Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New development Somerton ,NewCastle Road,Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jigg79

LKJ80 wrote: »
    Hi All, 
    The post that was put up recently with the drone footage on you tube of Somerton at end of Dec was great to see...

From walking past the site last weekend, it looks like lots more has been done. If anyone knows of anymore drone footage or aerial shots can they post here......my curiosity is getting the better of me!! Only so much you can see through the fence!

https://youtu.be/lEEjcU5mHb8

• Registered Users Posts: 12 New2018

Hi all,
    Just wondering does anyone know when the show houses will be ready? We are hoping to buy in Phase 2 so are really keen to see what the houses look like.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LKJ80

New2018 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering does anyone know when the show houses will be ready? We are hoping to buy in Phase 2 so are really keen to see what the houses look like.
    Thanks

The latest I heard from Savills is that the Phase 2 launch will be at the end of March. Not sure if the show houses will be available to view before that though. Unless anyone else has heard anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

The youtube footage has a new update
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJbCqyM-_Rw

coming along nicely. I read somewhere that only 35 houses will launch in the next phase, from the footage it looks like most of those will be semi d's at the top end of the development (beside the park). They didn't launch at all in the last phase and I'm very curious what their price point will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

The last I got was early/mid March so looks like it's been pushed back again.

That's interesting about the 35 houses, where did you see that? I'd love to know which section is going on sale next!

• Advertisement

climber59 wrote: »
    The last I got was early/mid March so looks like it's been pushed back again.

That's interesting about the 35 houses, where did you see that? I'd love to know which section is going on sale next!

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-to-market/new-homes-schemes-in-south-dublin-1.3364123

The foundations for the houses 69 - 80 appear to be laid so I reckon they'll definitely be in the next phase. See attachment.

Oh yeah well spotted!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 grangegorman

Just wondering does anyone have a concern that the house in Somerton are timber frame and not traditional block built? Worried we would hear everything that your neighbour is doing....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HMcM

Somerton are launching their Show Village this March. Dates TBC.

Interested to know what the demand is like for semi-d’s!

Shackleton show homes are launching tomorrow.

Just wondering does anyone have a concern that the house in Somerton are timber frame and not traditional block built? Worried we would hear everything that your neighbour is doing....

I don't know enough personally but this is from the IT: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/timber-framed-vs-traditional-houses-which-are-better-1.2989886

• Advertisement

Prices are now up on Daft. Prices have gone up
    5 bed now 590
    4 bed detached 460
    4 bed semi d 430
    3 bed detached 370
    3 bed semi d 360
    3 bed terrace 325

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jzj

Hi All,

I am interested in Phase 2 of the Project.
    I read through the Planning Document for the Phase 2 and have some concerns regarding the below statements made on Page 5 of the document.

- It is also proposed to relocate the proposed Traveller Accommodation from Somerton to Tandy’s Lane so as to allow the Traveller Accommodation be closer to both the Primary School and Local Centre.

So, I understand there is a proposal to move the traveller accommodation. But does anyone know if this proposal has been accepted by the Planning Council? Please let me know if anyone has any more information on this.

- Although outside the boundaries of the Somerton Development Area, it is the client’s intention to develop
    the balance of the Airlie Stud lands adjoining, as part of the subject application for Somerton Phase 2.

Not sure what this means? What is planned to be developed at Airlie Stud Lands? and how far is this from the Somerton area.

Thanks a lot

Next launch will be 3rd March. I had registered to their mailing list and got nada. then saw the sign flashing on the daft website!

xalot wrote: »
    Next launch will be 3rd March. I had registered to their mailing list and got nada. then saw the sign flashing on the daft website!

Yep emailed them as soon as I saw that! They’re waiting on the site map of houses and say they’ll send an email by the end of the week.

