Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options
1203204205206207209»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Cordell

There is no custom duty for PC components.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

There’s no customs duty on the import of PC components I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Meanwhile me who just bought a €250 keyboard from Japan...

😅

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Worth looking at the 7900gre or a standard 4070ti if your spending 700 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

What a beautifully packaged specimen. Won't make it easy to extract the contents

On the 10 year anniversary of building my first PC, thought I would go all out and build something obscene. Will also likely be my last build ever (not because I'm old but because I think streaming will be the future)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

how did you manage to get a FE ? Did it cost over the odds ?

They regularly pop up on the Nvidia website at MRSP (£1590?) and is fulfilled by Scan.uk. I purchased lots of sterling a few years ago when it was really cheap so when converting it cost me about €1800, which is still ridiculous.

I got it delivered directly to my NI located houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,804 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Why pick the 14700 (I think that's what it is?) over say a 7800X3D?

Yes, it's a 14700. I got an AMD laptop a few years ago and had a bad experience with AMD support, so pledged never to buy from them again. I'm sure the 7800x3d would have been a far superior choice but I've made my bed now.

Picked up the 14700 on an Amazon warehouse discount and will try and horse it up to 5Ghz or however far I can stretch it. Do a lot of video/photo editing too which I've heard Intel are better for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Looks interesting! Not sure why you'd have been dealing with AMD for support on a laptop, they don't build or sell laptops.... Or do you mean driver/ software support?

Intel will have an advantage provided your software takes advantage of QuickSync, if not they'll be slower. Worth checking out but AFAIK adobe does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Vary tasty @Markus Antonius!

In the meantime I've ordered my lowly Gigabyte 4070 Super Windforce from amazon.de and it's due for delivery next Monday 😄

I was about to spend the extra ~€38 to get the 'Gaming' variant but the +4% extra tax (+ delivery) was pushing it to ~€720 which is just beyond my budget right now.

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Finally upgraded from my og 2080 to 4070ti (non super) - very very happy with the uplift!

🤤 I wonder is drool bad for GPUs?

Who needs a case when you have the top of your motherboard box?

After repeated BSODs that I found were down to a bad RAM stick, got it all up and running. This thing couldn't care less what you throw at it. I had 8K videos going at 2x speed and the fans couldn't even be bothered spinning up. Ran Cinebench 2024, which got it a little bit interested and fans kicked in. Thankfully the whole thing is completely silent, no coil whine or anything, which was one concern. Have the 14700K clocked up to 6GHz with the motherboards in-built AI overclocking and all is doing good so far. I have 3 good sticks of RAM that I need to pick two of the best, then send the other two back to Amazon.

Cinebench 2024 Scores:

GPU: 33,984

Multi-core CPU: 1844

Single-core CPU: 140

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Cordell

That sweet feeling of an all new PC 🤤

Advertisement