Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

how do you access this?

Should be a little chat symbol on the right hand side of the page on the gomo website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Get your phone unlocked. Select a porting date and time. When your phone loses the 3 signal(anything from 5 minutes to 24 hours) insert your gomo SIM and away you go.

Get your phone unlocked. Stick your GoMo sim in to activate it. Select a porting date and time. When your phone loses the 3 signal(anything from 5 minutes to 24 hours) insert your gomo SIM and away you go.

Carpentry wrote:
    Get your phone unlocked. Stick your GoMo sim in to activate it. Select a porting date and time. When your phone loses the 3 signal(anything from 5 minutes to 24 hours) insert your gomo SIM and away you go.

I didn't do the activating bit but still went ahead ok

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

thanks for the replys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Hi folks. My GoMo experience so far is quite positive. Until today that is. First I’ll came and the charge was €17. The extra €7? Landlines! Bit of a disaster for me as I ring landlines quite a bit. I mean the ad says “all calls and all texts”.

Still cheaper than my previous bills but a bit annoying at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Hi folks. My GoMo experience so far is quite positive. Until today that is. First I’ll came and the charge was €17. The extra €7? Landlines! Bit of a disaster for me as I ring landlines quite a bit. I mean the ad says “all calls and all texts”.

Can you be more specific , landlines as in 01 Dublin numbers etc? Surely they should be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Landlines are included. Contact GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

1850 or 1890 numbers maybe?

Hi folks. My GoMo experience so far is quite positive. Until today that is. First I’ll came and the charge was €17. The extra €7? Landlines! Bit of a disaster for me as I ring landlines quite a bit. I mean the ad says “all calls and all textsâ€.

Landlines should be free did you call 1890, 0818 or 076 numbers. Those won't be free till after first of December

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

How long did everyone wait for their sim? I ordered on the 24th of October and still nothing in the post, I'd normally be OK with this but I'm currently out of contract and have had no phone for the last week.

• Advertisement

Landlines should be free did you call 1890, 0818 or 076 numbers. Those won't be free till after first of December

My bill just says “landlines” it doesn’t give specifics. I’ll get onto them and see what they say and report back.

My bill just says “landlines†it doesn’t give specifics. I’ll get onto them and see what they say and report back.

I haven't got a bill yet but my understanding is they're itemized

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

For me it was overall bill on the front page, breakdown between calls and data in the middle, and itemised calls and texts at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Carpentry wrote: »
    be patient, it doesn't happen within click of a finger.

It does. When I was moving from Tesco to 48, from 48 to Three, from Three to Vodafone - every time the switch was almost instantaneous.

The old card lost signal, so popped in new card and it was good to go.

TheChizler wrote: »
    For me it was overall bill on the front page, breakdown between calls and data in the middle, and itemised calls and texts at the end.

Yes to this ^^^ I got to see my bill properly now and I see I was charged €7.52 for a 0818 number that I was for 30 minutes (bloody ticket master, god do I hate TM!) Glad to hear they will be included going forward. Cheers guys.

Yes to this ^^^ I got to see my bill properly now and I see I was charged €7.52 for a 0818 number that I was for 30 minutes (bloody ticket master, god do I hate TM!) Glad to hear they will be included going forward. Cheers guys.

Until then http://www.saynoto1890.com/

Okay so I went on live chat with them and I chatted with Brian. I asked him if 0818 numbers will be included in the bundle going forward or if there is any plan to include them, his response, "no those numbers won't be covered unfortunately. same with other premium number"

So mind those premium numbers people, as you were in other words.

Okay so I went on live chat with them and I chatted with Brian. I asked him if 0818 numbers will be included in the bundle going forward or if there is any plan to include them, his response, "no those numbers won't be covered unfortunately. same with other premium number"

He's wrong all companies have to include them in their bundles from first of December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

So mind those premium numbers people, as you were in other words.

I think Brian needs to read up on the latest Comreg ruling in relation to 1890/0818 numbers.
    Doesn’t surprise me however, as their staff are clueless imbeciles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

grogi wrote: »
    It does. When I was moving from Tesco to 48, from 48 to Three, from Three to Vodafone - every time the switch was almost instantaneous.

The old card lost signal, so popped in new card and it was good to go.

I meant it doesnt happen in seconds from the scheduled port until new sim will be fully working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

How do you get onto this live chat? I can't see any option on the website

Live chat options are usually blocked by ad-blockers. So if you have use, disable it.

There should be a live chat symbol on the right hand side of the page on their website when you log in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

There should be a live chat symbol on the right hand side of the page on their website when you log in

I see it now, it's only on one page of about five, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

How do you get your money back if its just not working?ive tried to register numerous times.3 different emails and it will not text me a verification code.3 different phones.ive emailed them and they told me to check the email check the number is correct and check spam folder. nothing.i cannot register so i cannot port my number.
    Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jeepster_ie

Gooser14 wrote: »
    My advice is not to initiate porting of you number until you have received & trialed the GoMo SIM. Also ensure the SIM received matches the number on your online account.

Exactly this...they sent me a SIM that didnt match the details on my account. I must have got sent someone else's SIM and a different guy got my SIM. So when my number was ported over on the Thursday, he got my number. So anyone dialling or texting me got to talk to him! Emailed them on their Contact Us page and got no response so DM on twitter on Friday. They got back to me on Sunday and cancelled the port so dialling my number got a "This number is not in service". At least my number was no longer going to a random guy. They also cancelled the SIM I received.

They sent a replacement SIM which took a week to arrive which still didnt match the details in my account. Back to Twitter to query this and a day later they said it would automatically update when the SIM is activated. Followed their FAQ on activating and...nothing. No change in details on my account and no working phone..."SIM not provisioned" showing on the phone. So almost 2 weeks after I was ported over to GoMo and still no working phone. I've signed back up with my old provider and waiting on that SIM to arrive.

When things go well, Im sure its a seamless experience. But from my experience, when things go wrong it can be an absolute nightmare to get resolved.

Marhay70 wrote:
    I see it now, it's only on one page of about five, thanks.

You're welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Get your phone unlocked. Select a porting date and time. When your phone loses the 3 signal(anything from 5 minutes to 24 hours) insert your gomo SIM and away you go.

I would delay scheduling the porting of your number until you have received the GoMo SIM & satisfied yourself that:
    a. it is the SIM number identified on your website account
    b. the SIM works to your satisfaction in your area.

I trialed the GoMo SIM for 6 days before porting my number from Three. The porting took 7 minutes from the scheduled start time. During the trial period I used my original SIM in an old phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Having worked in Telecoms for a cheapo provider in the UK IME when you have a really cheap price it tends to be reflected in customer service so don't be surprised if there are 'hiccups' or less than knowledgeable staff, errors on bills.

Obviously people only ring up when there are issues but it's usually a case of some people have no problems and others have ones that drag on and on. I used to swear that the billing errors were by design as a lot of people don't notice them or cant be bothered with the hassle of phoning up to get any overcharges back, and this made up for the cheaper rates on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

set the porting for saturday at 10am but still hasnt changed over to my old number yet. Very annoying having a new number this long. is it just a waiting game?

Its nearly 4 days since it should have happened

Advertisement