Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rebellad 1970

Ya same here

Got an email yesterday saying no updates on regional candidates, but would be in touch with all candidates soon,not sure what to make of that to be honest,just a very slow process I would say..

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Moshman

Got an email yesterday saying no updates on regional candidates, but would be in touch with all candidates soon,not sure what to make of that to be honest,just a very slow process I would say..

Process is a joke, applications closed nearly 9 months ago with the only correspondence a crappy mail c. 5 months ago. Do Irish rail seriously expect people to wait around only to be told thanks but no thanks? Have they gotten back to anybody who applied for the regional depots? Treating prospective employees very poorly.

Seems to be all dublin really,dont think there will be many regional vacancies or we would have heard something positive by now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Moshman wrote: »
    Process is a joke, applications closed nearly 9 months ago with the only correspondence a crappy mail c. 5 months ago. Do Irish rail seriously expect people to wait around only to be told thanks but no thanks? Have they gotten back to anybody who applied for the regional depots? Treating prospective employees very poorly.

Theres nothing stopping you looking for other work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 MrBumBum

It may be a slow process but I'm sure they are still working away on it. 2 more classes in dublin have been filled recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

Just got the email for galway phase 1 , wed 25th in Dublin for me,

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Just got the email for galway phase 1 , wed 25th in Dublin for me,

Happy days

I got the same email, congrats.

Were you assigned Wed 25th already? I had to state my preference for a day and time, which I have done, but haven't received any confirmation of it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

Moyglish wrote: »
    I got the same email, congrats.

Were you assigned Wed 25th already? I had to state my preference for a day and time, which I have done, but haven't received any confirmation of it so far.

Stated my preference, like you no mail back to confirm but they prob have to wait on numbers before confirming, congrats to you to bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Best of luck with it, might see you on the 25th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I got the email for Limerick. Waiting all this time, and ill be on holidays outside the country on all of the available dates. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jackdelaney93

Got the mail also to attend test centre

Cork based

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kirboie

Anyone any info if another course is being held for dublin based drivers. Got interview in april and had to meet some criteria for medical just got all clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Hi
    Can anyone who has made it through all the stages and actually started the training please share a rough timeline of how each stage progressed.
    Thanks

Another query, during training are trainees paid full pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrBumBum

annor99 wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone who has made it through all the stages and actually started the training please share a rough timeline of how each stage progressed.
    Thanks
    Everybody's timeline would be different. It all depends on when a class is scheduled to start and where you fit into it.
    There isnt capacity to have all the required classes running at the same time, it's possible some mightnt start until the middle of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Rootsblower

kirboie wrote: »
    Another query, during training are trainees paid full pay.

Yes your paid a full time wage I think it’s about 48k until your passed as a driver then your put on the pay scale at point 1

Deedsie wrote: »
    I got the email for Limerick. Waiting all this time, and ill be on holidays outside the country on all of the available dates. Disaster.

I replied to the email requesting an alternative date. I think that precludes me. Very disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Deedsie wrote: »
    I replied to the email requesting an alternative date. I think that precludes me. Very disappointed

That's very frustrating. Where they able to offer you another date?

annor99 wrote: »
    That's very frustrating. Where they able to offer you another date?

I emailed them twice and still havent received a reply. I tried to ring through Irish rail to explain the situatuon but they couldnt put me through to HR.

Id be happy to wait for the next round of assesments like. Dont expect preferential trearment etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I think the pay during training is more like 40-44k based on earlier posts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Irish Rail Informer

Trainee wage is 850 a week.

One Dart and One Deisel Class have been completed (16 drivers)

2 other classes (16 more drivers) currently ongoing

Training lasts almost 5 months, followed by 4 months of mentored driving.

Will there be any more after this round of assesments?

Has anyone received a confirmation email since the email we received inviting us to the next stage. Im raging im on holidays that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

When will mentoring for the 32 start if it hasn't already?

Should be more classes next year. 2 classes just started, so they'll finish end of January.

Mentoring has started for the 2 first classes, while 2 new classes go through the classroom based training.

Hiring of additional recruits depends on classroom/trainer availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Rootsblower

Training lasts longer for diesel if your going to a depot then operates freight

Friend of mine just got offer of dart starting in about 6 weeks. As a matter of curiosity where are dart driver based. Do they all go from Connolly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fairview Depot I'm fairly sure for all of them. Don't think there's any outstationing overnight for any service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I'm not sure where the latest recruits are going, but there are two DART depots - Bray and Fairview. Fairview being the main one. I would imagine Bray is attractive for anyone living South City and Wicklow area for an easier drive in / out instead of Fairview.

Advertisement