Hi all, can I ask those who have bought in phase 1 what happens after initially paying the 10,000 booking fee when or if u needed to pay more soon after?
    We own a house already so will need to sell this house before we can hand over any other money. Hoping to stay here until house in phase 2 is nearly complete.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 grangegorman

So frustrating that the developer and selling agents won't release the site plans of the houses available in this phase. Its not like they don't know the last few months but have chosen to leave it until last minute. I feel like pulling out completely as they seem to be treating buyers with complete disregard. Pure greed

And the prices have gone up too 🙄😔

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Darraghm1886

Hi all really interested in purchasing in phase 2 next week. Does anyone have any idea what the queue system is gonna be like and where? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carpenter40

Hi all really interested in purchasing in phase 2 next week. Does anyone have any idea what the queue system is gonna be like and where? Cheers

Why would there be a queue? Are you trying to hype it, first phase didn't sell out, St Helens and Shackleton haven't sold out despite small releases. Houses look well but timber frame is a deal breaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

I don’t get any elements of “hyping” here, just a buyer who is anticipating a demand on what may be their preferred house type. Given there are only 46 houses in this release I genuinely do expect there to be a demand and if it were me buying a house in this second development I would be queuing. (And no, that’s not hype either).

• Advertisement

The Rook wrote: »
    I don’t get any elements of “hyping” here, just a buyer who is anticipating a demand on what may be their preferred house type. Given there are only 46 houses in this release I genuinely do expect there to be a demand and if it were me buying a house in this second development I would be queuing. (And no, that’s not hype either).

Small releases are a strategy, so too is creating queues, so too is keeping the sites available a secret until the day so too is increasing prices even by small amounts. You are never first in the q those with connections have already had their pick, you will be told that those sites have been reserved by the developer and he is entitled to do that. The q and hype means that the least attractive sites will be bought and people won't wait for the next release. I do understand why people feel the need to q but not for me to spend 400k with just minutes to select the site.

I get all that but to be honest there’s not much in the way of a veil of secrecy here. If people really wanted to see what’s available in Phase 2 you can just search under south Dublin county Council planning section and all the details are there.

I get all that but to be honest there’s not much in the way of a veil of secrecy here. If people really wanted to see what’s available in Phase 2 you can just search under south Dublin county Council planning section and all the details are there.

Alright relax there. Funny cas I was at St Helens this morning and all sold out. Hmm?
    Why would there be a queue? Are you trying to hype it, first phase didn't sell out, St Helens and Shackleton haven't sold out despite small releases. Houses look well but timber frame is a deal breaker for me.

Exactly my point mate.
    The Rook wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shinner1981

Carpenter40 , just wondering why are you on this thread if you are not interested in Somerton?

Carpenter40 , just wondering why are you on this thread if you are not interested in Somerton?

Did you create a profile just now to ask me that question that seems odd. Is that you Joe?

I'm very interested but Timber frame in any kind of a terrace is worrying. If you can afford a detached thats thw way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LKJ80

Hi All, Could anyone who bought in phase 1 tell me how long the 10k deposit holds the house for? I see that if you sign contracts within 21 days then you get the white goods etc, but aside from that, how long will the deposit allow you to hold the house for before you have to sign contracts?

Also to sign the contracts, do you need to have the full house deposit in your account. With phase 2 it looks closer to the end of the year before they will be ready which gives time for more savings etc, so just wondering how this works?

Thanks in advance

Hi All, Could anyone who bought in phase 1 tell me how long the 10k deposit holds the house for? I see that if you sign contracts within 21 days then you get the white goods etc, but aside from that, how long will the deposit allow you to hold the house for before you have to sign contracts?

Also to sign the contracts, do you need to have the full house deposit in your account. With phase 2 it looks closer to the end of the year before they will be ready which gives time for more savings etc, so just wondering how this works?

Thanks in advance

According to the email from Savills, the rest of the 10% deposit minus the €10k already paid will be due on signing of contracts. Judging by earlier posts in this thread, the contracts went out a month or 2 after paying the booking fee.

I know our mortgage advisor said that even if we were going for a new home which wouldn't be ready for months we'd still need the full funds to complete the sale to get full loan approval before signing the contracts. So that includes solicitors fees, stamp duty, etc. Even though we wouldn't need to pay it for 6/9 months, we'd have to have it before getting full loan approval if that makes sense. That could just be EBS but I imagine it's fairly standard.

Not a Phase 1 buyer by the way but I don't think there's many left on here so hopefully that info helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Macaroon

Thanks in advance

Hi....signed contracts about 2 - 2.5 months after putting down the deposit. Paid balance of 10% deposit upon signing contracts. As previous poster said, you need full mortgage approval from your bank for signing contracts so the bank really need to see that all funds are available. If they’re not available, talk to your bank or mortgage broker to see if you can get around it seeing as there would be a further 6-9mths savings. Good luck!

Advertisement