Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

mullinr2 wrote: »
    How much is the juvenile ticket for semi final?

Tickets for the semi final will go on sale this Monday lunchtime – in Centra and SuperValu shops and online.

Stand tickets will cost €50, while Dineen Hill 16 tickets will cost €35. Juvenile stand tickets will cost €5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭threeball

digzy wrote: »
    Wexford will be licking their lips after that performance from tipp who were poor again. No doubt they go in as favourites and rightly so Davy Fits has them playing savage hurling and the team spirit is immense.

Tipp are 3 point favorites!
    Which I’m baffled with. Wheels have really come off the wagon over the last 2 games

Ideal tune up for Tipp. Sheedy can eat them over that performance so expect to see a major bounce back next time. Wexford would have been better if they met tipp today. Tipp were on a no win today. They'd have got no credit for putting 20pts on Laois

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I still tipperary have questions about them since the limerick game, wexford will really put it to them, it won't be easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭threeball

I still tipperary have questions about them since the limerick game, wexford will really put it to them, it won't be easy

Wont be easy but I don't think today's performance has done them any harm. Loads for sheedy to focus in on after today. Wexford are in with a shout but I'd make tipp warm favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

This is a strange comment. It's an All Ireland semi final against the Leinster champions and the only team not to have lost in the championship so far despite playing Kilkenny twice. Why on earth would you feel the need to say "it won't be easy" (for Tipperary)? Of course it won't be easy...………...for either team. Wexford have a good call to be favourites in this game. All the teams Tipperary beat in Munster have been shown up at other stages. They are slicker hurlers than Wexford but the game will be played on Wexford's terms where aggression and intensity will trump all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Powerhouse wrote: »
    This is a strange comment. It's an All Ireland semi final against the Leinster champions and the only team not to have lost in the championship so far despite playing Kilkenny twice. Why on earth would you feel the need to say "it won't be easy" (for Tipperary)? Of course it won't be easy...………...for either team. Wexford have a good call to be favourites in this game. All the teams Tipperary beat in Munster have been shown up at other stages. They are slicker hurlers than Wexford but the game will be played on Wexford's terms where aggression and intensity will trump all.

You're the most pedantic man

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭conor05

threeball wrote: »
    digzy wrote: »
    Wexford will be licking their lips after that performance from tipp who were poor again. No doubt they go in as favourites and rightly so Davy Fits has them playing savage hurling and the team spirit is immense.

Tipp are 3 point favorites!
    Which I’m baffled with. Wheels have really come off the wagon over the last 2 games

Ideal tune up for Tipp. Sheedy can eat them over that performance so expect to see a major bounce back next time. Wexford would have been better if they met tipp today. Tipp were on a no win today. They'd have got no credit for putting 20pts on Laois

And all that is fine, but I still Wexford will beat Tipp. Their lack of pace is evident in every line of the field

puzl wrote: »
    Wex Vs Tipp should be good. If Tipp don't improve from today I'd fancy Wexford to win. Kk Vs limerick is a 50/50 game as far as I'm concerned. Limerick should do it on form but as Cork learned today, KK must always be considered capable of beating anyone on any given day.

You don’t see Kilkenny losing too many semi finals that’s for sure! Very hard bet

It's certainly not pedantry. I just have an aversion to pointless self-contradictory cliché where you are trying to say that Tipperary might lose to Wexford but can't summon the moral courage to go any further than "it won't be easy". Pedantry is a different thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I hate this crap of pundits naming players in plurals,as in the Reids,the Walshes,The Horgans,the Lehanes,The Mahers etc.Derek McGrath at it tonight and Tomas O'Se constantly at it in the football analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Cork have always had lovely hurlers, but their most successful teams always had a few lads with a whiff of sulphur to them. You can't have all Joe deanes, you need a few diarmuid o sullivans and Donal ogs as well.

Tim Crowley Pat Hartnett Diarmuid O'Sullivan to name but a few.But the best Cork teams always had a few hard lads, with a cynical edge to them.There will never be a shortage of skillful hurlers in Cork.But since Kilkenny rumbled the short passing game in 2006.Cork hurling has gone soft, way too soft.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Today's performance from Laois highlights the lack of fairness in relegating Carlow this year. Losing to Tipp with 14 men by that margin was the type of effort Waterford couldn't muster this year. If the authorities saw fit to relegate from Leinster, Waterford should also be playing McDonagh next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭I says

citykat wrote: »
    Today's performance from Laois highlights the lack of fairness in relegating Carlow this year. Losing to Tipp with 14 men by that margin was the type of effort Waterford couldn't muster this year. If the authorities saw fit to relegate from Leinster, Waterford should also be playing McDonagh next year.

The whole point of not relegating a Munster team was they would eat joe Mac cup for breakfast and be in with a serious shout of AI semi final. The whinging would start then if you had a league 1a team getting relegated and winning the joe Mac and AI in the one year.
    Open draw two groups of six champions league style.move provincials to April finish sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I says wrote: »
    The whole point of not relegating a Munster team was they would eat joe Mac cup for breakfast and be in with a serious shout of AI semi final. The whinging would start then if you had a league 1a team getting relegated and winning the joe Mac and AI in the one year.
    Open draw two groups of six champions league style.move provincials to April finish sorted.

Waterford wouldn’t win McDonagh based on their performances this year. They wouldn’t have beaten Laois. Carlow would be a good match for them.

Waterford wouldn’t win McDonagh based on their performances this year. They wouldn’t have beaten Laois. Carlow would be a good match for them.

I wouldn’t agree with you entirely on that point regarding this year all they would have to be capable of would make the the joe Mac final and anything is possible.
    Look at the permutations for relegation you could have the scenario like that which eliminated Galway at the top of the table of Leinster. It could be quite plausible that 3 teams have the same points at the bottom of the table and scoring average relegates a top team like cork or clare( for whatever reason went backwards this year). They get a run through the joe Mac and the fun would start then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Pedantic trumps inane in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Mushy wrote: »
    Sure any tipp fans have that day erased from memory

No we don't,ye keep bringing it up.how many fingers did rice lose.cause at one stage he was going to lose fingers,hand arm and a leg it was so serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭corner back 2

boggerman1 wrote: »
    No we don't,ye keep bringing it up.how many fingers did rice lose.cause at one stage he was going to lose fingers,hand arm and a leg it was so serious.

Never the same player again after Maher shattered his hand. Pure dirt no other name for it.

I hate this crap of pundits naming players in plurals,as in the Reids,the Walshes,The Horgans,the Lehanes,The Mahers etc.Derek McGrath at it tonight and Tomas O'Se constantly at it in the football analysis.

Yes, often preceded by "the likes of" as in the likes of the Corks, the Kilkennys, and the Galways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

pajoguy wrote: »
    Would bill cooper have seen red in the first match if Ritchie Hogan had stayed down instead of getting straight back up after a fairly high challenge....

i was actually amazed at how Hogan got straight back up on his feet after that. that was a huge hit and could easily been a red, it was more a red that the Laois lad in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

I see where you're coming from and I do accept your point. But I would be of the belief that Laois are currently playing at a higher standard than Carlow and would beat them were they to meet, but that obviously can't be proven.

It could also be pointed out that Offaly's relegation this year is an argument to retain the new status quo. And you're right on Waterford, though I wouldn't say relegate them too, I would say a play off is required between the two teams who finish bottom in both groups.

If a Munster team got relegated (and Kerry aren't the team that comes up); three options in descending order of likelines;
    1) proceed with a 4 team Munster championship and a 6 team Leinster championship, if needs be the 4 Munster teams could play each other both home and away meaning the four teams play 6 games, while the 6 teams in Leinster would play 5.
    2) Assuming they won't get relegated, move Galway to Munster if needs be to retain two groups of 5.
    3) Open draw, two groups of 5.

I don't think the provincial championships are going anywhere and I actually feel a big positive step will soon be made by expanding Leinster to 6 teams from 2021, it would be great if they could fast track it for next year but not necessarily fair as such an exception was not made for Offaly last year.

And I think it's good to retain the provincial championships, Leinster was very good this year. It was so tight and competitive that the four teams were ultimately separated by their winning margins over Carlow. I believe the best team in the province is Galway and they were unable to make it out, and that's exactly how it should be, whereby it's so competitive that even the best teams have a difficult time finishing top three.

The Munster championship was very poor by comparison, almost all the games were one sided and in general the winner was beyond doubt after 55 minutes.

And I feel we got a glimpse of that the weekend gone by, Laois, when you consider their relative lack of player pool and resources, put in a very admirable performance against Tipperary, I would have serious reservations over Waterford's current management but their players need to take a cold hard look at themselves given how Laois kept trying, stuck to their process, kept going despite the fact that truth be told they never looked like winning, they refused to let Tipperary hammer them.

Waterford have better players than that, they downed tools against Tipperary and Limerick. And so too did Clare as it happens, which is why it's particularly pathetic to hear cries from some in that county that the reason they didn't qualify was because Limerick "threw" the game in Thurles, Limerick tried much harder against Tipp than Clare did against the same opposition in Ennis. Unlike Clare and Waterford at times in Munster, Laois despite knowing they realistically stood little to no chance of winning, insisted on dying with their boots on.

I believe two weekends time will continue to illustrate that the difference between Leinster and Munster is much tighter than many believe. When Kilkenny put the heat on Cork they weren't able to live with it. Cork probably have more than Kilkenny talent wise, and by and large they were bigger and taller than their Kilkenny counterparts, but they were overpowered by that trademark indomitable Kilkenny spirit. That's the one thing I love most about Kilkenny hurling, even if they're being outplayed and outhurled they will somehow find a way to remain within striking distance. One good example being the first half yesterday.

A Limerick V Tipperary final is still widely regarded as the most likely pairing, but I still feel Leinster isn't getting the credit it deserves, and right now, I can help but lean towards a Wexford v Kilkenny final. Limerick have been hot and cold in the championship, I have a bad feeling they could be caught cold by Kilkenny the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lim4ev

i was actually amazed at how Hogan got straight back up on his feet after that. that was a huge hit and could easily been a red, it was more a red that the Laois lad in my opinion.

Thought it was class by Hogan like all kk players gives it and takes it.

Must admit I thought cork would win but kk???, you just don't beat them easily we( Limerick) will ask different questions of them esp our half forward line to me it seemed every time murphy put the ball down on his hf line the kk boys won it hope that won't be happening the next day. Deep down you just know cody is plotting as i write. Can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Am I the only person thinks RTE's treatement of the "lesser" counties is very poor? Laois only get a match report on the Sunday Game...playing in a quarter final ffs

lim4ev wrote: »
    Thought it was class by Hogan like all kk players gives it and takes it.

Must admit I thought cork would win but kk???, you just don't beat them easily we( Limerick) will ask different questions of them esp our half forward line to me it seemed every time murphy put the ball down on his hf line the kk boys won it hope that won't be happening the next day. Deep down you just know cody is plotting as i write. Can't wait

I do think Limerick will get over the line myself in the semi but it will be some battle. KK are a different breed, I have huge respect for them as a Clare man. Cork just didn't know what to do with themselves in the 2nd half.

Also full credit to Laois, I was at their game last week against Dublin and I was hugley impressed with the way they played the game. They were a much better team than what the scoreline suggested against Dubin too and I was not overly surprised that Tipp didn't have it all their own way against them. For any betting man I felt the 16+ handicap was great value to be had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

I did not see that result coming yesterday
    Kilkenny bossed cork through work rate and tackling
    Cork didnt adapt. Kk forwards clicked for the first time since 2015 I would say. It was vintage kk. The young brown lad was excellent in the middle as was fogarty.
    Interesting semi, limerick got the win last year but only just.

Bambi wrote: »
    Am I the only person thinks RTE's treatement of the "lesser" counties is very poor? Laois only get a match report on the Sunday Game...playing in a quarter final ffs

RTE like the GAA at certain times could not give a hoot about the likes of Laois. Iv said it for years that when the GAA put all its eggs in the Dublin 'hurling basket' 15 years ago or so it was a massive slap in the face to the likes of Laois/Antrim/Westmeath. I am not saying Dublin didn't deserve to have some form of investment to help improve standards within their county, of course they did. But it must have been very harsh for those other counties to accept that Dublin were now receiving 'x' more money than them considering they were all playing at the same level at that time.

There is a great opportunity now for the GAA now to back the momentum that is happening now in Laois. Also the other mid-tier counties will have taken huge encouragement from what Laois has achieved. But alas noting will be down to help these counties and the status quote will have returned within a few years. I really hope I am wrong on this as it would be great to see a few new counties come through again. Bit like what our Clare side did in the 90's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

TJ gets a lot of frees....

Is it because he gets fouled a lot maybe?

I didn't refer to the rulebook, seeing a bigger picture. Sportsmanship always matters.

But if Enid Blyton did hurling commentary...

I'd say Michael Rice could tell you a thing or two about what would sting a lot. Rolling around like a primadonna, not so much.

Laughable behaviour from the hard chaw.

Was at the game yesterday and anyone that was there heard the smack out of it, it was a proper belt that Maher got and he had a mark across his leg a half an hour later. That said mentioning Michael Rice has kind of blown your cover on this one, laughable indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭blackcard

There seems to be a very high conversion rate in penalties in the championship this year. Every team seems to have an expert. Our Eoin Murphy has not come near to saving one so well have they been taken

RTE like the GAA at certain times could not give a hoot about the likes of Laois. Iv said it for years that when the GAA put all its eggs in the Dublin 'hurling basket' 15 years ago or so it was a massive slap in the face to the likes of Laois/Antrim/Westmeath. I am not saying Dublin didn't deserve to have some form of investment to help improve standards within their county, of course they did. But it must have been very harsh for those other counties to accept that Dublin were now receiving 'x' more money than them considering they were all playing at the same level at that time.

There is a great opportunity now for the GAA now to back the momentum that is happening now in Laois. Also the other mid-tier counties will have taken huge encouragement from what Laois has achieved. But alas noting will be down to help these counties and the status quote will have returned within a few years. I really hope I am wrong on this as it would be great to see a few new counties come through again. Bit like what our Clare side did in the 90's.

The money men in charge at HQ right now can’t get away from making money. Big games is what their all about bringing a crowd eg. tipp/cork/limerick in Munster and Galway/Cats/Wexford in Leinster and trying to get Dublin into equation. They can’t see beyond that so they’re not going to dilute that by helping the so called minnows at the moment.
    Case in point regarding money(football) anyone with half a brain would have played mayo/Galway game in Hyde park Roscommon 18000approx but instead went to limerick bigger ground and a so called glamour tie that they thought would get more neutrals into it, crowd was circa 16500.
    The provincials are holding up the helping of the so called lesser counties as I’ve said earlier play provincials in March April and then champions league format for top 10/12 teams two groups of five or six.
    Winners of A play runners up in B and vice versa.
    That’s your semifinals sorted.
    Bottom teams in both groups play a relegation final loser goes down, joe macdonagh winner gets promoted and into the hat for the following year. All levels get competitive then. That’s the only way I see the gaa will fund lesser counties to become more competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭big_drive

Would Pat Horgan have a shot at Hurler of Year despite going out at quarter final stage?

I know it’s nearly always someone on All Ireland winners but he’s been exceptional

blackcard wrote: »
    There seems to be a very high conversion rate in penalties in the championship this year. Every team seems to have an expert. Our Eoin Murphy has not come near to saving one so well have they been taken

Agree completely with you
    It’s taken a couple of years but the takers seem to have got it spot on. Lots missed when rule changed first but the standard of finishing has really gone to another level this year

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

big_drive wrote: »
    Would Pat Horgan have a shot at Hurler of Year despite going out at quarter final stage?

I know it’s nearly always someone on All Ireland winners but he’s been exceptional

He should get it but won't. It will go to team that wins the AI. Nailed on all star though

The distance and power Horgan can get from a short hurley is incredible. Bubbles is the only other player I can think of that can do it like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think that's the way it probably should be... foul a player in the large parallelogram and it's practically a certainty of a goal.

Although we never want to get to a stage where players are playing for a penalty, i.e. like in soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The last hurler of the year not from that year's all-ireland champions was Austin gleeson from Waterford in 2016 when the vote was split between padraic Maher and Seamus callinan (who I thought should have got it TBH). Even then gleeson played in an all-ireland semi final which Horgan won't do this year. So it's highly unlikely Horgan will win hoty (may get a nomination, but I doubt it tbh).

Probable all-star, but may have to be moved around to accommodate him.

RMAOK wrote: »
    The last hurler of the year not from that year's all-ireland champions was Austin gleeson from Waterford in 2016 when the vote was split between padraic Maher and Seamus callinan (who I thought should have got it TBH). Even then gleeson played in an all-ireland semi final which Horgan won't do this year. So it's highly unlikely Horgan will win hoty (may get a nomination, but I doubt it tbh).

Probable all-star, but may have to be moved around to accommodate him.

No probable about it, he is an absolute cert for an All-star after that performance yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I like how you used my post about RTE to get up on your high horse about the jackeens getting all de money agin.

Bambi wrote: »
    I like how you used my post about RTE to get up on your high horse about the jackeens getting all de money agin.

I was not using it to have a go at Dublin and if you read my post I actually stated that Dublin deserved to be invested in also. I was merely making the point that the GAA decided there and then to cut ties with the rest of the teams at that level and focused all the attention on getting Dublin up to the next tier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I was not using it to have a go at Dublin and if you read my post I actually stated that Dublin deserved to be invested in also. I was merely making the point that the GAA decided there and then to cut ties with the rest of the teams at that level and focused all the attention on getting Dublin up to the next tier.

What's your basis for that claim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Rts is utterly dire, to many jokers on the panel and no one really calling a spaid a spaid. It's all jokes and chat about how great hurling is.

Loughnane is badly missed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭blackcard

I think that's the way it probably should be... foul a player in the large parallelogram and it's practically a certainty of a goal.

Although we never want to get to a stage where players are playing for a penalty, i.e. like in soccer.
    In relation to penalties, I have seen at club level where the ball is risen outside the 20 m line but struck inside the 20 m line. Sooner or later, a referee is going to disallow a goal for this. What is the sanction for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

C__MC wrote: »
    I did not see that result coming yesterday
    Kilkenny bossed cork through work rate and tackling
    Cork didnt adapt. Kk forwards clicked for the first time since 2015 I would say. It was vintage kk. The young brown lad was excellent in the middle as was fogarty.
    Interesting semi, limerick got the win last year but only just.

Limerick got a win against a tired kilkenny team, cats will beat them this time setting up a final with Wexford.

The distance and power Horgan can get from a short hurley is incredible. Bubbles is the only other player I can think of that can do it like that

poor auld Bubbles hasn't put much power into anything the last few days! Looks utterly lost centre forward and needs to be back in the corner, himself and John Mcgrath are threading thin ice and both need a big performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

I'm surprised by Liam Sheedy's weak claims that Wexford will be "raging hot favourites" in two weeks time, pretty weak attempt at mind games if that's what he's at, and he'll be disappointed to learn the bookies (amongst many others) strongly disagree with him.

I always felt the game of favourites tag hot potato is utterly pointless, why is he trying to protect his players from the "burden" of the favourites tag? I'd reject any notion that they can't handle it. Most of the current Tipp panel have plenty of experience and titles won, the favourites tag will hardly bother them. It suggests to me he's a little worried but if it is indeed an attempt at mind games it won't work, Wexford won't have to bare the burden of the favourites tag because no matter how much Sheedy wants everyone to believe otherwise Tipp are most definitely favourites the next day, they are not the plucky little underdog whom everyone are writing off.

In any case, the favourites tag counts for absolutely nothing come match day, so I don't see why managers often waste time by insisting the opposition are favourites.

Nic_Col wrote: »
    I'm surprised by Liam Sheedy's weak claims that Wexford will be "raging hot favourites" in two weeks time, pretty weak attempt at mind games if that's what he's at, and he'll be disappointed to learn the bookies (amongst many others) strongly disagree with him.

I always felt the game of favourites tag hot potato is utterly pointless, why is he trying to protect his players from the "burden" of the favourites tag? I'd reject any notion that they can't handle it. Most of the current Tipp panel have plenty of experience and titles won, the favourites tag will hardly bother them. It suggests to me he's a little worried but if it is indeed an attempt at mind games it won't work, Wexford won't have to bare the burden of the favourites tag because no matter how much Sheedy wants everyone to believe otherwise Tipp are most definitely favourites the next day, they are not the plucky little underdog whom everyone are writing off.

In any case, the favourites tag counts for absolutely nothing come match day, so I don't see why managers often waste time by insisting the opposition are favourites.

Well he was accused of being smug before the munster final when he said it was a 50/50 game and there was nothing between the teams, so it looks like he can't win, if somone wants to be offended they will be offended no matter what you say.

FWIW I think you may have missed the reat of his sentence it had nothing to do with the burden of favourtisim etc. it was a rallying call to the Tipp supporters because he knows full well Wexford will bring a massive crowd and Tipp support has been poor the last number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Is it because he gets fouled a lot maybe?
    Was at the game yesterday and anyone that was there heard the smack out of it, it was a proper belt that Maher got and he had a mark across his leg a half an hour later. That said mentioning Michael Rice has kind of blown your cover on this one, laughable indeed!

I mentioned MR for the very obvious contrast with the primadonna antics yesterday of the same individual who made a much wilder stroke which did much more damage. Fact.

It really wasn't that much of a devastating blow, and anybody who has played a real contact sport knows that especially with the adrenaline, you don't even feel those blows in the moment.

He was hamming it up, end of. Maybe he should change his name to Padraic Neymaher.

It was never like that in Hell's Kitchen.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Limerick got a win against a tired kilkenny team, cats will beat them this time setting up a final with Wexford.

We will see. Tipp thought they would take Limerick 2 weeks ago as well. Lads from Tipp coming out from Thurles game saying it was a lucky All Ireland last year.

Limerick getting over Kilkenny was a huge mental hurdle last year. They have improved and gained a lot of experience since then

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

C__MC wrote: »
    Rts is utterly dire, to many jokers on the panel and no one really calling a spaid a spaid. It's all jokes and chat about how great hurling is.

Loughnane is badly missed here.

Where is Ger Loughnane this year?

• Advertisement

Nic_Col wrote: »

For someone who believe that "the favourites tag counts for absolutely nothing come match day" you sure do seem quite exercised by the possibility that Wexford might be landed with it.

Advertisement