Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

That Maurice McCabe programme was fairly powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Certainly was. Compelling viewing. He came across as being honest, telling his side.
    Looking at what he was accused of, glad I don’t have those problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Odelay wrote: »
    Certainly was. Compelling viewing. He came across as being honest, telling his side.
    Looking at what he was accused of, glad I don’t have those problems.

An amazing couple
    Some f.....g country this

wrangler wrote: »
    An amazing couple
    Some f.....g country this

Ah here, we do have our problems, I do agree, however I wouldn’t knock this country. We have a lot to be proud of and many is the time I think I won’t the lottery of life being born in Ireland.
    There aren’t many places in the world he would have gotten to tell his story like tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭148multi

It would make you wonder how many other Maurice McCabes out there, both inside and outside of the force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

148multi wrote: »
    It would make you wonder how many other Maurice McCabes out there, both inside and outside of the force.

Nearly the worst thing about all this is the fact that the GRA(Garda Union) never utter a word of support for the man or lifted a finger to help him. If that isn't a sign of a toxic culture in the AGS then I don't know what is!!:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭148multi

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Nearly the worst thing about all this is the fact that the GRA(Garda Union) never utter a word of support for the man or lifted a finger to help him. If that isn't a sign of a toxic culture in the AGS then I don't know what is!!:mad::(

What was it McCabes had hanging on the wall of their kitchen (silence is sanction).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Odelay wrote: »
    Ah here, we do have our problems, I do agree, however I wouldn’t knock this country. We have a lot to be proud of and many is the time I think I won’t the lottery of life being born in Ireland.
    There aren’t many places in the world he would have gotten to tell his story like tonight.

It's the lack of accountability, no one will go to jail and that taxpayers will pay for it all, there by encouraging it to happen again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Quick question. Do you need a red triangle thingy for the nct?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

No,not a requirement in Ireland,yet .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Quick question. Do you need a red triangle thingy for the nct?

No just a spare wheel I think. The triangle is compulsory for commercial vehicles

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Reggie. wrote: »
    No just a spare wheel I think. The triangle is compulsory for commercial vehicles

Is it? No mention of it when I put the Trooper through tbe test.
    It is required for Taxi's.
    (Only know that because I witnessed a taxi man have a furious row with the special taxi-tester in the local NCT centre)

He took the triangle out of the jeep with him just in case. If that's all it fails on it'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭jaymla627

wrangler wrote: »
    It's the lack of accountability, no one will go to jail and that taxpayers will pay for it all, there by encouraging it to happen again and again.

If the current government had any backbone they would leave Callaghan out to dry paying his own legal costs and stripping his pension, of course that’s fantasy land stuff, their has to be some type of legislation brought in where Gardai that commit perjury and convicted of it do jail time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Just got a quote there for insurance. Jeep and tractor fully comp, public liability and employers liability on farm policy for less than I was paying previously for just the jeep and tractor 3rd party f&t. Happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just got a quote there for insurance. Jeep and tractor fully comp, public liability and employers liability on farm policy for less than I was paying previously for just the jeep and tractor 3rd party f&t. Happy days :D
    Competition is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Who was it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

They were some bastards. Fair play to him. A man of principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Is it? No mention of it when I put the Trooper through tbe test.
    It is required for Taxi's.
    (Only know that because I witnessed a taxi man have a furious row with the special taxi-tester in the local NCT centre)

Not for the test but it's compulsory to carry one in a commercial vehicle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Bullocks wrote: »
    Who was it with?

Axa through Munster group. Had a fella out from Munster group to a discussion group meeting a few weeks ago and he was saying axa had started doing farm cover and were very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Axa through Munster group. Had a fella out from Munster group to a discussion group meeting a few weeks ago and he was saying axa had started doing farm cover and were very competitive.

Lad from munstergroup called to my house and saved me about 50€ a month in life insurance with slightly better payouts. That was in comparison to AIBs Irish life cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

I wonder would they beat my 2K for a landcruiser TPFT, only me driving, no claims in 30 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

In the Work & Jobs section of boards there's a post looking for tractor drivers for snowploughing if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Reggie. wrote: »

As far as I know ya don't need a spare wheel either. But if you have a spare wheel present for the test it must have legal tread.

As far as I know ya don't need a spare wheel either. But if you have a spare wheel present for the test it must have legal tread.

This is 100% correct. If the spare does not comply, remove it.

Triangle doesn't matter. Car passed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Base price wrote: »
    What dose did you use and when?

Univet multidose (levamisole) July and late October and they got Ivomec injection in September .

This type of stuff annoys me. €8.99 for one pack or 2 for €8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Me feeling sorry for myself! Had a cyst under the skin of my midriff removed this morning. Painkillers worn off now and its soooore! It got infected twice in short succession and docs decided that at the rate I was going I'd become immune to a particularly useful penicillen antibiotic so sliced and diced under local. Have I mentioned that it's sore????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement