Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

RMAOK wrote: »
    Tbh, the price/value of the car is irrelevant. To you, it's priceless ATM - think how awkward things are when you don't have it. Ring the mechanic

Rang him anyway, he said it’ll be done by half 5.

Which leads into my next TA, I have class at 5, so half 5 will obviously be too late for me to leave meaning I’ll have to get the bus anyway. But I’ll have the car back so I’ll stop complaining :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

lbc2019 wrote: »
    IT Helpdesks
    Feeling is mutual :)

Did he say what it was Kitty?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Online news websites that report tweets. They show a screen shot of the tweet and repeat the tweet in quotation marks in the report text. I know, ultra trivial but it's just such a waste of precious space.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Someone mentioned before that that's for the benefit of Visually Impaired people who make use of screen readers (which can decypher text but not images) - it made sense, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Reading some posts on this site and being like “yeah.. that never happened”
    More amusing than annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

RMAOK wrote: »
    Damn right - more often than not "annoying them" usually gets it done quicker. If the mechanic thinks you'll accept being without the car for a few days, he'll leave it to one side so he can work on others.

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I'm so disappointed I'm not having a snow day at home with the wee one and enjoying her first experience of snow with her. Especially since she loves Frozen. I even said to her, when I put her in her high chair this morning, that line from it "do you want to build a snowman?" and her face lit up. I'm actually devastated I'm not at home making a snowman with the wee one :(

TA that my "baby" is now a 25 year old man and I can't really take him outside to enjoy the snow :(

TA that my eldest son and my daughter both thought it would be hilarious to send me pics of the beautiful, hot, sunny weather they are enjoying in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Fcuking toothache :( feel like getting a pliers and pulling it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

People putting ketchup on their eggs. Gets me everytime. I find it hard enough to stomach eggs but when someone does that, I cant even look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Did he say what it was Kitty?

Brake cylinder and a shoe or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Did you try turning it off and on again? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

js35 wrote: »
    Fcuking toothache :( feel like getting a pliers and pulling it myself

Swishing vanilla extract around like a mouthwash is actually really good for taking the pain out of a toothache. It contains ethanol and won't sting the tooth like some mouthwashes will.

TA that I put my 8 hour heat wrap on my back too late in the day so when the 8 hours are up it will be half two in the morning when I have to take it off. Or I'll have to take it off early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Fcuking German, the cases, the grammar, the word order. Gah, why didn't I marry an Irish person? :P

You just need subtitles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not really trivial but was flipping a steak burger with a knife I was cooking in the foreman grill and I must have flipped too much or something because it ended up in the sink next too where the grill is into a dirty dish of water .

*cross face*

No dinner tonight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Fcuking German, the cases, the grammar, the word order. Gah, why didn't I marry an Irish person? :P

Verdammt noch mal !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

because it ended up in the sink next too where the grill is into a dirty dish of water .

*cross face*

No dinner tonight :rolleyes:

You could have invoked the 5 second rule...:pac:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I still remember the lists of prepositions, no idea what rule they are for though

An, auf, hinter, in, neben, vor, Uber, Unter, zwischen

Aus, bei, mit, nach, seit, von, zu, gegenuber

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You could have invoked the 5 second rule...:pac:

Not really CH, as it was a dirty dish of water used to wash my dads feet

*puke*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Verdammt noch mal !

Oh thank you for the new phrase, I didn't know it :D I have lots of German curse words but they're a bit more bold than that :P

• Advertisement

Not really CH, as it was a dirty dish of water used to wash my dads feet

*puke*

Cheeseburger? :pac::pac::pac:

New Home wrote: »
    Cheeseburger? :pac::pac::pac:

Huh?

8f1224317e77fedb47b7912c3e1af1b4.gif

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

<snip>

Mod: There's a Helpdesk and Feedback forum for this kind of thing. Don't do it here

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

cant get text received reports with free webtext

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Oh thank you for the new phrase, I didn't know it :D I have lots of German curse words but they're a bit more bold than that :P

Or you could cheat a little bit...from time to time with...

https://www.deepl.com/en/translator

471773.jpeg

Nichts zu danken.You are welcome...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yes :)
    That's sh*te, is there HR involved, is it a fair dismissal?
    The boss didn't even have the balls to fire her himself, he had the HR manager do it for him.

abff wrote: »
    That's anything but trivial.

Sounds totally unfair and it sounds like they didn't follow any disciplinary procedures prior to termination. Definitely worth looking into whether she has a case for unfair dismissal.

Unfortunately she had only started the job last May and they had kept extending her probation due to 'performance issues'. Fair enough if she was only getting used to the job and was making mistakes, that always happens in a new place and especially when you're given no training (as in her case). But when they extended it again before Christmas I told her that was unheard of unless she was a gibbering mess who couldn't type her own name on a computer. I got a feeling then that they were setting the stage for letting her go because the list of nonsense they gave her to "work on and improve" was just ridiculous. Eg: not conveying a sense of urgency in her work. And asking too many questions. Nothing quantifiable. So while I think it's dodgy as hell, the fact that she was on probation means I don't think she would have a leg to stand on at this point. And who would want to work for nutbags like that anyway? It's just put her in such a ****ty situation. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Someone from the US just wished me a happy St. Bridget's Day on a dating app as an intro. Block.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Galentine's Day has been hijacked by the marketeers

471776.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I plugged in my electric blanket, but never turned it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Was playing a videogame the other day with my nephews (9&10). I went to pick a car from the garage in the game, various different cars of many different colours. I said "I'll pick this black one". They both turned to me and said "you can't say that, that's racist". What? How else can I describe the car. He picked the red one. My brain just melted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement