Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you'd like to say to them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

“When you walk through a storm
    Hold your head up high
    And don't be afraid of the dark
    At the end of a storm
    There's a golden sky
    And the sweet silver song of a lark
    Walk on through the wind
    Walk on through the rain
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown
    Walk on, walk on
    With hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone
    You'll never walk alone
    Walk on, walk on
    With hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone
    You'll never walk alone”.

Ronan, you never managed to convert me, despite your enthusiastic efforts. I miss you and your mischievous loveable ways xxx I was in our old school recently, our graffiti is long gone but I carry the memories of the devilment we shared. Rest In Peace xxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

I miss you Mum, like I do everyday..
    Dads ok Thank God, and so are the rest of the family !
    Another year on Thank God !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Miss you Dad.
    Miss the old days where we used to ring in the New Years together. We’re all doing ok. You’re grandsons are all well and good. You’d love them at the age they are at now.Youd love our house, and all the fun and mayhem.
    It’s been almost 2 years, and I wonder if life will ever feel ‘normal’ again. So much has changed, you’d barely recognize the place. Hope you’re watching on from somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

He’s recovered and is almost back to full strength. Thank you. Christmas was wonderful, best I’ve had for a long time without you. Then New Years came and you were all I could think of. New Years Eve always gets me. Another year gone where you weren’t here, another one coming where you won’t be. I didn’t pour you a drink like I always did but I raised a toast and thought of you watching the fireworks. I know you know what happened with C. Look after the little one now with you. I know you will. We miss you & we love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Paranoid Bob

Is still regret not lot looking after you at home Mum. I hope you can forgive me.

I love you.
    I miss you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I woke up this morning with a sense of you. I dreamt of you again but have no recollection of the dream. I'm left with the traces of your ghost instead.In dreams I see your face clearly but now I can't bring it to mind , just a faint impression. And now those feelings of loss and and unfulfilled longing are just beneath the serface and colouring my day. I'm going to have to bury them deep or I'll go under again. Because I've never come to terms with your death. I had to make the conscious decision to close off the grief or just die myself. The pain is still within me, it's a part of me now and has changed who I am. It will never go away. I will mourn you til my time comes. I will think of you every day. I have had to accept that so I could carry on living.

I would give anything to see your face again and make things right between us, my friend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

I don't know why I could never tell the person I most admired, most respected, most envied and most wanted to become just how much I loved them. I love you so much and miss you in equal measure. Grá mór i gcónaí Dad. Oíche mhaith agus codladh sámh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Reading all these comments breaks my heart. I am lucky my parents are still alive. But I regret so much not being a better son. I am doing my best to make it up to them now. I regret so much of what I have said and done, I have been a fool, but I am lucky to still have time with them. I am going home this weekend and will tell them that I love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Reading all these comments breaks my heart. I am lucky my parents are still alive. But I regret so much not being a better son. I am doing my best to make it up to them now. I regret so much of what I have said and done, I have been a fool, but I am lucky to still have time with them. I am going home this weekend and will tell them that I love them.

I lost my mother in November suddenly and the guilt eats me up that I wasn't a better daughter.
    Enjoy and love them whilst you have them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Happy Mothers Day mam

• Advertisement

Still miss you loads Mum...
    Brought you a nice flower earlier,in your favourite colour too..
    Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Miss you more every day. I hate that you won't ever get to see my son or see me as a parent but if i can be half as good as you were my son will have a fantastic life. Til we meet again for a catch up & set the world to right, i love you x

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I lost my mother to suicide a number of years ago and in the past few months I’ve finally started attending counselling to try and deal with the unresolved deep rooted grief I have over it. In one of our sessions my counsellor asked me to think about what I would say to her. Here goes.

