Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

Here, wondering where everyone else is..

I'm here.. Troops just gone out the door to school, everyone is tired so it was like a silent movie, just put on a load of washing.. lying on the bed here thinking about another day at the coalface and also the amount of housework I need to do.. Should just change my name to Cinderella.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hugs, tea and pastries for you.

It's a case of Stage 3 grumpies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Getting ready to head to the coalface :(

Can't be Monday already

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh yikes seems like a bad Monday, time to go for the big guns.. *makes a gallon of hot chocolate while ferrying baskets of pups and kittens to those in need*

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside in front of the iThingy hitting funny blue symbols on boards with my rubber pen.;)

Puter is warming up for the first wave of mails. Then i’ve to finish an official form for the LC, c&p my signature on it and send it via a virtual fax machine. Who except authorities is still using fax machines? :p

Pushing up my morals with another cup of lemon balm.:pac:

Can i get two kittens? No chocolate for me, thanks. :D

• Advertisement

Oh yikes seems like a bad Monday, time to go for the big guns.. *makes a gallon of hot chocolate while ferrying baskets of pups and kittens to those in need*

That's more like it.

Can I haz 3 puppies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Half asleep at the airport.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Half asleep at the airport.

Seems pillows might need to be added to my list..
    Nearly home, deciding whether or not to jump straight into bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That's more like it.

Can I haz 3 puppies

You couldn't need cheering up today after yesterday evening.....unless you're Jordan Pickford!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Waiting on a nine month old to arrive for a couple of days with Granda and Granny.😃

• Advertisement

You couldn't need cheering up today after yesterday evening.....unless you're Jordan Pickford!!!

Few beverages last night & end of month work fun & frolics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On the sofa watching Sabrina after writing up the piece about the drinking session, I was on yesterday. Feel ill, but its not drink related, have weird pains in my tummy since last night. :-(

Witchie wrote: »
    On the sofa watching Sabrina after writing up the piece about the drinking session, I was on yesterday. Feel ill, but its not drink related, have weird pains in my tummy since last night. :-(

I'm sending gripe water

• Registered Users Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Khartoum.... went out sightseeing but had an encounter with the military who refused to allow us walk down the street, so screw it, back to the hotel.

Excellent country, no foreign credit cards accepted, nor ATM's, so no impulse buys :)

Heading further south tonight, kinda disappointed as it will be at night so we won't get to enjoy the view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Few beverages last night & end of month work fun & frolics.

I went for a run, just out as far as the goalie and back!

Starting the planning for 3rd January now. Feck Santy, a win that day would be all I want for the new Year :)

Some sunshine outside the office window, cool but nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Made it up and out of the bed to go for a run. Ughhhh I don’t wanna :( was doing so well till I had to take a few days off over my ankle and now it’s so hard to go back

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Made it up and out of the bed to go for a run. Ughhhh I don’t wanna :( was doing so well till I had to take a few days off over my ankle and now it’s so hard to go back

After the run you will laugh at yourself and be delighted you done it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting the fire cleaned out and set, while the wee one goes for a walk with Granny.

Busy busy but having fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    After the run you will laugh at yourself and be delighted you done it :)

This is very true, I’m sitting here now and I’m delighted that I’ve got it over and done with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Hanoi, Vietnam. Home for Christmas in 3 weeks, getting excited

• Advertisement

Why did I agree to work 6 days :( I'm wrecked but on a plus some guy in an absolutely gorgeous Audi A8 3L Quattro parked beside me in the car park and I can't stop drooling over it :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Autosport wrote: »
    Why did I agree to work 6 days :( I'm wrecked but on a plus some guy in an absolutely gorgeous Audi A8 3L Quattro parked beside me in the car park and I can't stop drooling over it :D

What is the it in this scenario?

:)

What is the it in this scenario?

:)

The car :D

Autosport wrote: »
    The car :D

Please tell me you got a few pics of the car!

Just awake myself, pondering tea and some Netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

About to hop a netbook off the wall. The slowest thing I've ever used.

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    About to hop a netbook off the wall. The slowest thing I've ever used.

I'm not a tech expert, but I don't think that will improve the speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I'm not a tech expert, but I don't think that will improve the speeds.

Depends on how fast you throw it.

Was out for an afternoon walk, in the dark & snow! Then sauna & outside for a stand in the snow for few mins.....

Other people may have been outside for longer........!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

At the kitchen table, dinner done and I'm about to have a coffee. Thank god it arrived today, I was down to the last couple of pods.
    Mr Elliot is sporting a brand new pair of boots and he looks so grown up. Very much the little boy. He will probably never take a step in them but their go help get him standing and support his feet. You'd want to see me trying to stand him up in the shop. Lol. He was very good and smiled through it all. Course now he's realised that the kick hurts with the shoes he's putting a bit more effort into it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I remember one evening, about thirty years ago, before mobiles.
    We were sitting around the kitchen table at home eating, the phone rang, it was my dad, he was a lorry driver. Get Ted for me he told ma.
    I went to the phone, Ted says he, I need you to come and get me on the big tractor, I'm stuck in a hole in Corrawallen.
    I drove down there with the tractor and a big chain, about 15 miles, and pulled him out of the hole and all was well.
    Anyway, here I sit tonight, waiting on an electrician to finish putting in some lights in a garage so I can get home for my dinner and I'm starving and tired, in Corrawallen, in a hole so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement