Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Are they refunding for anything not included in your order?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ordered on March 3rd to home address and haven't had a dispatch e-mail yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

bailey99 wrote: »
    I got email to say that the order was dispatched to an Irish address. I ordered match 3rd. Three items were removed but I wasn't too bother about them anyway. Can't wait for this lot to arrive.

Presumably they're going by order number.
    I also ordered on 3rd and haven't got a dispatch email. My order number is 252442**. Was you order number earlier than that? (I redacted the last 2 numbers)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Fecj - ordered on the 4th march and am 10,000 after that irder number belis!
    Pique wrote: »
    I also ordered on 3rd and haven't got a dispatch email. My order number is 252442**. Was you order number earlier than that? (I redacted the last 2 numbers)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

Mine is #252512**.... Got the generic email apologising for delay in delivering about 2 weeks ago but no dispatch email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Girl_harbour

I'm order no 252448** and still no dispatch email for me either

Might get them in time for Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

podge018 wrote: »
      Are they refunding for anything not included in your order?

I don't know. 8 euro and 4 cents I'm entitled to anyway if it turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

My order number was 252465** I have redacted the last two digits same as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

bailey99 wrote: »
      My order number was 252465** I have redacted the last two digits same as yourself.

Queue jumper!

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

252417xx

Nothing yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭gipi

Mine is 252430** nothing heard as of yet (order placed Mar 3rd like many more)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Mine's 252423** and not a peep out of them :D

3rd March also

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Ordered just before St Patrick's day, arrived via Parcel motel on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 auris12

Mine's 252408××. Ordered on 2nd March...no word from them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Got 2 dispatch emails for my order which I placed at the start of March. Can’t even remember what I ordered so I’m looking forward to the surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

LizT wrote: »
      Got 2 dispatch emails for my order which I placed at the start of March. Can’t even remember what I ordered so I’m looking forward to the surprise!

Had you contacted them at all by phone or email?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I just filed a PayPal claim. The order of shipping seems to be all over, and while I appreciate it's a going out of business sale, and there's a pandemic, I can always just cancel the claim if they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

BKWDR wrote: »
      Had you contacted them at all by phone or email?

No not at all. It seems like they’re getting through all the orders so it’s just a case of being patient I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Mine arrived today so took a week from dispatch. They substituted two items but only a few euros worth and not a big deal. I got over 180 books for €99, well worth the wait

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

My order number is 252430** ordered 3rd March and still not received anything, but I’m sure it will arrive eventually ! They obviously aren’t going in numerical order dispatching orders going by everyone’s order numbers posted here .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

00151818xx
      Order number:
      252441xx
      Order placed on:
      Tuesday, 3 March 2020

Just got an email this morning. 9 of 10 books dispatched. Credit due for unavailable book.

Keep the faith guys, no parcel motel - just an ROI address.
      ðŸ‘

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

dball wrote: »

Just got an email this morning. 9 of 10 books dispatched. Credit due for unavailable book.‘

What was the email address they sent from?
      I've emailed 'contact_centre@thebookpeople.co.uk' twice to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Concerned Irishman

I received notification today that my order 25262XXX ordered on 04-Mar-20 has been dispatched.

I received notification today that my order 25262XXX ordered on 04-Mar-20 has been dispatched.

Clearly they're not going by order date or order number.... They seem to be all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

R11 wrote: »
      Clearly they're not going by order date or order number.... They seem to be all over the place.

Amazon don't go by order number either :):)

If you were seling a single item or a small selection of items, you could go by order number, but when you have a vast array of product then availability of product in the picking area would dictate picking especially when thousands of orders have come in a short space of time

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I placed a small order (3 items) on 3rd March for delivery to my office address. Obviously once everything closed including my office, I contacted them via their Contact Us form to change it to my home address and got the generic emailed response. I received an email on Friday to say it had been dispatched and they are using my home address so I guess they are reading all emails even if there is no response/acknowledgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

yippee - shipped confirmation

252720xx 5th March

Only one item out of stock out of about 30. (Home grown harvest)

TrackPak Tracking leads onto Fastway.

And I have a godchild's birthday next Monday who loves books - just might get it bang on time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Got an dispatch email earlier on for an Irish address, ordered on the 4th of March of one big book set. 252559**

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

dball wrote: »
      00151818xx
      Order number:
      252441xx
      Order placed on:
      Tuesday, 3 March 2020

Just got an email this morning. 9 of 10 books dispatched. Credit due for unavailable book.

Keep the faith guys, no parcel motel - just an ROI address.
      ðŸ‘

just clicked on my tracking number in the email and its departed May 5th,
      email was only sent today
      Shipment History
      Date/Time Activity Event Code Location
      5th May 2020 11:54:52 DEPARTED BOOK PEOPLE 21X

Advertisement