Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) - Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭iniall

tusk wrote: »
    Follow this process...

Get the 12 and 6 months from a place like cdkeys or something.
    You can, but the more Gold you stack the more you save. You can stack upto 36 months of subs.

To maximize it buy 30 months of Gold(2 x 12 month, 1 x 6 month), enter one code and turn on auto renew for a free month when prompted. Turn off auto renew and enter the next code, you'll be offered a free month to turn on auto renew again, repeat for 3rd code.

This will give you 33 months of Gold, now turn off auto renew once again and use the 1 month Game Pass Ultimate for €1 offer and once again turn on auto renew when prompted for a free month.

This will leave you with 35 months of GPU for ~€116 instead of costing ~€450.

Will this work for full-price GPU? The €1 sub I got for my son finished this month, so I got 24 months of Live (it wouldn't let me add a third 12-month code - luckily CDKeys refunded me), but don't have any Game Pass sub at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

iniall wrote: »
    Will this work for full-price GPU? The €1 sub I got for my son finished this month, so I got 24 months of Live (it wouldn't let me add a third 12-month code - luckily CDKeys refunded me), but don't have any Game Pass sub at the moment.

It will, you'll just have to pay the full price for 1 month of GPU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

From what I remember it looked like it was only for first time gpu subscribers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The €1 offer is only for new subscribers, but you can just buy 1 month for full price, €12 euro or so, and get the upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Was there no Game Pass offers for Black Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

manual_man wrote: »

Not a bean fella.

Maybe cyber week next week.

Camelcamelcamel says they had 3 months gamepass for 16 quid for a day last year. Might be UK though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭iniall

Yeah the €1 offer doesn't work the second time, but paying €12.99 converted my 24 months of Live to 27 months of Game Pass Ultimate, so I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

This is still an option, added another year onto my sub for €60

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld37378-ea-access-12-month-subscription-p180020/?affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1606650577_6d16a5fb7c67c9d9ca2b0c38e76e0c3d

Converts to 4 months of GPU, €5 a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

maximoose wrote: »

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld37378-ea-access-12-month-subscription-p180020/?affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1606650577_6d16a5fb7c67c9d9ca2b0c38e76e0c3d

How does that work? Buying EA access membership converts to full game pass ultimate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not sure that works any more. I thought that was only before the EA games were introduced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

Crikey, Sniper Elite 4 Digital Deluxe Edition is available for €20 on Microsoft store... It's the full whack which includes all DLCs which is extra Maps Skins and Weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

How does that work? Buying EA access membership converts to full game pass ultimate?

If you already have a GPU sub, a 12 month EA Access code converts into an additional 4 months GPU
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Not sure that works any more. I thought that was only before the EA games were introduced

Worked for me on Nov 20th, games went live on the 10th I think?

Edit: Just checked and still working!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

ignore this post

Faker74 wrote: »
    Red Dead Online (which includes Red Dead Redemption 2) is currently only a fiver.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/red-dead-online/9N3L5FF8M6SW?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I'm sure most have played already, but that is a bargain if anyone hasn't.

It doesn't. They've separated out the game into Story and Online. While it includes RDR2 it is only to run the game. If you buy that you will need the below item for the campaign.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/red-dead-redemption-2-story-mode/9nnpt0nzx54b?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7794_1246483

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

It doesn't. They've separated out the game into Story and Online. While it includes RDR2 it is only to run the game. If you buy that you will need the below item for the campaign.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/red-dead-redemption-2-story-mode/9nnpt0nzx54b?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7794_1246483

Well balls.

I'll remove my original posting in case others are as dumb as me

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Any decent prices for Cyberpunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Smyth's have fiver off if you preorder.

Gamestop had a bundle with a new console offer (40 euro) but with the games delay I was informed thats no longer valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Gamivo have the Argentinian one for €40, use the code AKS-PREORDER to get it down a little more too. I have bought a few Argentinian games from them, you need to use a VPN to activate the code on xbox.com but after that it's no different to any other and you can download it from the Irish store on your console.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

dor83 wrote: »
    Gamivo have the Argentinian one for €40, use the code AKS-PREORDER to get it down a little more too. I have bought a few Argentinian games from them, you need to use a VPN to activate the code on xbox.com but after that it's no different to any other and you can download it from the Irish store on your console.

And how does future DLc work ? is it effected?

And how does future DLc work ? is it effected?

I think it all just works, I bought the US version of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and then got one bit of DLC from the Irish store and had no problem so I'd imagine it's the same. I don't buy a lot of DLC myself so that's the only time I've tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

dor83 wrote: »

Have given it a go. Would it be normal to have you wait until release day to actually be sent the code?

Have given it a go. Would it be normal to have you wait until release day to actually be sent the code?

I've not gotten pre-orders from them before but I did from another site and they said the code would be sent around 24 hours before launch so I think it's normal.

EDIT: You can install the game from the app without paying for it, it'll mean you can just activate the code online and start playing without having to wait for it to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Demios wrote: »
    Smyth's have fiver off if you preorder.

Gamestop had a bundle with a new console offer (40 euro) but with the games delay I was informed thats no longer valid.

Fiver off if you collect in store, otherwise €60 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Any decent prices on game pass? I waited for the 3 months offer but it wouldn't allow me avail of it - I guess it is because I used the 1 month for a euro during the firs lockdown. Thanks

Danick wrote: »
    Any decent prices on game pass? I waited for the 3 months offer but it wouldn't allow me avail of it - I guess it is because I used the 1 month for a euro during the firs lockdown. Thanks

A few different places where you can buy EA Play for €20 for a year, which converts to 4 months GPU. I extended my GPU a bit with this.

