Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic - €6.40 DX.com

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

jimgoose wrote: »
    That doesn't "speak" OBD-II. That only became mandatory for petrol cars outside the USA in 2001.

Well it has the socket to plug the device in. I will try on my parents car later just to see if it is my car or the OBD scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Well it has the socket to plug the device in. I will try on my parents car later just to see if it is my car or the OBD scanner.

Yes, a lot of them do. That doesn't necessarily mean that there is an OBD-II implementation behind it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Unfortunately just because it fits doesn't mean it'll work, think CDs and DVDs, same size and will fit in the same places, but won't always work. I've tried my 1 in a few different cars with no problems, but they've all been newer than 2004

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Has anyone successfully used this on a Japanese import? Ive connected mine upto my Ford Focus and it will display codes and realtime info. When I connect it to my Subaru it says it is connected to the ecu and says there are no faults but it shows no realtime info. I dont know if that is because it is not suitable for the car or if it is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CurlyEng

I missed the earlier price with coupon discount but with no coupon it is now €7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Is there one that works with iOS yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

would this enable me to turn off ABS warning light on Mondeo 07 - it came on after I parked on a path :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is there one that works with iOS yet?

There are, but not this one. You want the ones with WiFi as opposed to Bluetooth.
    gsp119 wrote: »
    would this enable me to turn off ABS warning light on Mondeo 07 - it came on after I parked on a path :-)

You can reset the light but whether or not it comes back on is another thing. If there's an ACTUAL problem, then the light will come back on. If its a false alarm, you should be grand. I've reset a couple of friends warning lights fine. I've a 06 Focus and it works on mine so a 07 Mondeo should be compatible also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

markc1184 wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully used this on a Japanese import? Ive connected mine upto my Ford Focus and it will display codes and realtime info. When I connect it to my Subaru it says it is connected to the ecu and says there are no faults but it shows no realtime info. I dont know if that is because it is not suitable for the car or if it is something else.

Depends onthe year but you may be lucky with cheapass kkl/vagcom cable and some free software.
    http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/65-parts-accessories-performance/39426-freessm-complete-access-your-ecm-tcu.html

The_B_Man wrote: »
    There are, but not this one. You want the ones with WiFi as opposed to Bluetooth.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 29 April 2014 23:59:28 IST
    Subject: RE: Does your app work with Bluetooth?

Hello,
    The app works with WiFi ELM327 adaptor right away. For Bluetooth ELM327 device, You will need:

iPhone/iPad has restriction on Bluetooth support (Basically iPhone/iPad requires BT data device to have a special Apple authentication chip which 99% of the BT adaptors don't have). In order to use it for standard Bluetooth devices in data mode you need to jailbreak it. There is a tool in Jailbreak store to manage the Bluetooth http://www.roqy-bluetooth.net/wp/?page_id=209.

If you have jailbreak iPhone/iPad and that tool installed, you should be able to use Engine Link with the OBD II Bluetooth device.

We recommend to use WIFI version of adapter, the above steps are not needed for WIFI version.

Please let us know if there are any questions / suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,
    Support Team"

Hmmmm challenge of bargain alerts buying triggers. I bought one not knowing about the android only but this is likely the route I will take to use this with iphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Good shout, if anyone finds a cheap wifi version, do share!

Good shout, if anyone finds a cheap wifi version, do share!

I had a quick search could not find one

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.buyincoins.com/item/36439.html €5.32

log out of buy in coins
    add it to your basket

you can now use DISCOUNTER as the orange Recommender thingy for another 5% off

when you go to pay then you can log in.

Advertisement