Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They always say diet alone is 80/90% of weight loss success. Obviously exercise has a host of other benefits I don’t need to tell you about but the diet will sort that extra padding in no time.

Well done on seeing an improvement already you’re obviously crushing it. It’s not easy my friend so you have my upmost respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Probably the wrong thread for this (poor Rudolph!) but as we're here....

100%. Diet is always the single biggest factor. I literally have cut out the snacking (which had been carried over from Christmas!!... ie far too long) & when forced into eating late after getting home from work have reduced portion sizes & gone for greens & proteins & much much lower amounts of carbs. Getting my walking in over the weekend was a huge benefit too, with all our matches postponed having the whole weekend to ourselves was great, managed 18k in walking and already feel better. Will be upping my activity levels in the kids training sessions too, every little helps!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Every time this chat lights up with unread messages I always have to check the date, thinking, surely it can't be close to Rudolph Day again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭BK5

I love this thread about Rudolph Day, I had never heard of the concept before, how did all of you know about it?

I now drive some people in work nuts telling them about it on the 25th of every month.

Also, my birthday is on the 20th so when the 20th hits of every month I immediately know Rudolph Day is just around the corner and then a new month is just around the corner again. I'm 51 and 2 months old today 😜 (yes I'm very mature for my age)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

That's great to hear. Physical changes like that can do so much for the mind as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Rudolph day everyone!

Number 2 of 11.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone.

Just checked and the next Sunday one is in August.

Have a good day folks!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Rudolf day everyone, completely forgot about it if I’m honest 😢.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Me too. I'll take italy not losing to France as a rudolph day Christmas gift 😆

Seeing as we're almost in to March can see myself easily forgetting about these month on month until we get closer to being 'in season'

The one in March is on a Monday so use it to brighten up an otherwise pain of a day 😄

It's in the middle of a run of short weeks though what with st Patrick's day and Easter so that's not too bad.

So,Rudolph day 3 for 2024 is tomorrow, anyone anything festive planned to mark the day?

• Advertisement

Mince pies are in the freezer and I have custard in the larder so I’m organised.

My one year old went nuts when I was packing away the Christmas decorations and really didn't like it when I was packing away the snow globes so two are left on the kitchen window. I have to put them upside down for her whenever she spots them but tomorrow I'll play the music from them as well.

Just like Santa, I only work hard one day of the year as well 😄

Something similar myself. At least its a short week though, I finish up Thursday and have next week off too. So 10 days off work... First time I've had off since Christmas so looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

So jealous. I only have the bank holiday off. I am off to centre parcs in April so I do have a break from work incoming.

Enjoy the time off Easter always feels special for me for time off.

I am going to bed tonight and not getting up tomorrow until I am good and ready.

Thats my plan for Thursday night... Friday will be an alarm free day.

That was this morning for me. Went to bed shattered last night, woke at 7:40 thinking that was it, I'm awake now. Forced myself to stay in bed and then I literally passed out and went into a deep sleep till 11:20. Must have needed it because I'm still nearly ready for bed right now :)

I can only do it cos no kids in school and OH is working from home so he has to get up anyway and can take care of the dog 😄

3 of 11 for 2024. Have a nice day everyone.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone, a quarter of the way already done.

Happy Rudolph day everyone, hard to believe we’re at the third one already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Happy Rudolph day to all. Just eight months until the decorations make an appearance in our home 🌲

Today is also the day for putting up our Easter Decorations. 🐣 Is this a thing in anyone else's house I wonder?

• Advertisement

Happy Rudolph Day everyone! First quarter of the year coming to a close this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Post edited by mrslancaster on

This coming Thursday, Rudolph day 4 of 11 for 2024. Anyone doing anything to mark it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I've got an NCT planned 😖

I found a lone Christmas Pud at the back of one of my presses during the week. I think I'll save it for Rudolph Day.

ooh, enjoy! Never been, but my Mrs is dying to try it.

My sister has gone the last 3 years in late Nov and her clan love it. She says they have it done up lovely for Christmas by then and the kids can head off and roam. Not cheap but her husband is not a sun holiday type so it suits them.

That's the thing, we've looked at it for a short break for 2 or 3 days a few times & it always looks expensive, have heard some negative comments too which have put me off a little so always keen to hear more feedback as I'm sure we'll end up doing it at some stage.

• Advertisement

4th of 11 for 2024. Have a good one folks.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone. A third of the way there already! 😮

Well Mr. Pud. You survived longer than I thought possible. Now get in my belly!

Happy Rudolph Day everyone.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone. Just polished off a mince pie and custard 😁.

I listened to Greg Lake - I Believe in Father Christmas earlier. Was just me in the house, cup of tea, and I had a quiet moment to think about Christmas. When it was over I didn't listen to any more Christmas songs. I just turned it off and thought to myself jesus I can't wait for Christmas ha.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Had a leftover mini Christmas pudding with cream this evening, and... got paid! That was the main event for me really, even though it's nearly all gone already. 😂

• Advertisement

Once a month money just briefly visits my account to say hello and then its a case of blink and it's gone.

We call that bed and breakfast day in our house 😀.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My wages are just resting in my account. But they are not very well rested, sadly. 😂

Rudolph day no.5 coming up on Saturday folks… next one after that will be the midpoint for the year!

Halfway point in a month, the thread and excitement will start to build up from then on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement