Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic - €6.40 DX.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

embraer170 wrote: »
    I will be testing that shortly.

Let us know how ya got on. What app you using with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

I used the free version of torque. It connects fine and reads some data (distance, speed, consumption, revs, some other stuff). It doesn't recognise or read fault codes. That might be because it's the free version but I am not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

i had one until last week, when my lappy fried and the app was lost, i got the app via yahoo search, as google gave me nothing only paid ones, i will be searching for it again next week, if i come across it i will post, this also runs on a popular german paid app as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

embraer170 wrote: »
    I used the free version of torque. It connects fine and reads some data (distance, speed, consumption, revs, some other stuff). It doesn't recognise or read fault codes. That might be because it's the free version but I am not sure.

Do you have any fault codes to read though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

paddyp wrote: »
    Do you have any fault codes to read though?

I have a service light which I would think it should read?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

There probably isn't an associated fault for it to read with a service light, they basically just count down the number of miles between services and can often be reset without any special equipment. On mine I just hold the odometer reset button with the driver's door opened....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Has anyone had one delivered from China and how long did it take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Blue Crystal

Zascar wrote: »

4 weeks normally but add an extra week for Christmas period

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Zascar wrote: »

The one I got a few months back won't connect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

iPhone or android?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Scortho wrote: »
    iPhone or android?

Android

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.buyincoins.com/item/12181.html €6.56

VAGCOM USB KKL 409.1 Cable For AUDI Volkswagen OBD2 OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner

With USB cable instead of Bluetooth. The bluetooth dongles all have the same password , too easy for someone to connect to your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

This thing arrived this morning. I also treated myself to an early Christmas present of TouchScan with Professional add-on:

http://www.obdsoftware.net/TouchScanInfo.aspx

Testing will commence shortly! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

Got mine delivered last week. Just trying to find the right Windows Phone app for it now. Got OBDAutoDoctor for free but it only gives a couple of basic figures and the full paid version isn't easy to find for some reason! Someone mentioned Dash further back, but it doesn't seem to get great reviews online and I don't wanna waste a fiver on something that might be muck! Any other recommendations appreciated! Annoyingly the socket on my car is in a position that the flap to access it can't be closed once I connect it up!

Got mine and tried it with the iphone, no luck connecting to the device by bluetooth :mad:

Luckily i've cheapo spare android phone and i downlaoded torque to that, seems good but only had a quick mess around with it.

Anybody no any solutions to get the iphone connected to the scanner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

BillJ wrote: »
    Got mine and tried it with the iphone, no luck connecting to the device by bluetooth :mad:

Luckily i've cheapo spare android phone and i downlaoded torque to that, seems good but only had a quick mess around with it.

Anybody no any solutions to get the iphone connected to the scanner?

Needs to be a wifi one for iPhone. Maybe if you jail break it that'd get around it?

Scortho wrote: »
    Needs to be a wifi one for iPhone. Maybe if you jail break it that'd get around it?

Ah too much trouble if thats the case, i'll stick with the android.

I did manage to read a fualt code on my sisters yaris with the paid version of torque, o2 sensor, the app also cleared the light. Should probably fix it first:p

Failed to pick up a warning light on the sisters a3 though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

BillJ wrote: »
    ...Failed to pick up a warning light on the sisters a3 though

You probably already know, but on this side of the world most pre-2001 petrol cars don't support OBD-II. Known exceptions are certain Fords and Mazdas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Are you trying to connect it to the Android Torque App ?
    I mentioned a quick fix for that in post #23 here

Post #23 on this thread

Ie.

If you have trouble getting a consistent bluetooth connection with your Android phone then try this in the Torque App

Go to Settings --> OBD2 Adapter Settings and enable the "Disable ELM327 auto timing" setting.

jimgoose wrote: »
    You probably already know, but on this side of the world most pre-2001 petrol cars don't support OBD-II. Known exceptions are certain Fords and Mazdas.

It's a strange one, the a3 is 2004 but in saying that the local indy was also not able to read the light, He said he need some special equipment.

The yaris it worked on was 1998 so it does work on some older models at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 danny50

Many thanks op nice looking kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

DERICKOO wrote: »

link isnt working :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭tipperary

Anyone else still waiting on theirs? I ordered on 13th Nov but still no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I ordered the end of November and still no sign of it. DX say its shipped, but no tracking number!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I ordered the end of November and still no sign of it. DX say its shipped, but no tracking number!

DX takes ages, even outside of the Christmas rush.

4 - 6 weeks in general.
    I've bought a load of stuff from them in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Still waiting !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Still waiting here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I've always found that part of the 'fun' with DX. I've ordered loads of stuff from them over the years and quite often I've forgotten all about it until it drops on the mat one day like a pleasant surprise, it might take a while but (in my experience) it always arrives. I still use them regularly but if I want something 'now' I buy it somewhere else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Mine arrived over a week ago, ordered 15th November. Havent tried it yet though

Advertisement