paying - is definitely wasting time for others I must say, lots of them also don't understand the app fully yet either - unfortunately they haven't been looking here on this forum :-)
    I personally found it very easy to use and scan it even if I am not using any vouchers (it takes a second) as I get the digital receipt. I just check the vouchers available after I park my car and then activate the ones that I think I need and we are done. And Finally our LIDL now has the voucher items all at one place - yay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Where are the scratch cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Where are the scratch cards?

Appears on the app seconds after I paid at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Kmcg46 wrote: »
    same here

I am having the same issue and I'm on Vodafone the lovely guy I spoke to today from lidl told me to contact vodafone and they sorted it by enabling premium messages... got my validation text in minutes!!

• Advertisement

Debub wrote: »
    Our LIDL does not have phone signal inside, so we have a lot of times that folks have not activated their coupons before entering the store and then we have them trying to wave the phone around, running to the windows etc .. finally giving up and paying - is definitely wasting time for others I must say, lots of them also don't understand the app fully yet either - unfortunately they haven't been looking here on this forum :-)
    I personally found it very easy to use and scan it even if I am not using any vouchers (it takes a second) as I get the digital receipt. I just check the vouchers available after I park my car and then activate the ones that I think I need and we are done. And Finally our LIDL now has the voucher items all at one place - yay

Why dont ppl activate in advance then just have card open before they go into shop? Still works like that.

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Tried both variations on both networks to no success. Not sure what's going on!

Got.mine sorted today finally. Rang vodafone and they enabled these premium messages. Was waiting few days to hear back from lidl but they finally answered today. Got my text straight away after.

I got the app today but when I try to activate the coupons I get a message saying "error deactivating coupon". Has anyone had this happen?

Was happening my boyfriends account but not mine. Apparently it's an error but it's fixed now. Did u get your 5 off 25 cos my bf didnt when he registered on wed but it appeared this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Debub wrote: »

Yes. Great idea having all the specials all in one place. Managed to get all done and dusted in jig time. Good value so far on the specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    Why dont ppl activate in advance then just have card open before they go into shop? Still works like that.

I do exactly that as reception is bad inside my Lidl. I even scan my card while cashier is still scanning my shopping - it works perfectly well and no delays for anyone at the end.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Best app ever.

Saving a fortune.

Same. But I'm buying stuff I never buy so prob end up spending more 😂

Thargor wrote: »
    Wonder if the electronic receipts in the app will count as a receipt if you try to return something? On the rare times Ive bought dodgy food from Lidl they wont take it back without a receipt, which I never have for food, always do for tools and electronics. Aldi take anything back no questions asked.

Used my digital receipt to get refund today. Red line appears on it once it's done. Very clever in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Same. But I'm buying stuff I never buy so prob end up spending more 😂

Likewise, I’ve put on half a stone since this app was released! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

glen123 wrote: »
    I do exactly that as reception is bad inside my Lidl. I even scan my card while cashier is still scanning my shopping - it works perfectly well and no delays for anyone at the end.

Yes. Just activate everything, bearing in mind that €1 or €2:money off or €5 off €25 cannot be used together so just activate those individually. And what you don't use at that time still remains available within the time frame.

• Advertisement

Same. But I'm buying stuff I never buy so prob end up spending more ��

And you know it! The downside of having digital receipts with all your purchases laid out before you

Advertisement