Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

This is getting ridiculous!
    I don't have a LIDL near me - it's 30 minute away vs 10 and 15 mins for ALDI. I usually only go to LIDL less than once a month, to load up with their tasty cloudy apple juice and the real vanilla icecream, or even less often with cocooning.

And now I've been to LIDL 3 times in 2 weeks! And today I didn't been bother going for a full house by taking all the possible savings.

I wonder will there be a response by ALDI or Tesco? I don't think Dunnes have the stomach for a food fight. And Dunnes made the least strategic use of their loyalty card compared to Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    I don't have a LIDL near me - it's 30 minute away vs 10 and 15 mins for ALDI. I usually only go to LIDL less than once a month, to load up with their tasty cloudy apple juice and the real vanilla icecream, or even less often with cocooning.

And now I've been to LIDL 3 times in 2 weeks! And today I didn't been bother going for a full house by taking all the possible savings.

I wonder will there be a response by ALDI or Tesco? I don't think Dunnes have the stomach for a food fight. And Dunnes made the least strategic use of their loyalty card compared to Tesco.

how does the ice cream not melt if you have a 30 minute drive home with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,915 ✭✭✭thesandeman

casio4 wrote: »

Probably buys a freezer and a generator from the middle aisle every time he/she's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Eats it on the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Was in Moore st earlier where they are advertising it pretty heavily in the store and yet it still doesn't work on the self service checkouts which are 90% of their tills! Asked a guy there and he had to print out a till receipt and finish the transaction at one of the normal tills (would have gone straight to one of them but they were all closed).

Not great really, I presume they need to update the software on them before it's accepted considering you should be able to just scan it along with your groceries like in Tesco et al

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Full launch must be starting this week as front and inside cover of this week's catalogue is advertising the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Think I'll use my €5 voucher on the circular saw that's out tomorrow.
    Sure what house doesn't need a circular saw? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

blade1 wrote: »
    Think I'll use my €5 voucher on the circular saw that's out tomorrow.
    Sure what house doesn't need a circular saw? :pac:

I prefer saws which cut straight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I prefer saws which cut straight :D
    I can see why :pac:

ad8b725cbf016500cfd5f68907278e0b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Anyone know if you activate and use the coupons at the start of the week do they appear again later on in the week, as I used the Kerrygold, 6 ice cream, kinder and dog food on Wednesday but this morning they are all appearing again with the blue activation tab ready to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

amber2 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you activate and use the coupons at the start of the week do they appear again later on in the week, as I used the Kerrygold, 6 ice cream, kinder and dog food on Wednesday but this morning they are all appearing again with the blue activation tab ready to use.

Interesting.
    Check your digital receipt to make sure you got the money off first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Was in Moore st earlier where they are advertising it pretty heavily in the store and yet it still doesn't work on the self service checkouts which are 90% of their tills! Asked a guy there and he had to print out a till receipt and finish the transaction at one of the normal tills (would have gone straight to one of them but they were all closed).

Not great really, I presume they need to update the software on them before it's accepted considering you should be able to just scan it along with your groceries like in Tesco et al

Can scan the card at the self checkouts now in Moore St store

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

dowtchaboy wrote: »

Im laughing here cos Im in a similar position, Aldi is 10km away for me in one town and Lidl 16km away in another but Ive been to Lidl every week since these offers began. The extra time/fuel doesnt bother me as I prefer Lidl to Aldi these days anyway so the offers are a good incentive to travel that little bit further. Plus the road to Lidl is full of hills and twisties and is a very enjoyable road to ride on a motorbike.
    Full launch must be starting this week as front and inside cover of this week's catalogue is advertising the app.

yeah I noticed that and they have signage outside the store advertising the app too. I think now the word is out this might go the same way as their weekend super savers which are often impossible to get stock of. Yesterday the Lidl I visited was sold out of the beef medallions and I got the very last box of ice creams.

Has anyone tried deleting and reinstalling the app to see do you get another fiver off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Have they plans to bring in a points accumulation thing like Super Valu and Dunnes?

Having to actually tap "redeem" on each offer is a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Interesting.
    Check your digital receipt to make sure you got the money off first time.

Edit: Solved the app had logged me out so all the coupon were appearing.

I drive a VW T4 California with the exquisite fridge/coolbox. If I know I'm heading out to buy icecream I'll turn it on well before I leave home, and throw in a few cool blocks from my freezer too. I love that fridge - compared to the 3 way things I used to have in previous campers its the dog's.

I'm glad LIDL don't have those irresistible doughnuts with cream and strawberry filling in their freezer anymore - I would be fat as a fool in weeks,

Probably buys a freezer and a generator from the middle aisle every time he/she's in.
    LOL! I DID buy a freezer a couple of months ago - but from ALDI! Great little chest freezer reduced to €80. But I have a 12v Westfalia fridge in my VW camper, which is my daily transport. It goes to 0 degrees or close, good enough for bringing frozen stuff home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Have they plans to bring in a points accumulation thing like Super Valu and Dunnes?

Having to actually tap "redeem" on each offer is a pain in the hole.

I activate everything the day they appear whether I think I'll use them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

I activated but forgot to scan. Whelp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

New coupons are up with 9 days on them.

Goodfellas pizza
    Melon
    Chicken
    Olive oil
    Jacobs elite teacakes
    Greek yogurt
    Lyons tea
    Club orange
    Taytos
    Country loaf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

123654789 wrote: »
    New coupons are up with 9 days on them.

Goodfellas pizza
    Melon
    Chicken
    Olive oil
    Jacobs elite teacakes
    Greek yogurt
    Lyons tea
    Club orange
    Taytos
    Country loaf
    Some good stuff there but those Teacakes are always €2 in my local Centra, not sure how good of a deal they are.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What happens if you get multiple of a product? Does the discount only apply to one of them or all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

What happens if you get multiple of a product? Does the discount only apply to one of them or all of them?

It says on the voucher.

Max 1 unit per coupon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

timetogo1 wrote: »
    It says on the voucher.

Max 1 unit per coupon.

Damn. There was me hoping I could stock up on those pizzas. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

Basq wrote: »
    Some good stuff there but those Teacakes are always €2 in my local Centra, not sure how good of a deal they are.

According to the app, they will be 1.19 once you have the voucher activated.

If you click on each voucher, it will give you the in-store price and the Lidl PLus price.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,402 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl told us already
    Kqa2ie9.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Can someone explain how it works, you activate what you want and then what do you do at checkout?

Can someone explain how it works, you activate what you want and then what do you do at checkout?
    You scan the LidlPlus Card on phone at the little scanner at checkout, cashier will assist

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I'll take the Goodfellas but that's a first dud week for me, nothing there really.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I'll take the Goodfellas but that's a first dud week for me, nothing there really.
    Chicken breasts and yoghurt, are going to sell out

Advertisement