Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

UPDATE

Given the public health advice to avoid non essential activities I am going to mostly 'pause' splits for the moment. All currently outstanding deliveries will still go out as scheduled (presuming couriers remain open) and if anyone wants anything from the remaining March stuff (listed here in post 3585 - Maasai Mara, BdJ and Grey Vetiver are gone) just let me know and I'll send that out too. I won't send out a new list of stuff until circumstances are more favourable but I have plenty of great stuff here to hit the ground running when I'm back in action. If anyone is after anything specific for themselves, birthdays, etc just drop me an email or PM and I'll see what I can do.

Stay safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gorillafrier

Hi Pat, package arrived perfectly yesterday. Love the new round bottles. Aventus GIT smells great, nice change! Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sburn

First time ordering and everything received perfectly today Pat thanks, will definitely be coming back for more.

BDJ and Aventus a great upgrade to what I had been using.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Must admit that TF BDJ is a very very nice fragrance. Lovely in this sunny weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Soarer wrote: »
    Must admit that TF BDJ is a very very nice fragrance. Lovely in this sunny weather!

Have to agree, its yummy...

Although its potent, I put some on, and you could smell it everywhere, so one splash will do

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

whats one splash to you? :)

BdJ is a real banger - a personal favourite of mine. Easy wearing, classy. It was very popular this month - I got through six bottles with another on the way!

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    whats one splash to you? :)

Just the one press on the pushy down thingy

BdJ is a real banger - a personal favourite of mine. Easy wearing, classy. It was very popular this month - I got through six bottles with another on the way!

It’s probably the best I have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I'm fecking delighted I was able to get 100ml in Debenhams at half price when I did.

It will be a staple scent for me for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Just the one press on the pushy down thingy

Cool thanks

Good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Beau de Jour 100ml reduced again in Debenhams down to €117.

Link

Clive Christian raffle

I'm going to do this tomorrow night (Tues 31st) live on Zoom at 20.45 - feel free to drop in at https://zoom.us/j/801784193!

If you have any fragrance questions etc, join in and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Clive Christian raffle

I'm going to do this tomorrow night (Tues 31st) live on Zoom at 20.45 - feel free to drop in at https://zoom.us/j/801784193!

If you have any fragrance questions etc, join in and ask.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Beau de Jour 100ml reduced again in Debenhams down to €117.

Link

Thanks for the heads up I bit the bullet and invested in some more. It's a top notch killer fragrance and compliment machine! Best in my collection now by a country mile.

Clive Christian winners!

1. Dingle_berry
    2. Martin maloney
    3. (non Boards member).

Congratulations and I'll be in touch!

Clive Christian winners!

1. Dingle_berry
    2. Martin maloney
    3. (non Boards member).

Congratulations and I'll be in touch!

Fantastic stuff Pat ....I've warned the wife about it's potency! :)
    Thanks a mill

Hope everyone is safe and smelling well! This clear weather has me hitting the greener scents - been rocking Mousse Illuminee on cooler days and Creed's lovely Original Vetiver on slightly balmier days (like today).

Some exciting news for a likely future split: the 'Blue Beast' is getting a flanker! Amouage Interlude Black Iris launches mid to late summer (who knows at the moment!) and dials back the oregano in favour of orris and iris - not always gone on orris myself, but a big fan of powdery iris. It's the first fragrance since the replacement of the creative director so hopefully they've something special up their sleeves with this release! In terms of splits, I doubt it'll happen for a while (probably 2021) as I don't like paying full retail prices!

xVStFS8q_t.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

How are you guys storing these fragrances? Keeping them out of the light etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

adox wrote: »
    How are you guys storing these fragrances? Keeping them out of the light etc?

I keep all mine in a drawer with the niche ones still in their boxes.

• Advertisement

A few boxes for my own stuff. Have the splits stuff in a cupboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I had my (modest) collection in toiletrie bags under my bed. Lockdown boredom struck today and I cleared out a drawer full of junk in a bedside locker and put them in a nice basket in there. :pac:

I got great satisfaction from doing it!

Hope everyone is safe and smelling well! This clear weather has me hitting the greener scents - been rocking Mousse Illuminee on cooler days and Creed's lovely Original Vetiver on slightly balmier days (like today).

Some exciting news for a likely future split: the 'Blue Beast' is getting a flanker! Amouage Interlude Black Iris launches mid to late summer (who knows at the moment!) and dials back the oregano in favour of orris and iris - not always gone on orris myself, but a big fan of powdery iris. It's the first fragrance since the replacement of the creative director so hopefully they've something special up their sleeves with this release! In terms of splits, I doubt it'll happen for a while (probably 2021) as I don't like paying full retail prices!

xVStFS8q_t.jpeg

Cool, have always wanted to dip my toes into the Amouge range!
    Just wondering had you any plans to do future splits on any of the Byredo Range?
    Also any plans to do a split of allure homme sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Hi Padraig ....
    Have you ever done any splits of the house of Xerjoff ?
    Another amazing house I've recently come across is the Turkish house of Nishane.
    2 gems from that house are hacivat and ani .

Hi Padraig ....
    Have you ever done any splits of the house of Xerjoff ?
    Another amazing house I've recently come across is the Turkish house of Nishane.
    2 gems from that house are hacivat and ani .

Yip, have done plenty of Xerjoff - off the top of my head Mefisto, Zefiro, Renaissance, Fiero, 40 Knots, Nio, maybe another one or two. Will be doing Dolce Amalfi as well for summer, Covid-19 restrictions depending!

Yeah, have an active eye out for Hacivat but it's a saucy price! Not that I don't do very expensive stuff (as if!) but at that price I need to be convinced it's worth it!

Cool, have always wanted to dip my toes into the Amouge range!
    Just wondering had you any plans to do future splits on any of the Byredo Range?
    Also any plans to do a split of allure homme sport?

I do keep an eye out for Byredo but it's one of those brands that's difficult to get below RRP, and RRP makes for expensive splits! Must say I'm not convinced by some of their range TBH.

AHS: maybe, if I pick it up in duty free or something - although that source of frags has been rather limited recently! Nine flights this month alone cancelled....

Amouage: generally highly recommend them, although a few frags are a bit uber-niche for many. But their bread and butter ones - Jubilation, Interlude, Epic, etc. are all class leading. Much of their range is big hitter, serious, 'put on your big boy pants' stuff.

I do keep an eye out for Byredo but it's one of those brands that's difficult to get below RRP, and RRP makes for expensive splits! Must say I'm not convinced by some of their range TBH.

AHS: maybe, if I pick it up in duty free or something - although that source of frags has been rather limited recently! Nine flights this month alone cancelled....

Amouage: generally highly recommend them, although a few frags are a bit uber-niche for many. But their bread and butter ones - Jubilation, Interlude, Epic, etc. are all class leading. Much of their range is big hitter, serious, 'put on your big boy pants' stuff.

Ok well I trust your nose anyways regards Byredo. If your not convinced them I trust your opinion.
    AHS - whenever ya can over the next few months pat no rush.
    Amouge- I'll go with what ever you pick. Are reflection man and beach hut heavy hitters?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Yip, have done plenty of Xerjoff - off the top of my head Mefisto, Zefiro, Renaissance, Fiero, 40 Knots, Nio, maybe another one or two. Will be doing Dolce Amalfi as well for summer, Covid-19 restrictions depending!

Yeah, have an active eye out for Hacivat but it's a saucy price! Not that I don't do very expensive stuff (as if!) but at that price I need to be convinced it's worth it!

Both Nishane are worth it .
    Obviously not for every day use but both gems for special occasions .

Ok well I trust your nose anyways regards Byredo. If your not convinced them I trust your opinion.
    AHS - whenever ya can over the next few months pat no rush.
    Amouge- I'll go with what ever you pick. Are reflection man and beach hut heavy hitters?

Reflection and Beach Hut are a little different from their bread and butter incense / smoke / oud combos. Reflection is lighter, and more Spring-y and not a powerhouse as such, but still very well regarded. Beach Hut is perhaps the greenest fragrance I've smelt - very strong ivy note but for a 'fresh' fragrance has almost brutal power - it just keeps on going! Don't get me wrong on Byredo - there's some good stuff (Pulp is great but not for everyone), but I find a few a bit 'meh' - but that could be just me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Hard day of manual labor... knackered.
    Showered..shaved ..and a splash of Baccarat Rouge 540
    And all is well in the world again...

Hope everyone is keeping well !

Advertisement