Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

tuxy wrote: »
    Now that Metro is out what's the next big RTX release?

Shadow of the Tomb Raider? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

BloodBath wrote: »
    Is DLSS really sustainable for the future they when they have to run every game made through their ai learning super computer at every resolution.

The process probably takes days to weeks for a single game.

The process will get quicker. None of us has any idea how long it actually takes, but judging by the fact that game was out on the 14, and got patched only 7 days later after big Internet drama, I'd say it doesn't take too long.
    Few days in game dev is literally nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

twinsen wrote: »
    The process will get quicker. None of us has any idea how long it actually takes, but judging by the fact that game was out on the 14, and got patched only 7 days later after big Internet drama, I'd say it doesn't take too long.
    Few days in game dev is literally nothing

You'd wonder what sort of Quality Control they have, a small amount of testing would have shown it looked like a potato and they could have saved lots of drama by pushing it a week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Makes the pricing of the 20 series even more of a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

:pac: yes, but lets see how the 1080ti holds up with RTX ON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Where is fitzgeme gone? He's the only one I know on here with a 2080ti so updates would be nice.
    Too busy playing BF5 and Metro Exodus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Where is fitzgeme gone? He's the only one I know on here with a 2080ti so updates would be nice.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/discussions/0/3362406825550848019/

Seemingly Tomb Raider got RTX today :rolleyes:, might finally pick it up now, had been holding off til the patch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Shlippery wrote: »
    :pac: yes, but lets see how the 1080ti holds up with RTX ON

Zero interest in rtx just like when it first arrived.
    I had interest in DLSS but its far from impressive so far.

Dcully wrote: »
    Zero interest in rtx just like when it first arrived.
    I had interest in DLSS but its far from impressive so far.

Yeah it's not something to get excited about yet. Eventually all cards will be able to process it effortlessly and games will come with it as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Still here, not gaming much at the moment....next game will likely be the new doom. The 2080ti is still going well.

Still here, not gaming much at the moment....next game will likely be the new doom. The 2080ti is still going well.

That's one I'm really looking forward and have avoided watching videos of it. Will it be making use of the tensor cores?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Cordell

.G. wrote: »
    Makes the pricing of the 20 series even more of a joke.

No, it's actually a valid marketing strategy. That is, here, have a look at all this greatness you will get in more than 13 fps if you buy a RTX.

If only rtx brought significant visual improvements worth the money and the performance hit you get when you turn it on. That being said, I'm not sorry for spending 400 on a 2060, it's worth the money considering you get a non-RTX performance upgrade almost to the level of 1070ti or even 1080. But indeed is too expensive for a mainstream card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Well I'm not arsed with how the company saw it when deciding it, the pricing was and still is a joke for consumers.

I'd have bought one if it was sensible but it wasn't so still have my 1080.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Cordell

Scroll down to real gaming performance, they are neck to neck, with 2060 winning some and 1080 winning some others, with an overall +1% for the 1080. So, if buying new, 2060 is a better option, but no reason to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

With only 6gb of VRAM i wouldnt see the 2060 as a good upgrade at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

GTX Raytracing now has driver support.

Also, for the RTX owners, Nvidia finally released more demos for you to play with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got an RTX2080 a while back but I've yet to even attempt using Ray Tracing actually. Should get around to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

The new demo for atomic heart is awesome

• Advertisement

Atomic Heart crashed for me, needed to restart to work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

The new demo for atomic heart is awesome
    Where can you get the demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    After looking at the video I decided to upgrade my 1080 to a 2080 ti. I'm picking up a 2080 ti from a friends mate for 800 sterling with a waterblock :D.
    I'm going to point my missus wrath your way when I buy more hardware :P

deceit wrote: »
    After looking at the video I decided to upgrade my 1080 to a 2080 ti. I'm picking up a 2080 ti from a friends mate for 800 sterling with a waterblock :D.
    I'm going to point my missus wrath your way when I buy more hardware :P

Just send the 1080 my way and we'll call it even :pac:

GTX 1650 has now launched.
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/14255/nvidia-launches-geforce-gtx-1650-budget-turing-for-149-available-today

However, drivers weren't available to press at launch time, so reviews will be a few days late.

sugarman wrote: »
    Was hoping to pick one up for the HTPC as an upgrade to an ancient 750ti if the price was right but £160 is mad money.

Overclockers have 2 models on pre-order for £140; no low-profile models though.

Could also just look out for 2nd-hand GTX 1050/1050 Ti though.
    Just depends on budget/upgrade wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's pretty poor, costs more than RX570 and a lot slower. Should be priced at around £110-120, £140-150 is way too much.

Good option for machines that don't have, or can't have, a six-pin though. Nice improvement on a 1050Ti.

GTX 1650 uses Volta's NVENC encoder instead of Turing's

Wow, Nvidia, that's pretty poor form.

• Advertisement

5 games announed for RTX ray-tracing today.

Minecraft

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Watch Dogs: Legion

SYNCED: Off-Planet

Control

Advertisement