Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric hair trimmer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

just used Argos.

Checked out, charged my bank account. And got a strange email saying

Danny
    Just to say, your delivery is all booked

We'll deliver it to your address.

The following item(s) were not purchased
    Philips HC5632/13 Hair Clipper 921/7461 Out of stock

So I just spent 60 quid and not sure if I bought anything.

No one answers the phone.

Avoid Argos. Website is a clusterfeck

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Max H

ordered mine from Babyliss UK last Thursday. Arrived via DPD today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

just used Argos.

Checked out, charged my bank account. And got a strange email saying

Danny
    Just to say, your delivery is all booked

We'll deliver it to your address.

The following item(s) were not purchased
    Philips HC5632/13 Hair Clipper 921/7461 Out of stock

So I just spent 60 quid and not sure if I bought anything.

No one answers the phone.

Avoid Argos. Website is a clusterfeck

On the items it usually says not available for home delivery or store collection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is there update on your Babyliss account? I have ordered Super Clipper also from Babyliss UK on Sunday and it says "being processed"
    Max H wrote: »
    ordered mine from Babyliss UK last Thursday. Arrived via DPD today.

Where can ye buy scissors and combs
    in Ireland these days?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

in Ireland these days?

Given the lockdown, probably only a larger supermarket now or maybe Dealz.

Ordered a set of clippers from powercity on Saturday, due for delivery tomorrow.

Amazon still have some but not the cheaper ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

in Ireland these days?

I got scissors off eBay. Guy was based in Dublin so received next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I ordered a Wahl hair clipper direct from the Wahl UK website last night. Although their website states that it may take up to 14 days for it to be shipped, I got a dispatch email this afternoon so happy days.

Wahl only ship to the UK so mine is coming via Parcel Motel.

I got scissors off eBay. Guy was based in Dublin so received next day.

Any chance of a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Just got a slightly different model to that one (though still super clipper) for €72.50 on Oxendales. Delivery in about a week. Should still be in lockdown long enough after I go at my hair for it to recover again if I make a balls of it :)

Checked status today and it had been cancelled for me. Rang and the customer service person had no idea why.

So, 6 days later it's out of stock but will be back in stock on Amazon in 6 days.

F*** sake

Checked status today and it had been cancelled for me. Rang and the customer service person had no idea why.

So, 6 days later it's out of stock but will be back in stock on Amazon in 6 days.

F*** sake

Terrisales have clippers.

Wahl UKs site is taking orders, you'll need to use parcel motel for delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Wahl UKs site is taking orders, you'll need to use parcel motel for delivery to Ireland.

They're all sold out on the site from what I can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Ordered from power city on Monday delivered today.

• Advertisement

Gosh,
    I ordered similar model from UK Babyliss and expected delivery is today. Unfortunately they are out of stock today, I just checked it. Perhaps try Harvey Norman, I saw ad on my Facebook this morning.

F*** sake

moonshadow wrote: »
    Ordered from power city on Monday delivered today.

I looked on power city and they only have trimmers.

Power City must have sold out.

These still seem to be in stock.

https://www.wahl.co.uk/product/vari-clip-corded-hair-clipper/

Power City must have sold out.

These still seem to be in stock.

https://www.wahl.co.uk/product/vari-clip-corded-hair-clipper/

Unfortunately they all say they're in stock until you go to your basket and it says out of stock then

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Harvey Norman have some in stock online, with free delivery if over 50e

There are two clippers on it
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/?search_performed=Y&dispatch=products.search&q=hair%20clippers%20for%20men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Mr.S wrote: »
    Harvey Norman have some in stock online, with free delivery if over 50e

Thanks,i just bought this looks decent for €45 with delivery

https://www.harveynorman.ie/small-appliances/grooming/shavers-and-trimmers-en/clippers-trimmers/remington-stylist-hair-clipper-hc366.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Homesavers Limerick near B&Q have Braun 6 in 1 MGK3020 €24 I think. They had plenty in stock this morning.

They also had a babybliss one for €12 looked more like beard trimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Power City have some online now. They seem to have restocked about 4 to 5
    Of them. Placed a order and got a call from a lady to say Fastway will deliver it over the next few days .

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Power City have some online now. They seem to have restocked about 4 to 5
    Of them. Placed a order and got a call from a lady to say Fastway will deliver it over the next few days .

Excellent, just got one for 19.99 on the site. Thanks every much, well needed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

My hair is too thick for some consumer clippers to cut.

I had a Wahl one that last 20 years with monthly use. I think they no longer sell that one though. "Don't make them like they used to."

I have a cordless Remington one with a vacuum on it. The battery failed after a year but it works fine with the cable attached. It is awkward because the cable is short and only intended for charging. The vacuum works fairly well. It collects about 90% of the hair as you cut it, so long as you don't let it fill up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

I had a Wahl one that last 20 years with monthly use. I think they no longer sell that one though. "Don't make them like they used to."