I miss you. I know you did your best, and you couldn’t fight anymore. I’m sorry I didn’t do more for you, and really, really wish I had been a better daughter. I feel like I let you down when you needed me most, and I’m so ashamed of myself for it. I was selfish. I handled things so incredibly badly, and I’m so, so sorry. You weren’t a burden on me. You were the most amazing mother I could have asked for, and you sacrificed so much for us. You always made me feel so loved, and so safe. I hope that one day I will be half as good a mother as you were. I loved you. I’m sorry that we fought that night. Im sorry I went to bed angry at you. I wish that I hugged you the next day before I left to go back to Carrick. And Im so, so sorry that I didn’t tell you I loved you that night on the phone. That’s one of my biggest regrets. I was so angry at you for so long for what you did, as I felt like you abandoned me. I felt like you didn’t love me enough to live. To fight for yourself. I miss you. I wish you were still here. I wish you could have seen that there was life after dad. That you had so much going for you. I would give anything in the world to have you here. I need you.

How much do I love you? All the world and more.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Baybay

Your sister is on her way & cannot wait to see you again. She’s living her end of life scenario with dignity & grace. I know you would have hated to be what you would consider a burden & that you went so quickly is possibly the only consolation I find in your passing. I wish you were here as for once I can’t hear your advice. Your sister no longer wants me to ring, write or visit & while I’m respecting her wishes as I know she too feels it’d be less of a burden, I don’t know what to do. You were always two prickly characters who understood each other perfectly. I could do with a little of that understanding now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

S,
    I still can’t believe it. No one can. You were such a loved person, always there to lend a hand. You welcomed me into the family and treated me as one of your own. I’m thinking back over the years and there was not one celebration we had that you were not there.
    We all are heartbroken but you fought with dignity and grace til the end.
    Xx

M

It’s the beginning, please watch over us again x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I can't believe it.

Happy birthday mam. I miss you so much. We all do. You loved your birthday. Love you.

Why didn't you just hang on???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You're on my mind these past few days. I wish we could hang out. I miss your laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cal04

I'd ask him why
    Why leave it with a million why's
    Why leave me to rear our daughter's alone
    Why leave us when he was so full of life
    Why always bury his head in the sand
    Why not face the consequences
    Why why why
    Suicide is never the answer

Cal04 wrote: »
    I'd ask him why
    Why why why

Oh Cal04, i'm so sorry (if I'm understanding this correctly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Sincere condolences and best wishes Cal04. Wish I could help

Still miss you loads Mum, 5 years yesterday, cant believe it..
    Hope you are having a chat with someone.
    You'd love your grave with flowers..

Xxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm angry at you for leaving us all so suddenly and not reaching out. There were a hundred people who would have picked up the phone to you. I'm angry that people have turned on your girlfriend in their grief. I know that's not what you wanted, but here we are.

This is the mess you've left behind, and only because you were so loved.

Thank you all...Suicide is something I never thought we would encounter..totally out of the blue...there are no answers and a million whys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I knew that these two weeks would be hard, but I was entirely prepared for how hard the grief would hit me. The tears started coming a little bit on Friday, and today I can't stop. The pain of you not being here is nearly physical. The worst thing is that I know you'd hate it - you'd be telling me to keep the chin up, to "stop it outta that". But I can't. Not today. I just want you to come back.

I'm having a tough time and all I want is to talk to either one of you about it, preferably both. I'd give just about anything for one more day. I thought it was past feeling this raw.

Love you. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭orionm_73

Three years yesterday Dad. At the time I couldn’t imagine it being even a week later. I honestly have thought of you every single day, though wearing your wedding ring makes that easy.... what’s hard is just needing to give you a hug and not being able to. I just want to know that you’re ok, wherever it is you are.. heaven, the afterlife..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I wish I believed in the afterlife because I'd love to meet you again. I miss you every single day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Recliner

I was shopping yesterday and saw something and thought, that would look really good on you. And then I remembered....

How could I have forgotten?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Recliner

Thank you all...Suicide is something I never thought we would encounter..totally out of the blue...there are no answers and a million whys

We went through it last year. I described it like being part of a club that you never wanted to join.
    I'm so sorry for your loss, let yourself grieve, no matter who is depending on you. Take some time when you need it.
    Do what you need to do, there's no manual or timetable on this.
    xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Giz a hug Dad .

My Dad gave the best, biggest bear hugs. I'd sell my soul for one.

I can’t believe it’s been 10 years since we got to celebrate your birthday with you. We still have the photo of the four of us in the sitting room but it hurts every time I look at it, knowing how awful you were feeling, the pain that was behind your smile and not knowing it would be the last one we would have with you. None of us knew what would come two months later. I hate that dad isn’t smiling in that photo. I’d rather he wasn’t in it and it was just you, me and L.

A decade of birthdays I should have had with you. It’s not fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I miss you both . Sometimes it just hits home , and hits hard when it does . Love you both always x

Love you mam nearly 9 months since I heard your voice. I miss you so much and think about you every minute. We miss you. Wish I could step back in time. Love you.

Thank you for everything you taught me and can you keep teaching me please????

LOVE YOUx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Baybay

They’re good people, I know that. They’ve had every chance to step up but they just get it wrong. They’re not you & I can’t expect them to be but I can’t help looking still.

I wish I had made more of an effort with you, but it was hard after mum died. I felt like her death caused a massive rift between me and all of you, which wasn’t fair, as her death was not my fault. You were always one of my favourite uncles, and I seriously looked up to and admired you. Your success at sport made me want to be like you, and was one of the things that motivated me most when I was doing competitive athletics. You were one of the nicest, kindest and most lovely men I ever knew. The relationship you had with your wife and children is one I hope to have myself one day. You were so incredibly loved by everyone, you touched so many people’s lives and you made so many people happy. I used to love when you came to visit us when we were small. You always brought us Cornettos, which we loved, but mainly we just loved you for who you were.
    My heart is broken. I’ll miss you more than you’ll ever know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One year ago today you took your last breaths as I held your hand and told you how much you were loved . You still are , we know you're happy to be reunited with Mam , you had no fear of death , hope you're both still watching over us all xx

• Advertisement

I ran a road race today and you were all I could think about. You were always such an inspiration to me, and seeing all your medals at your funeral really drove it home. Today I was running for you.

Love you mam. Miss you so much. Wish I could hear your voice and laughter. This never gets easier coming upto one year next month. If I could change it all I would in a heartbeat. Love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

I'd ask him why
    Why why why

So sorry.

I am sometimes too angry to ask why. Does he realise the hurt he left behind

In my case, I simply think he was beyond reason which is so sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Dad I'm so sorry I never got to say goodbye.

It's been 15 years now and still I feel an emptiness inside.

I feel a bitterness sometimes to things that you should've been there to celebrate with me, my 18th, going for that first pint, passing my driving test, meeting my first girlfriend and eventually getting married to her.

I made so many mistakes immediately after you passed, I quit school in leaving cert year, got a job to support mam and the family, started smoking and closed my emotions off because no one understood how much of a hole you left.

I feel robbed, just when I was getting to know you best, you left and I was left to clean up the mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

3 months today my Ma passed away and would love to have a few more minutes with her to tell her how much I love and miss her so bad that it hurts.

I wish I could tell her that I wish I could have got over to the house quicker, to be with her and try to comfort her in her last few minutes with us. :(

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    3 months today my Ma passed away and would love to have a few more minutes with her to tell her how much I love and miss her so bad that it hurts.

I wish I could tell her that I wish I could have got over to the house quicker, to be with her and try to comfort her in her last few minutes with us. :(

She knew all that, and more. I promise you. :)

Love you mam. A year this month. Hope you're watching down on us. D doing well in school looks great. Just getting up work would love to stay in bed. Thinking of you always never far frpm my thoughts ever. Love you

You once said i was nobody's **** doll and that i should blast anyone who said i was. in your heavy accent and long dark cloak/coat...no one messed with you...but you were oh so kind to kind people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

You're with M now, no doubt belting out Sliabh na mBan! You didn't deserve this.

Advertisement