Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭in2dark

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Good to see these are getting delivered.

I ordered on 3rd March myself.

I emailed them today to see if I could change the delivery address as I'm now not in work, and there's nobody there to take it in.

Did people get an email to say it's dispatched, as was there any way to contact the delivery company to change delivery address.

Thanks in advance.

Once you get the dispatch email you have the option to change delivery details. At least on mine there were some links. Dint know if the really work or not.

They were delivered by gls

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

in2dark wrote: »
    Once you get the dispatch email you have the option to change delivery details. At least on mine there were some links. Dint know if the really work or not.

They were delivered by gls

Thanks for that. Seems I should be getting one any day soon. Will give them a bell if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

For the luvvajaysus the bitchin on this thread is nuckin futs.

I've ordered about 3-400 euros worth of books for a pittance! Everyone's got stuff for bugger all.

Do I wish they had arrived by now, considering the CV lockdown? Yes!

Do I expect them to prioritise overseas orders? No.

Do I expect to receive my order? Yes.

Am I still impatient? Yes.

Am I bitching about a company closing down in a literal lockdown not sending me their stock at firesale prices quicker? Fcuk no.

Some whining beeches on here tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Email received today cancelling all items I ordered are out of stock. I ordered on 3rd March, 6 items and they said refund will be issued shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Duplicate post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

got through there handy enough on the phone, its about the 4th or 5th time i've called their number in the past week, all other times i gave up after holding for about 3 or 4 minutes.

I was told that all my books were allocated in the ware house and to expect my order within 2 weeks as they are hoping to have the warehouse cleared by then. she reassured me that the books were mine.

Ive gone from a 20-80 to about a 40-60 i would say.
    thanks again to OP and all other positive posters on this thread

finger crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

I also called mid-afternoon today.

Like most others in the thread, I'm not in a huge rush for the books but the handling of the orders has been abysmal.

I ordered on the 5th March and received one email outlining "Your Order has been Received. Confirmation of your order will be sent to you in a separate email." No subsequent email, order number or any any other notification came. This is itself breaches UK Distance Selling regs. It would require very little effort to send a holding email to any orders that were delayed. Being in administration is not an excuse to hang customers out to dry.

Anyhow, on a (somewhat) brighter note, the lad (who was very helpful) on the phone said that most international orders from the first week of March have created an exception in their dispatch system and that they are slowly getting through them. There is currently no means for the call centre to escalate as the email address that was used to escalate to the warehouse has been switched off.

He asked that if I hadn't received a dispatch confirmation by Wednesday to call back and discuss.

I'd be mildly confident the books will come, albeit with some of the order probably missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

gombín wrote: »
    I also called mid-afternoon today.

Like most others in the thread, I'm not in a huge rush for the books but the handling of the orders has been abysmal.

I ordered on the 5th March and received one email outlining "Your Order has been Received. Confirmation of your order will be sent to you in a separate email." No subsequent email, order number or any any other notification came. This is itself breaches UK Distance Selling regs. It would require very little effort to send a holding email to any orders that were delayed. Being in administration is not an excuse to hang customers out to dry.

Anyhow, on a (somewhat) brighter note, the lad (who was very helpful) on the phone said that most international orders from the first week of March have created an exception in their dispatch system and that they are slowly getting through them. There is currently no means for the call centre to escalate as the email address that was used to escalate to the warehouse has been switched off.

He asked that if I hadn't received a dispatch confirmation by Wednesday to call back and discuss.

I'd be mildly confident the books will come, albeit with some of the order probably missing.

Exactly, communication would go a long way. At a time when there’s nearly 500k people on emergency social welfare maybe not everyone is in a position to just wait and see what happens to their order. Especially when they’ve already paid for the items and the company doesn’t appear to be a going concern. There is nothing wrong with that no matter how much of a bargain you might be getting.

There are a lot of people on high horses around here. This is not the only company trading in these circumstances tho this thread would have you believe they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

We won't forget this struggle for a long time but we're in this together and we'll get through it together. One delivery at a time. That time frame around 2nd, 3rd of march, we were blind. How were we to know? This won't define me though....I won't let it :-) [The book people scandal 2020].

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I got confirmation today that my books have been dispatched. I ordered on the 2nd March.

• Advertisement

I rang them today, and they said they couldn't change the delivery address as the order was "being processed". Couldn't tell me when they might be dispatched but I asked would they think in the next week or two and she said "I would think so yes".

Ordered 3rd March.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Ordered 3rd March and just got notification to say it’s been dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Ordered 3rd March and just got notification to say it’s been dispatched.

Also just received my order has been shipped, ordered 2nd March

• Registered Users Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I just received the standard email
    Please accept our apologies for the delay in despatching your order. We would like to reassure you that all orders are being fulfilled. However due to unprecedented circumstances and high demand due to our clearance sales, standard orders are currently taking longer than usual to be despatched.

So fingers crossed for everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Ordered 6th March and heard nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

3rd March, I've heard nothing nor had any responses to queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

I ordered 3rd March ... I phoned them last week and got talking to someone .. She said that they had my order there and it would be sent out .. she just didn't know when it would be sent it .. I said "two weeks?" and she said ... "hopefully" !!

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    I ordered 3rd March ... I phoned them last week and got talking to someone .. She said that they had my order there and it would be sent out .. she just didn't know when it would be sent it .. I said "two weeks?" and she said ... "hopefully" !!

Much the same as me.

Did the recent dispatch emails have options to change delivery address?

Mine will go into a black hole if I can't change the address :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Much the same as me.

Did the recent dispatch emails have options to change delivery address?

Mine will go into a black hole if I can't change the address :D

No, from reading my email it sounds like they’re in the box with my address on and are on their way to the courier company

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Coming up to 9 weeks now since my order and no response to emails. We all get there’s a pandemic going on, but an emailed update wouldn’t kill them. Going to look for a chargeback by next week if I haven’t heard anything. The child will nearly have outgrown the books intended for them by the time they’re received

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DrFunkatron

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Coming up to 9 weeks now since my order and no response to emails. We all get there’s a pandemic going on, but an emailed update wouldn’t kill them. Going to look for a chargeback by next week if I haven’t heard anything. The child will nearly have outgrown the books intended for them by the time they’re received
    Give them a call is the best thing to do, they don't check the emails too often from what I've seen. I was talking to someone last week for an update, didn't have too long of a wait to get through. Still waiting on my own order but not in a panic for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Poles

Ordered 3rd March to my home address and just received a dispatch email....phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

Just got a dispatched email from order placed on the 6th March.
    Delighted to be getting them...never had any doubt 🀔🀔🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Poles wrote: »
    Ordered 3rd March to my home address and just received a dispatch email....phew.
    jfk247 wrote: »
    Just got a dispatched email from order placed on the 6th March.
    Delighted to be getting them...never had any doubt ������

I've 2 orders, one on 3rd and one on 6th. C'mon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

2 month shipping... the books better be worth the wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

My wife got her order today. Would have ordered when the sale was on 7/8 weeks ago if that info is of any use to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I didn't order until 22nd so I'd say it'll be July when I get mine. Can't even remember what's in the bundle though it was that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I didn't order until 22nd so I'd say it'll be July when I get mine. Can't even remember what's in the bundle though it was that long ago.

According to earlier in the thread they were planning on shutting up shop in the next week or two. So they you may get something or hopefully a refund if not. I'm still waiting to hear anything without too much optimism at this point. There might be more recent information about.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Yeah she forgot aswell,ordered a load of children's books and was defo worth the wait. Unbelievable value on everything she got. She was well chuffed with herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    Yeah she forgot aswell,ordered a load of children's books and was defo worth the wait. Unbelievable value on everything she got. She was well chuffed with herself.

I got email to say that the order was dispatched to an Irish address. I ordered match 3rd. Three items were removed but I wasn't too bother about them anyway. Can't wait for this lot to arrive.

Advertisement