Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Base price

That was a nerve wrecking last 10 minutes. I thought the All Blacks would get back at us. What a super performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Base price wrote: »
    That was a nerve wrecking last 10 minutes. I thought the All Blacks would get back at us. What a super performance.

It's great to have the rugby back on again, we've a brilliant team now.....should be a great year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Pity CTE will rob some of the players of the memories of this win in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

wrangler wrote: »
    It's great to have the rugby back on again, we've a brilliant team now.....should be a great year

Have never seen such an Irish performance, well done all round, they kept the all blacks looking like a b team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

I says wrote: »
    Pity CTE will rob some of the players of the memories of this win in years to come.

The true shame is breathing oxygen will eventually get them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Could you elaborate a bit?

Their concept was to create an app that shows you how much single use plastic you purchased and then over a period of time reward you via points on how much you reduce your consumption......that’s my understanding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Some contrast between the soccer and rugby teams atm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Great win and on home soil as well. The victory in Chicago just didn't 'do it' for me for some reason.
    I think it's a great game, tough etc, but the respect shown to penalty takers and respect to referee is exemplary. Can't see that happening in soccer.
    Can't understand why the 'foreign sport' brigade (as some regard rugby) not put any weight in the fact that it is a 32 county all Ireland team, one country, one team.
    Then maybe it's me is the b@!!@x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Muckit wrote: »
    Depends how good your aim is!

Id let a rattle at it anyway. Lots of scum profiling yards with them. A gunshot might tick the box to avoid your place. They wont want lead in the seat of their pants!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

If it's good enough for Rory McElroy's wedding?

http://www.alljammers.com/jammers-shop/drone-jammers.html

Gun might be cheaper though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It had gotten very overcast here in the evening but completely clear sky now. Something else in completely darkness to take in the night sky and the glory of all the stars.
    I saw Saturn through a cheap telescope a few years ago but it was clear enough to see the rings and one moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

_Brian wrote: »
    It had gotten very overcast here in the evening but completely clear sky now. Something else in completely darkness to take in the night sky and the glory of all the stars.
    I saw Saturn through a cheap telescope a few years ago but it was clear enough to see the rings and one moon.

I saw 2 full moons through the back window of the car in front of me at about 2am once without any telescope.:D
    Enough to put a body of astronomy for life

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We went to the local to watch the rugby. We came home at half time. Very very lucky that we did as the aga was on fire. I had clothes on it drying. My fault. But so so lucky. Some fright. 5 minutes later the house would have been gone

whelan2 wrote: »
    We went to the local to watch the rugby. We came home at half time. Very very lucky that we did as the aga was on fire. I had clothes on it drying. My fault. But so so lucky. Some fright. 5 minutes later the house would have been gone

Close call there !!

Has anyone put in a new aga or similar recently? How much are they. Damage to mine is only on the lids but it's getting old.

There’s a crowd in the north, they will take yours as a trade and supply new or refurbished cookers.

http://boyhillcookers.com/multi-fuel-cookers/reconditioned-aga/

There you go, they offer reconditioning and all that. Bought two stoves of them when we were building, easy to deal with then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

_Brian wrote: »
    There’s a crowd in the north, they will take yours as a trade and supply new or refurbished cookers.

http://boyhillcookers.com/multi-fuel-cookers/reconditioned-aga/

There you go, they offer reconditioning and all that. Bought two stoves of them when we were building, easy to deal with then.

think H & F do them as well

http://www.handfenterprises.ie/range-cookers/aga

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

orm0nd wrote: »

I got a reconditioned Stanley when I was doing up the parents house a few years ago off them. They were sound to deal with. I can't remember the prices but I was happy with the trade in price they gave for the old one considering how wore out it was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Does anyone have cattle/calves off the Red Angus ZEP. I have a beautiful red heifer that is a pure torture. Her mother is like a lamb so is last year's heifer. She is like (sorry all Lim breeders!) the maddest of Limos. I took the opportunity to pour-on all this morning seeing as it was nice and dry and she tried to go through my and OH for a short cut a couple of times. Managed to dose her because she 'accidently' ran up the crush and the backing bar dropped behind her with the force she hit the end gate! Minute she is herd tested after Christmas she will be out the gate. I'm very disappointed as she was earmarked to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Got the loan of a clippers for the calves. But wasn't told that the tension knob needs to be really tightened or it loosens itself. Spent bloody ages looking for this all around the silage & feeding area :o

DsT0K70XgAYs6j5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

emaherx I'm never going to show that to my ould lad cause he'll never get new wellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭emaherx

ganmo wrote: »
    emaherx I'm never going to show that to my ould lad cause he'll never get new wellies!

Feckin Dunlops seem to last no time these days before they split. Need to order some alternatives so what's the better options out there? Muck Boots?

Had to patch them or I'd only be buying the exact same replacements tomorrow in the local farm store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It's important to keep your priorities warm.

20181118-204856.jpg

It's important to keep your priorities warm.

20181118-204856.jpg

Watch it doesn't go on fire :) on a serious note, alway had a fire blanket beside my cooker. Used it last night. Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms all went off, we just weren't in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Pod123

Good documentary on channel 4.
    Interview of tony Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Got the loan of a clippers for the calves. But wasn't told that the tension knob needs to be really tightened or it loosens itself. Spent bloody ages looking for this all around the silage & feeding area :o

DsT0K70XgAYs6j5.jpg
    Clippers have a tensioning screw which is encased by a spring that maintains the tension. I would have thought that you would have come across this with the horses.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Pod123 wrote: »
    Good documentary on channel 4.
    Interview of tony Martin

''That's how things are boy''

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Clippers have a tensioning screw which is encased by a spring that maintains the tension. I would have thought that you would have come across this with the horses.

I've only used them once or twice in my life :o Came across them with the horses all right but rarely was the one clipping. Plus if it's mechanical at all in form, it goes in one ear & out the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

whelan2 wrote: »
    Watch it doesn't go on fire :) on a serious note, alway had a fire blanket beside my cooker. Used it last night. Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms all went off, we just weren't in the house.

Thank god you did. What caught on fire on the aga btw?

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Thank god you did. What caught on fire on the aga btw?

A bath towel. Also lost a super dry hoody, some running gear and a regatta coat. Could have been so much worse. Spent yesterday washing walls. Bought a new fire blanket too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement