Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Grandeeod wrote: »
    If I'm in the mood for a bun burger, I make it big, serve in a floury bab and top with chedder, fried egg and bacon. Leaves with a drizzle of something and chips on the side.

holy burgers batman, that sounds awesome! *drools*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Deja Boo wrote: »
    holy burgers batman, that sounds awesome! *drools*

It is and I nicked the recipe from a Hotel Bar. Delish. Some great Burgers on the Food thread. Always worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭VW 1

Coddle here today, easy one pot dinner and always tasty.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Coddle here today, easy one pot dinner and always tasty.

A gem of a meal. Very rarely make it these days as the girls have no interest in it, but with time on my hands I may do a solo run. However I use Oxtail soup for colour.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭Archeron

A crispy peppered boneless pork chop on a soft roll with curried rice. A burger of sorts.

A gem of a meal. Very rarely make it these days as the girls have no interest in it, but with time on my hands I may do a solo run. However I use Oxtail soup for colour.:o

It's a bone of contention in our family, granny makes it white, grandad makes it brown. Many an argument had over it :D my granny was the one who taught me so my house has it white :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Sherry Baby

Some rice concoction thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Graces7 wrote: »
    Guess what! Yep chicken soup. Is all I can eat . Ah well! also all but ran out of chocolate so no help there.

I was wondering how you were getting on Graces7 so I did a search and I see you haven't posted in a month.

Is there any chance you can get your hands on some grow bags and salad seeds? It's the perfect season for it. Factory made chicken soup on it's own isn't good and good nutrition is what's needed now... Root veg, salads, fish, proper food from the earth and the sea. You should be able to get tomatoes and cucumber where you are too.

If you want to PM me I'll try and get seeds for you and post them up to you. With a small bit of olive oil and vinegar you'll be eating stuff that will make you healthier, happier and more energetic. I'm doing it for an elderly neighbour that had falsely self diagnosed herself to live on certain processed foods and is loving the home grown stuff.

Edit... you can leave the postmasters address and a pseudonym if you're (understandably) uncomfortable with giving me your name and address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Slow roasted diced shoulder of venison with roasted potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, red wine and mixed herbs.

Not gonna lie lads it was a bit tough for my liking to be honest, I was starving so it was no big deal and the others were either too hungry or mannerly to complain.

Already thinking about how to make amends with tomorrows offering, probably gonna do my KFC impression with the chips, cheese and curry.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Lamb burgers here with broche buns and chips from the airfryer.

I personally skipped dinner last night due to some bad news.

Tonight we all had lovely southern fried style breaded chicken breasts. A nice flavour from them. (a local butcher) Served up with mash, chicken gravy and corn on the cob. I have one left over for lunch tomorrow. Gonna cook it, slice it and serve it on two slices of bread with butter and mayo.

A beer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pasta and pesto , quick , simple but good .

Tonight we all had lovely southern fried style breaded chicken breasts. A nice flavour from them. (a local butcher) Served up with mash, chicken gravy and corn on the cob. I have one left over for lunch tomorrow. Gonna cook it, slice it and serve it on two slices of bread with butter and mayo.

A beer now.

Hope all is good now Grandeed, enjoy that beer man.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Roast lamb, garden peas and mash potatoes :) No complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Bacon cheeseburger baby

burger.jpg

Didnt even bother making chips, the burger alone stuffed me

• Advertisement

Awesome, I'd smash that.

Awesome, I'd smash that.

Jaysus, me too!

I’m looking for ideas for dinner tomorrow, I’m nearly sick of everything at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

A beer now.

Hope the bad news wasn't too bad Grandeed. Sounds like good comfort food AND supporting the local butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Coffee, chocolate hobnobs & very nice company :)

• Advertisement

Very busy with work outside today so the wife took the reins in the kitchen, had battered cod from the oven with chips peas and gravy.

Afterwards had some sherry trifle which I haven't had since my own mother made it for us when we were all kids many, many years ago.

I got a bottle of Poitín for one of my brother in law's some time ago but haven't been able to give it to him so thought I'd try a drop of it this evening.

Holy moley, I tried a sip neat and I mean I just literally wet my lips and I could feel the vapours going down my throat and out my nostrils.

I have mixed a pub measure drop with 3 x times tonic water and some crushed ice and a squeeze of lime and it's very palatable. One more now after this and I will be comatose for the night I'd say.

Stay safe guys and tóg go bog é.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Locking my lips after some Tuscan bean stew, sourdough and a gorgeous glass of white wine. I'd the beans soaking for a few days so it was time to get them on the pot.
    We'll knock a few more days out of it too.

Going to be chipper here this evening as a night off for me cooking is overdue.

Really in the mood for a spicy southern fried chicken box. Couple of afternoon beers to deal with the heat and build the appetite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Autosport wrote: »
    I’m looking for ideas for dinner tomorrow, I’m nearly sick of everything at this stage.
    Ever made pulled pork? It's not just for dinner, the leftovers are great in sandwiches or with tortillas etc. Get a chunk of cheap pork such as shoulder (on or off the bone) as big as your largest oven-safe pot can take. In the morning, add some canned tomatoes, loads of spices, and water, then in the oven on low for 6 hours or preferably more. Once the pork has fallen apart, you mix it all together with the remaining sauce and allow to sit for an hour so that it all gets nice and moist, then serve. There are various recipes online, but some are more complicated than they need to be.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Chicken , peppers,onion,sweetcorn, all chopped up and mixed with a little bit of cheese, into a wrap, folded up and into the oven until crispy , delicious.

Dirty big sloppy cheese burgers and chunky fries. Supervalu gourmet burgers were used along with their oven bake chunky chips, but in the airfryer.

Beef out of the freezer for tomorrows classic.

A beer.

Did the KFC imitation today for the troops, drumsticks, thighs and a brucey bonus of nuggets made with diced breasts. Served with the obligatory real chips, cheese and curry.

Takes a bit of time as you have to deep fry small batches of the chicken at a time then keep it hot in the oven until everything is ready, in a cunning move I asked the wife to help me prepare the chips and once she was in the kitchen I got her to sample a nugget and a cold glass of beer.

A cheeky bit of unplanned us time, away from the young lad and the mother in law to just chat and really chill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Salmon, baby potatoes and spinach and white wine to drink. I'm a bottomless pit this evening, I'm still bloody starving :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Pork gyosas ,
    My girlfriend bought the stuff ... And left me to make them ,a bit fiddly making the pastry and then filling the ,but lovely ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

I have mixed a pub measure drop with 3 x times tonic water and some crushed ice and a squeeze of lime and it's very palatable. One more now after this and I will be comatose for the night I'd say.

Stay safe guys and tóg go bog é.

You're just a few mint leaves and a teaspoon of sugar short of a poitin mojito there RG. Its one of my favourite make at home cocktails in the summer, theres something about mint and lime juice that just smacks of summertime drinking in the long evenings
    Did the KFC imitation today for the troops, drumsticks, thighs and a brucey bonus of nuggets made with diced breasts. Served with the obligatory real chips, cheese and curry.

I love imitation KFCs, havent made one in a while now but must revisit the recipe. Its a bit of effort with the many herbs and spices and all the deep frying but when you get it right that crunch from the first bite is absolutely divine.

Anyway I got the pizza oven out of storage and fired it up again and just had pizza for the second night in a row. Topped with serrano ham and chorizo, Im stuffed now but theres still space for a couple of beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Apple tart and a cup of coffee

Maltesers :)

Thanks for the receipt above :)

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You're just a few mint leaves and a teaspoon of sugar short of a poitin mojito there RG. Its one of my favourite make at home cocktails in the summer, theres something about mint and lime juice that just smacks of summertime drinking in the long evenings

I love imitation KFCs, havent made one in a while now but must revisit the recipe. Its a bit of effort with the many herbs and spices and all the deep frying but when you get it right that crunch from the first bite is absolutely divine.

Anyway I got the pizza oven out of storage and fired it up again and just had pizza for the second night in a row. Topped with serrano ham and chorizo, Im stuffed now but theres still space for a couple of beers.

No word of a lie Muahahaha I was only looking at my mint and parsley yesterday and it crossed my mind about adding some of the mint to an alcohol drink instead of just making tea or mint sauce with it.

Thanks for the tip, I've never had a mojito but I'll go the full hog tonight and make a poitÍn mojito. I better order another bottle of holy water for the brother in law.

Oh and here's the recipe I followed for the KFC, I used 1 cup of flour (150 grammes) and then half the amount of everything else (except didn't have MSG) and it's more than enough mix to make a couple of meals. It is unreal to the world, the mother in law is 80 and a very plain eater and she even loves it.

Can't vouch for this as it was only printed this morning but will give it a go tomorrow evening as I have some wings and diced breast I want to use up...

In savage mode today.:eek:

Breakie at 8am - Potato Waffles with melted cheese on top. Slice of toast and OJ to go with that.

Had a spare burger so had that topped with cheese, tomato and rocket in the oul Bundy for lunch.

Dinner was a roast. Eye of the round beef, mash, roasties, carrots, peas, roasted parsnip and a jug of gravy.

Still hangin out in the same Bar & Grill suppin' a beer with Mrs G. on a Spanish vino.:D

Same dinner here Grandeeod without the parsnip, had a big mixed grill this morning with two fried eggs, mushrooms, toast and coffee. Set me up for a good days work outside.

Took Muhahaha's advice and just made a holy water mojito and I tell ya now between the sugar, lime and especially the mint it would pass for an alcohol free drink, very, very refreshing.

Still only gonna sip it though and have one more at the most, order gone in for another bottle and it will be supplied to brother in law with a few mint plants and instructions.

Sláinte, Muhahaha.

Same dinner here Grandeeod without the parsnip, had a big mixed grill this morning with two fried eggs, mushrooms, toast and coffee. Set me up for a good days work outside.

Took Muhahaha's advice and just made a holy water mojito and I tell ya now between the sugar, lime and especially the mint it would pass for an alcohol free drink, very, very refreshing.

Still only gonna sip it though and have one more at the most, order gone in for another bottle and it will be supplied to brother in law with a few mint plants and instructions.

Sláinte, Muhahaha.

Wonky eyed here from tiredness and beers. Gave up the devils juice years ago. :D Even gave up Whiskey! Used to love a Jemmie and red.

Just had a Wispa.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Chocolate here too (great minds think alike!)

• Advertisement

Woke up on the couch about half an hour ago, barely got halfway through the first mojito and remember nothing else.

On the sparkling water now with ice.

Woke up on the couch about half an hour ago, barely got halfway through the first mojito and remember nothing else.

On the sparkling water now with ice.

That genuinely made me lol :D

Packet of crisps here.

Used up the remainder of the flour and spice mix this evening for another lash of the KFC and had a go off the gravy too.

As is the chefs prerogative I dipped one of the nuggets in the gravy to sample it and decided it needed some salt which wasn't on the list of ingredients but made a big difference. If anyone is missing or would like to try a KFC I really cant recommend the two recipes enough, a proper junk food treat.

Cold pint of Guinness now, maybe a mojito again at the weekend.

Banged off Chicken Goujons with chips for the girls. Easy street as I'm a little pissed off cooking at the moment. But if they liked steak, then they could have what I've made for myself tonight.

Sirloin steak, mash, peas and gravy. They don't know what they are missing.:D

Dinners up to Friday are organised thank feck.:D

Pizza and garlic bread tonight :)

Sláinte, Muhahaha.

lol be careful with those mojitoes RG, they can be quite addictive. If you really want to boost the flavour in them bash the crap out of the mint leaves and sugar in a pestle and mortar and then add it into the glass below the ice. I also squeeze every last drop out of a wedge of lime and then in goes the wedge too. By the end of the evening it wouldnt be uncommon to have 6 or even 8 wedges of lime crushed at the bottom of the glass :D

Anyway satay chicken with spring onions and cashew nuts here tonight.

cashew.jpg

• Advertisement

I did my research and followed those instructions Muhahaha except I didn't add the wedge of lime when I finished squeezing it as it was only ready for the recycling bin by then.

I have to say it was a fabulous combination of flavors and between them they nullified the harshness of the usice beatha, it was but a masking exercise I think though and the strength of the alcohol hit my tired system harder than freight train.

I'll give it another bash at the weekend because it was actually very nice and I have an awful lot of mint to spare, I just need to adjust the amount of holy water involved even though to the best of my memory and judging by what's left in the bottle I didn't use much more than a pub measure.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and stay safe.

Started early and made Lasagne. Had a real longing for it. Hard to get a decent one in the shops and can't get to the shop that make their own. So I got down to it myself.

Served it up with mixed leaves/red pepper/balsamic dressing. Coleslaw and Chips.

Laggy.jpg

Started early and made Lasagne. Had a real longing for it. Hard to get a decent one in the shops and can't get to the shop that make their own. So I got down to it myself.

Served it up with mixed leaves/red pepper/balsamic dressing. Coleslaw and Chips.

Laggy.jpg

Heh heh, just finishing off a lasagne myself Grandeeod!

Wife asked me this morning what would I like for dinner and I said Jays we haven't a lasagne for ages.

It is some comfort food in all fairness, having it with some crunchy garlic bread and a pint of Guinness. Plate looks so messy now I'd probably get a warning if I posted a picture.

Heh heh, just finishing off a lasagne myself Grandeeod!

Wife asked me this morning what would I like for dinner and I said Jays we haven't a lasagne for ages.

It is some comfort food in all fairness, having it with some crunchy garlic bread and a pint of Guinness. Plate looks so messy now I'd probably get a warning if I posted a picture.

It's massive stuff RG. I had some baguette slices on the side just to mop up the residue.:D Like Cottage pie its a one for all meal in this house now. If I can get Ms G. into Curry, I'm sorted.:D

A Heineken. Rude not to have one with you..;)

It's massive stuff RG. I had some baguette slices on the side just to mop up the residue.:D Like Cottage pie its a one for all meal in this house now. If I can get Ms G. into Curry, I'm sorted.:D

A Heineken. Rude not to have one with you..;)

Cheers Grandeeod, good health...

• Advertisement
Advertisement