Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

Got an e-mail today to say my order (of 3 March) was dispatched today. Yay! Ordered a couple of diet cookbooks - who knew how badly I would need them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    Got an e-mail today to say my order (of 3 March) was dispatched today. Yay! Ordered a couple of diet cookbooks - who knew how badly I would need them :D

Did you use your own address or parcel motel /parcel wizard /address pal?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

R11 wrote: »
    Did you use your own address or parcel motel /parcel wizard /address pal?

Parcel Motel

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    Parcel Motel

Looks like those of us who ordered to home address are being left to the end..... If we get them at all.

According to my online banking I ordered on March 9th.
    Haven't heard a thing since. Irish address :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

I ordered on the 3rd March and one box was at my local post office last Wednesday using AddressPal. One box mysteriously arrived in Portlaoise but in fairness to An Post they sent it on to my local PO. Picked both boxes up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Ordered 3rd March. To Irish address. Nothing received so far.

What's the story is it never turns up?! Do we get payment back or is it gone? I order about 150 euro worth of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

bailey99 wrote: »
    Ordered 3rd March. To Irish address. Nothing received so far.

What's the story is it never turns up?! Do we get payment back or is it gone? I order about 150 euro worth of stuff.

If you dont do charge back money are gone i presume. Btw you only have 45 days from purchase date to do it so I wouldn't wait for it too long.

devil-80 wrote: »
    If you dont do charge back money are gone i presume. Btw you only have 45 days from purchase date to do it so I wouldn't wait for it too long.

Isn't it 120 days or has that changed recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Isn't it 120 days or has that changed recently?

I don't see any issue here as its the administrators we have all being buying from rather than a company that has debts. If its the same or similar rules to here, then purchasing from the administrators is protected. I would simply say they are swamped and social distancing makes that even more difficult.

But on chargeback, its 120 days from the date you expected the service/product with a maximum 540 days from the transaction. So if you bought a experience ticket last April (2019) for June 2020 and the company closed in June, you would still have until Sept to do a chargeback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Anyone get an update on theirs, nothing for me yet , think I ordered on the 3rd

Hococop wrote: »
    Anyone get an update on theirs, nothing for me yet , think I ordered on the 3rd

Nothing. Ordered 7 weeks ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭in2dark

Nothing. Ordered 7 weeks ago....

Ordered on 4th and NADA

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Capet

Hi. I ordered on march 2nd. Delivery to Irish address. Just got email now to say order has been dispatched! Phew

Capet wrote: »
    Hi. I ordered on march 2nd. Delivery to Irish address. Just got email now to say order has been dispatched! Phew

Good to hear. Hopefully we'll get dispatch email this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

When i see the email ill believe so far nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I ordered the 3rd March to an Irish address. I was about to give up but hopefully I’ll hear something soon so!

I had nearly given up. I emailed their customer service about a week ago, didn't hear anything back. All the books I ordered have been sent except one. Bought a few sets of books, looks like they have been sent in two seperate packages. Hopefully they'll arrive ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Ordered 3rd March and not a dickie bird from them since. Contacted their customer service maybe 2 weeks ago and no response. Not the first time I have found their customer service to be very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Toastytoes wrote: »
    Ordered 3rd March and not a dickie bird from them since. Contacted their customer service maybe 2 weeks ago and no response. Not the first time I have found their customer service to be very poor.

Customer service???

Why would they give a damn about answering your email?

The company is bust and the court appointed administrators have been clearing stock out ridiculously cheap to clear the warehouse.

No one has made an offer to buy the company, so customer service is going to be non existent as there is zero benefit to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

You'd be doing very well to get a response from a company that doesn't exist

• Subscribers Posts: 41,005 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Still waiting, but in no hurry

Just got this email -
    Thank you for getting in touch with us at The Book People.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in despatching your order. We would like to reassure you that all orders are being fulfilled. However due to unprecedented circumstances and high demand due to our clearance sales, standard orders are currently taking longer than usual to be despatched.

Your order has been processed and is due to be despatched shortly. Once your order has been despatched you will receive an email to confirm your order is on the way and this email will also include a tracking link so you can follow the progress of the parcel with our courier.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. If you have any further questions, enquiries or feedback, please contact us. We’re happy to help.

Kind regards,

Gareth Phillips

Customer Services Team

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Just got this email -
    Thank you for getting in touch with us at The Book People.

Cool, when did you email them?
    I sent them one on 12th April but haven't heard anything back since.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Customer service???

Why would they give a damn about answering your email?

The company is bust and the court appointed administrators have been clearing stock out ridiculously cheap to clear the warehouse.

No one has made an offer to buy the company, so customer service is going to be non existent as there is zero benefit to do so.

Ok, chill the beans! Is there any need for the aggressive tone? I actually didn’t know they were in administration or whatever their situation is. I have a toddler and both my partner and I continue to work full time, we barely have them to shower so I don’t have time to keep up with every development going on in the online retail sector on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Ok, chill the beans! Is there any need for the aggressive tone? I actually didn’t know they were in administration or whatever their situation is. I have a toddler and both my partner and I continue to work full time, we barely have them to shower so I don’t have time to keep up with every development going on in the online retail sector on top of that.
    Sorry, it wasn't aimed at you, but the info is all on this thread.

What I'm saying is that this is how administrators work. Once they know that they won't have a buyer, they have no interest in providing "customer service".

Cool, when did you email them?
    I sent them one on 12th April but haven't heard anything back since.

Not sure about 2 weeks ago. But looks like we'll get our orders.... Eventually.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Sorry, it wasn't aimed at you, but the info is all on this thread.

What I'm saying is that this is how administrators work. Once they know that they won't have a buyer, they have no interest in providing "customer service".

I didn’t have time to read the full thread, a toddler, no crèche and 2 full time working parents means no time for such luxuries and it appears that some people are in fact getting responses. Thanks for the info. My understanding is administration lasts a period of 3 months so that doesn’t explain the poor customer service from long before that. It’s not the first time I have contacted them to follow up on an order and not received a reply and that was many months ago.

I will just contact my bank for a chargeback in that case.

Just to update to say that my books were delivered today. Two separate packages. So there is some hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Do you mind me asking what date you ordered ?
    Just to update to say that my books were delivered today. Two separate packages. So there is some hope

Advertisement