I have a cordless Remington one with a vacuum on it. The battery failed after a year but it works fine with the cable attached. It is awkward because the cable is short and only intended for charging. The vacuum works fairly well. It collects about 90% of the hair as you cut it, so long as you don't let it fill up.

I've had cordless trimmers for years and just go out and stand in the yard to cut my beard :D

Try the Babyliss Super clipper XTP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

piplip87 wrote: »

the thing about Pigsback, they sell masks and hand sanitiser, but you dont know if the vendor actually has it in stock

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

bush wrote: »
    https://www.babyliss.co.uk/super-clipper-xtp-hair-clipper-7475DU.html

Seems like a decent price for this one. 100 euro on argos

I got this for £60 but I see it is out of stock now.

From tomorrow Lidl have a cordless hair and beard trimmer for €14.99.

Expect demand to be high.

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    I got this for £60 but I see it is out of stock now.

From tomorrow Lidl have a cordless hair and beard trimmer for €14.99.

Expect demand to be high.

I had one to be brutal its totally rubbish when compared to a decent trimmer.

It would cut my beard but where my new Whal copy (see previous posts) does the job in one pass the Lidl one took about ten.

Also the battery virtually gave out after a couple of months it does however work when plugged into the charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

For that price it would want to be - no stores open though and not available for home delivery.

For that price it would want to be - no stores open though and not available for home delivery.

Argos seem to be on Ebay so if you have parcel motel you might get it delivered

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/27028932335

Terrisales have stock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Argos seem to be on Ebay so if you have parcel motel you might get it delivered

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/27028932335

Tried using Parcel Motel on the Argos UK website and they wouldn't deliver to it.

If this crisis has highlighted the stronger food stronger food security we have over the UK, it is also evident that we are heavily reliant on UK based companies for electrical goods.

I ordered same model from Babyliss and expected to arrive tomorrow. I hope it will do the magic tomorrow :D

I ordered same model from Babyliss and expected to arrive tomorrow. I hope it will do the magic tomorrow :D

Hasnt skipped a beat in the past year of ownership.

I also have a Phillips OneBlade Pro to complement my grooming needs.

• Advertisement

Lads, the lidl clippers gone sale on Monday - not tomorrow.

Gouging at its finest. I paid nearly £28 and I know the price had been a bit less a week earlier now I notice that one seller has stock and wants £58. A new seller in China :rolleyes: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B07MJFRF1N/&condition=all

Did your clippers arrive?

My Wahl clipper arrived yesterday at my local Parcel Motel. Pretty quick delivery from the UK considering I ordered it on the 7th.

I feel like a new man today with the hair cut :) :cool:
    I ordered a Wahl hair clipper direct from the Wahl UK website last night. Although their website states that it may take up to 14 days for it to be shipped, I got a dispatch email this afternoon so happy days.

Wahl only ship to the UK so mine is coming via Parcel Motel.

Not yet. Its in local DPD depot. They said they are running behind due to COVID-19.

What about you?
    Did your clippers arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

My Wahl clipper arrived yesterday at my local Parcel Motel. Pretty quick delivery from the UK considering I ordered it on the 7th.

I feel like a new man today with the hair cut :) :cool:

Which one did you get? Happy enough so?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Dprotips

I'm looking at Philips Series 3000 7-in-1 Multi Grooming Kit on amazon , need to do something with hair thinking play it safe, 3 all over .

Not yet. Its in local DPD depot. They said they are running behind due to COVID-19.

What about you?

I’ve had mine a year.

Paid €40.95 to Power City (including €6 delivery) for the Remington HC366 Stylist 25 Piece Hair Clipper Set. They sent it out Tuesday, arrived yesterday and I just got a great haircut with it this evening. Very happy with it, and Powercity's service (they phoned me after my online purchase to confirm delivery schedule).

Amazon was annoying in terms of the 'unavailable' next to almost every product (beard trimmers are not really recommended for full hair cuts, where hair clippers are better). A website called lookfantastic.com said they had the Wahl I had initially sought, but two days later said they hadn't so that was a waste of time. Ebay is a joke with the prices so many are charging. Serious gouging.

Two things if you get this clippers: 1) It must be charged for 14-16 hours before first use, and 2) if you've thick hair, a hair thinner/lightener (? the chunky scissors a barber uses) would be a useful purchase.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Which one did you get? Happy enough so?

Yeah, very happy.

I got the Wahl Fade Pro Perfect Fade Hair Clipper
    https://www.wahl.co.uk/product/fade-pro-perfect-fade-hair-clipper/

It's not the cheapest; it worked out at €53 plus Parcel Motel fee, but I wanted a decent clippers.

Are you able to fade with this machine?
    I’ve had mine a year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement