Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

banie01 wrote: »
    I've very recently become a fan of Tom Ford's Black Orchid.

Quite niche, but lovely IMO.

I’ve tried this before but ultimately it’s a female fragrance for me, although marketed as unisex.

From the same house, Ombré Leather is really doing it for me. Sampled it a couple of times and didn’t get on with it at all but something kept drawing me back. Sampled it one more time and decided to buy a bottle.

That third sample After wearing it all day was just like a lightbulb moment. Went from not caring for the fragrance to loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ombre Leather is amazing. Though I think it needs to suit your skin for it to really kick in. It’s funny you should say it took 3 attempts, I was the same, first attempt was that “it smelled like a leather bag”, second wasn’t bad and third attempt was pre flight And when I knew I could smell it hours later I was sold.

Funnily men seem to know what it is when they smell it, women ask.
    Blue Chanel is still #1 for women commenting on it and instantly knowing what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Another vote for Ombre Leather here. Just smells amazing.

I got to sample Beau de Jour yesterday. It's weird, because after a nice opening it dried down to smell (to me) like toilet duck. Really nasty! I had to scrub it off my hand when I got home. Weird thing is the wife loved it. I had to warn her not to buy me a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Alright lads

Just wondered has anyone on here tried both:

L'aventure by Al Haramain & Armaf Club De Nuit intense

Would love to hear which one you preferred and why

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Alright lads

Cheers guys

I had L'aventure but sold it. It was near identical to Aventus imo but the longevity wasn't great. For the price, the quality was outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Alright lads

Cheers guys

If your looking for a cheap Aventus clone, the CDNI is your man! Projects well and lasts a fair while also..

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

CDN is unreal, serious staying power, smells great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Mont Blanc Explorer is another very good Aventus alternative, not sure how it stacks up pricewise against CDNI etc though.

Thanks for the the replies lads.

Went with CDNI from perfume-click.ie

Was the cheapest i could find online

Just got my CDNI delivered lads.

Holy moly it smells absolutely amazing

• Advertisement

Just got a bottle of Bleecker Street by Bond no.9. Got a great deal on MaxAroma last week, so came in under €100. Absolutely beautiful scent, but poor performer. Bit surprised as any reviews I read online suggested it's a beast, but on first impressions this is a skin scent. But it really does smell amazing

Lads the irish debenhams just went into liquidation so keep an eye on their website for some 'possible' price reductions on frangrances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I general rock Channel Allure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Lads the irish debenhams just went into liquidation so keep an eye on their website for some 'possible' price reductions on frangrances

Where are we going to buy now?
    I just bought Dolce & Gabanna K from them

Brown Thomas doing 20% off some fragrances online. Offer includes Aventus and Ombre Leather.

https://www.brownthomas.com/fashion-offers/?prefn1=division&prefv1=Beauty&prefn2=refinementSubCategory&prefv2=MensFragrance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Bleu De Chanel is nice, but the best by far and prob the best I have had in a long time is Tom Ford Beau De Jour

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Bleu De Chanel is nice, but the best by far and prob the best I have had in a long time is Tom Ford Beau De Jour

Blue De Chanel EDP is one of my favoutes. Can’t bring myself to pay the money for Tom Ford

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marcus-Aurelius

Gael23 wrote: »
    Blue De Chanel EDP is one of my favoutes. Can’t bring myself to pay the money for Tom Ford

The fragrance split thread is a nice way to try some Tom Ford at v reasonable prices. Well worth trying it out mate.

Gael23 wrote: »

Bleu De Chanel EDP is in the same price range as the Tom Ford Signature line.

Performance is great as well with Beau De Jour.

• Advertisement

Got a bottle of Amouage Reflection Man last week.
    Firstly the box and bottle are a thing of beauty.

It’s a smokey incense type fragrance with loads of notes and changes over time. An unusual top note of Oregano and some leather in the base, it smells a bit like the inside of a church.

I’ve smelled nothing like it before. I really like it. Huge projection on it. I’d say it’s a love it or hate it fragrance as it’s unusual and it doesn’t hold back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

adox wrote: »

It’s a smokey incense type fragrance with loads of notes and changes over time. An unusual top note of Oregano and some leather in the base, it smells a bit like the inside of a church.

I’ve smelled nothing like it before. I really like it. Huge projection on it. I’d say it’s a love it or hate it fragrance as it’s unusual and it doesn’t hold back!

I've just broken a small bottle of it ffs

I've just broken a small bottle of it ffs

Ah jaysus. The one on Fragrance Splits thread? Did you get to wear it at all?

Ah jaysus. The one on Fragrance Splits thread? Did you get to wear it at all?

I did...it's lovely...or was....have to wait for the next split to get more....I'm gutted .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Did you get a bargain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I used to really like Eau Sauvage but the last few times I've doused myself in airports with it I thought it was missing something and not the same as what I used to buy 20 years ago. Further back I used to like Cacherel pour Homme, it's quite distinctive and always got a comment, though someone once asked me if I was wearing women's perfume as they thought it smelt " very feminine".

Passenger wrote: »
    Did you get a bargain?

Yeah(relatively speaking)

€153 for a 100ml bottle delivered from allbeauty.com

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I did...it's lovely...or was....have to wait for the next split to get more....I'm gutted .

At least there is a part of your house smelling nice now anyway?

NIMAN wrote: »
    At least there is a part of your house smelling nice now anyway?

Happened at work...and yep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Had a spray of Bond No9 "Fire Island" today , its amazing lasts 12 hours .Makes you smell like suntan lotion , very expensive suntan lotion , seriously addictive summer fragrance .

Advertisement