Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Moshman wrote: »
    As crappy as it sounds I reckon you've missed the boat (genuinely hope I'm wrong). The recruitment process has been symbolic and I'd say that the fact that you weren't available when requested will probably work against you. What depot did you apply for?

I had applied for Limerick. Ya, from the vibes I am getting here I am probably out. Not the end of the world,. Congrats to all who have received job offers and all the best to those still in the running for positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Just wondering has anyone who done an interview last week heard anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

annor99 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone who done an interview last week heard anything back yet?

From what I know about Cork, it will be the end of this week, early next week once all interviews have been done, 19 candidates in over a 2 week period.

They were aiming to have 10 done by Friday last week, assuming the other 9 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greenport

Sat interview yesterday in Dublin,got a email about 5pm yesterday looking for two references.

Greenport wrote: »
    Sat interview yesterday in Dublin,got a email about 5pm yesterday looking for two references.

Congrats ðŸ˜
    Husbands was in Limerick. Hopefully hear something soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭antoisspence

I sat my interview last Thursday for Dublin, had the medical before that and I’m still waiting to hear back.

Reading that they got back to you so quickly I can’t help but get a sinking feeling in my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sparky19

I wouldn't worry about that to be honest, maybe he didn't include his references in his CV in the first place and they just needed to get them off him, no one else has said anything just yet anyway.

Sat my interview in Waterford and was told to be patient in waiting for a reply as their HR department is all over the country at the moment doing all of the interviews, so I'd say the earliest any of us could hear back will be next week.

Sparky19 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about that to be honest, maybe he didn't include his references in his CV in the first place and they just needed to get them off him, no one else has said anything just yet anyway.

Sat my interview in Waterford and was told to be patient in waiting for a reply as their HR department is all over the country at the moment doing all of the interviews, so I'd say the earliest any of us could hear back will be next week.

Yeah I know. I’m just flip flopping between thinking the interview went great and thinking it went ****e every 30 minutes or so.

Yeah I know. I’m just flip flopping between thinking the interview went great and thinking it went ****e every 30 minutes or so.

I know the feeling haha, gonna be a nervous wait for all of us. I'm trying not to think about it too much. I'll post here as soon as I hear back anyway.

Yeah I'd say be next before we hear anything,I done my medical today and a few others where there doing it also.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd say be next before we hear anything,I done my medical today and a few others where there doing it also.

Ah see I did my medical before the interview so when you said you got emailed about references I assumed it was after the medical and interview and they were looking to offer you a spot right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bilzo

My brother got offered a job after his medical. He did the medical 2 weeks ago and received a job off 2 days ago.

Got offered a job this morning,best of luck to anyone waiting to hear back.

Got offered a job this morning,best of luck to anyone waiting to hear back.

Congratulations! What region did you apply for?

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Dublin

Driving DMU or EMU?

Dublin

Big congrats.
    Did they give you a start date?

Nov 11, the class for the dart

bilzo wrote: »
    My brother got offered a job after his medical. He did the medical 2 weeks ago and received a job off 2 days ago.

Good news for your brother. Thanks for sharing. Where was he offered his position?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dodgyfeet

Did ye receive official offer post/email or just phonecall at this stage for November 11 start?

• Advertisement

Phonecall

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheShepard

I Also got the the post for Galway starting in mallow on the 11th November. Got a phone call and then received an email few days later.

Just curious, has anyone here that's done the medical/interview not got an offer and got a rejection letter?

Seems to be a seriously good strike rate for Boardsies starting in IE, keep it up :D

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just curious, has anyone here that's done the medical/interview not got an offer and got a rejection letter?

Seems to be a seriously good strike rate for Boardsies starting in IE, keep it up :D

Got a rejection email this morning.

Sparky19 wrote: »
    Got a rejection email this morning.

Disaster.

:(

Well done on getting down to the medical/interview stage, out of the 27/28k applicants.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Disaster.

:(

Well done on getting down to the medical/interview stage, out of the 27/28k applicants.

Thanks, hope the rest of you receive better news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kirboie

Done the interview and medical in April had to do a couple of things to satisfy the medical officer but got call followed by letter 4 weeks ago starting 11th Nov on the Dart course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dodgyfeet

Phonecall

Thanks. How many weeks classroom in Mallow. I think they said 24 at the interview.....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheShepard

Dodgyfeet wrote: »
    Thanks. How many weeks classroom in Mallow. I think they said 24 at the interview.....

not sure. all i know its 44 weeks training all in? Am i wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Just got an email from them there inviting me to the phase 1 assessment in Dublin so they must be calling in more people.

Happy Days!

Advertisement