Basil3 wrote: »
    A few different places where you can buy EA Play for €20 for a year, which converts to 4 months GPU. I extended my GPU a bit with this.

Thanks but I'm really after Game Pass

Thanks but I'm really after Game Pass

I just told you how to get a cheap deal on Game Pass if you're not eligible for any of the upgrade offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is it still possible to convert Live into GamePass?

Synode wrote: »
    Is it still possible to convert Live into GamePass?

It is, even if you've used the upgrade offer. You need to let your GPU expire to restack it.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    I just told you how to get a cheap deal on Game Pass if you're not eligible for any of the upgrade offers.

Sorry slow on the uptake there - can you let me know where I can avail of that deal - have an xbox one since launch but with three small kids it has been hard to find time to use it but I seem to have more free time these days and I liked Game Pass when I used it during lock down

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Sorry slow on the uptake there - can you let me know where I can avail of that deal - have an xbox one since launch but with three small kids it has been hard to find time to use it but I seem to have more free time these days and I liked Game Pass when I used it during lock down

You can see a detailed description of how to upgrade Live to Game Pass Ultimate here.

You guys are the best! I'm good til the start of May!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

maximoose wrote: »

Have about 9 months left on my gpu, would this be a better option that waiting till then hoping some places still have gold to do the 3 year conversion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Is this still available? I don't see the offer to upgrade for €1 anywhere

unklerosco wrote: »
    Is this still available? I don't see the offer to upgrade for €1 anywhere

Actually, I can see the offer but when I click on it it chsnges to full price... Anyone any idea why?

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote: »
    Actually, I can see the offer but when I click on it it chsnges to full price... Anyone any idea why?

Have you previously used the offer? It can only be used once.

You can still load gold and convert, you will need to pay for a full month of GPU though.

Have you previously used the offer? It can only be used once.

You can still load gold and convert, you will need to pay for a full month of GPU though.

Yep, looks like I've used it already. Worked out if I pay full price for 1 month it applies to my live sub. Sorted till Dec 2023 now... Sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I was going to try and use that offer as I haven't done so before, I loaded 2 years sub onto my account but it won't let me load a 3rd year of gold. My previous subscription to gold had expired, anyone know why I can't load a 3rd subscription? Thanks.

ShaunC wrote: »
    I was going to try and use that offer as I haven't done so before, I loaded 2 years sub onto my account but it won't let me load a 3rd year of gold. My previous subscription to gold had expired, anyone know why I can't load a 3rd subscription? Thanks.

If you leave the auto renew turned on when you load your annual subs I believe it won't let you add a third year.
    I nearly made this mistake as its not that noticible that the box is checked

Yes, you can only load on three years worth of gold, so by leaving the auto renew on, it added an extra two months. If you wait a couple of months, then you'll be able to load on your final code. Of course, that means you won't have game pass ultimate for those two months.

You can also give MS a call, explain that you have another code and would like to load that on. They might be able to help you by removing those two free months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I never had gamepass.. and my gold just expired... so i can buy 3 x 12 monthgold subscriptions from cdkeys.. do 1month of ultimate and have 3 years automatically ???

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I never had gamepass.. and my gold just expired... so i can buy 3 x 12 monthgold subscriptions from cdkeys.. do 1month of ultimate and have 3 years automatically ???

That will probably put you over the 36 month sub limit.

What I usually advise is getting 30 months of Gold and abusing the free month for toggling auto renew to bring it up to 33. Then abusing the auto renew toggle once more when converting to GPU to get 35 months of GPU.

I presume this offer won't last forever so I might just bite the bullet and get the 24 months worth of ultimate instead of waiting 2 months to add another year:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

I have the 3 month offer at the moment for €1. Do I need to wait for this to expire before loading the gold memberships?

Akesh wrote: »
    I have the 3 month offer at the moment for €1. Do I need to wait for this to expire before loading the gold memberships?

If you currently have an active GPU subscription you need to wait for it to expire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War (cross gen) is ‘reduced mm to €59.99 on the Xbox store.

Anyone seen it cheaper anywhere else?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yes, you can only load on three years worth of gold, so by leaving the auto renew on, it added an extra two months. If you wait a couple of months, then you'll be able to load on your final code. Of course, that means you won't have game pass ultimate for those two months.

You can also give MS a call, explain that you have another code and would like to load that on. They might be able to help you by removing those two free months.

I got a 6 month gold and added that to my 24 months, I left auto renew on then upgraded to ultimate (3 months for €1) and now have 36 months of ultimate. Nice:D
    Thanks again CatInaBox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Is this 1-1 conversion from gold to ultimate still available ... ?
    Think I'll go for 2x12 + 6 + toggle auto renew + ultimate.
    I've used ultimate before (all subs expired) - so that'll cost me about 12 quid for the ultimate part (vs 1 euro).

Also, does it matter if I get the 1 month ultimate code from e.g. cdkeys or must I purchase that directly from microsoft ?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Appreciate the heads up folks - Very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Has anybody seen anywhere selling the Modern Warfare for a decent price? It still seems to be a minimum of 60 quid anywhere I've spotted it

• Advertisement
Advertisement