Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic - €6.40 DX.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭lau1247

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I ordered the end of November and still no sign of it. DX say its shipped, but no tracking number!

Same here. No tracking number :(

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

lau1247 wrote: »
    Same here. No tracking number :(

Wouldn't worry mine took 4 weeks to come,also with Xmas period expect longer

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

Got mine today. About 4 weeks wait. It works great with Torque on my Note 2. No problems conecting. Good bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

There's one on EBay today for under a tender with free shipping from the UK incase anybody is interested. Worth an extra few quid to have it in a few days instead of a month.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/161148672088?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Thanks for that @DublinStiofan, I've ordered one, I just need to find an Android device to talk to it now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

jimgoose wrote: »
    ...Testing will commence shortly! ;)

Had a play with this this morning at last - works a treat. If anyone is wondering, the Bluetooth pairing PIN in these yokes is 1234. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just ordered 3!

at that price i'm gonna have one in each car and one spare

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I ordered two, one for a mate, but he has an iPhone. Is there any alternative app for iOS for this or is it purely Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Mine arrived today, I'll have to wait until I get some sort of an Android device to test it out at some point....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Zascar wrote: »
    I ordered two, one for a mate, but he has an iPhone. Is there any alternative app for iOS for this or is it purely Android?

iPhone won't connect. It needs to be a wifi device for the iPhone.

• Advertisement

Mine arrived from the Uk this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Got mine today as well. Will need to test it to see what it lets me do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭lau1247

Woohoo, got a call from the folks at home, it arrive yesterday. Can't wait to pick it up to try over the weekend

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

There's an iOS app called Lemur Bluedriver. The App is free but they charge $99 for their version of the Bluetooth dongle part we already have. I tried today to collect to it using the app but with no success.

The app is quite comprehensive so maybe somebody else might have better luck with it. If anybody does let us know. I found the android app terrible when I tried to clear some errors today it didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Blue Crystal

There's an iOS app called Lemur Bluedriver. The App is free but they charge $99 for their version of the Bluetooth dongle part we already have. I tried today to collect to it using the app but with no success.

The app is quite comprehensive so maybe somebody else might have better luck with it. If anybody does let us know. I found the android app terrible when I tried to clear some errors today it didn't work.

You didn't get it from the sane seller as everyone else so your device is probably too blame

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭cena

How accurate is the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Just bought this one on ebay - free delivery to Ireland.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/161148672088?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

EDIT: I notice someone already posted this one up... :)

You didn't get it from the sane seller as everyone else so your device is probably too blame

Doesn't matter what seller I got it from I'm asking can anybody get theirs working with the iOS app?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I got mine this morning. Will give it a go later.

Sooo...... How exactly do I get this working, or what do I do??

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

If you tell us what android app you're using, somebody might tell you what went wrong. I have the Torque pro app and it's working just fine for me, including clearing faults.
    But then again, if the app and the device are working OK, the problem lies elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

whats the best app for the iphone with the wireless scanner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

d31b0y wrote: »
    Just bought this one on ebay - free delivery to Ireland.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/161148672088?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

EDIT: I notice someone already posted this one up... :)

Any difference between this one and the OP other than smaller, and no lights. i.e. has it the same capabilities?

m4r10 wrote: »
    If you tell us what android app you're using, somebody might tell you what went wrong. I have the Torque pro app and it's working just fine for me, including clearing faults.
    But then again, if the app and the device are working OK, the problem lies elsewhere.

Was using Torque. Tried to clear a service light given the car is only a few months old and was serviced at time of purchase but it wouldn't work using
    Torque. It also wouldn't show fault history which I though may be useful at
    Some stage. Was showing engine revs but that's pretty limited in its functionality
    Really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Blue Crystal

Was using Torque. Tried to clear a service light given the car is only a few months old and was serviced at time of purchase but it wouldn't work using
    Some stage. Was showing engine revs but that's pretty limited in its functionality
    Really.

Sounds like you bought a dud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Really.
    Sometimes it depends on the car. Some cars only have basic info via their ODB Port without buying that brand's specific diagnostic software. Other brands are more generous with the default info. I've used Torque Pro on a few different cars without issue.
    Some cars service light needs to be reset via a combination of buttons on the dash, not via the ODB port.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Bought one from eBay and installed torque pro.

I connected it to my E46 2002 320d

It gives live data, but no fault codes. There is definately some fault codes logged (airbag light is on due to bad connection on the drivers tensioner which I need to fix)

Are there additional settings I need to configure for it to read fault codes? The fault codes show up when I connect my OBD Carsoft, so it's something with the app.

If it can't read fault codes, bit of a waste of money for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I have an E46 2002 myself. I hope the problem isn't the bluetooth ODB device that we got off ebay being crummy. Can anyone confirm if the one from ebay works for fault codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

I have a 2003 e46 (built in 2002) and have read codes from it alright, crankshaft and camshaft errors unfortunately! :(

Have also read codes from a yaris. successfully cleared the code.

There is a light on in my sisters a3 and it failed to pick up anything there so maybe it can be hit and miss.

Used torque pro for the above

• Advertisement

Can it clear fault codes?

Advertisement