Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Why would you use a virtual card with Amazon, only time I use my virtual cards is for one off transactions with websites that I wouldn’t generally use very often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Why would you use a virtual card with Amazon, only time I use my virtual cards is for one off transactions with websites that I wouldn’t generally use very often.

Revolut provides physical, virtual and disposable virtual.

I use my virtual card for all online transactions, I don’t use the physical card for anything online.

Revolut provides physical, virtual and disposable virtual.

I use my virtual card for all online transactions, I don’t use the physical card for anything online.

A virtual card is no dissimilar to your physical card thou, regardless whether is virtual or physical it’s still attached to your account. I haven’t used my physical card in months as I only use Apple Pay now. The disposable virtual cards are brilliant thou and I do use them quite a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

The redesign is utter ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Mr.S wrote: »
    Since when are (premium?) cards branded as Visa "Infinite" and actually debit cards vs prepaid? Surely they pay a bit extra to use the Infinite branding, but it doesn't actually give the end user any benefit?

Although the move to proper debit is useful as they should now work with offline terminals, right?

All the Revolut cards have been Debit cards for quite a while now, most still marked Debit prepaid.

I'm not sure, if the plastic cards are Infinite now, but the metal ones are.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Aren't all revolut cards prepaid

Mr.S wrote: »
    My premium card is marked as Infinite and Debit, not prepaid.

The proper Debit I can understand, but what’s the point of Infinite if it doesn’t give any benefit?! (I assume they pay Visa extra for it). Just curious!

Seems they changed the Premium ones, too, then. And yes, the removal of the prepaid tagging is a good one. The previous ones were tagged Visa Platinium Debit Prepaid.

The one annoying thing still, is that the Visa cards are coded for UK, while the Mastercard Metal cards are coded for Ireland.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

_Godot_ wrote: »
    The redesign is utter ****e.

I can't for the life of me find my vaults in the redesign....

budhabob wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me find my vaults in the redesign....

C8-B5-E59-E-4-DDB-490-B-955-D-C1-FB340139-FF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

The new design is awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Looks awful! I still haven't updated since they got rid of the swipe system for going through currencies, it's also a massive size for an app at 433MB :eek: It used to be peanuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Lads trying to get paid from someone to my new revolut account and they say my Iban is not being accepted on their end. Anyone had similar? It's says euro but Iban is GB, altough that shouldn't matter should it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Lads trying to get paid from someone to my new revolut account and they say my Iban is not being accepted on their end. Anyone had similar? It's says euro but Iban is GB, altough that shouldn't matter should it?

Have they tried with no spaces?

..Brian.. wrote: »

Are you sure, that you have that right ? Revolut used to start with GB27 not GB62. Unless they have you on a different system of course.

The currency of the account does not matter to SEPA. SEPA will just transfer in EUR. If the account is a different currency, the receiving bank converts it.

If that GB62 is correct, try and contact support. Might be something that isn't updated across banks yet.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Are you sure, that you have that right ? Revolut used to start with GB27 not GB62. Unless they have you on a different system of course.

The currency of the account does not matter to SEPA. SEPA will just transfer in EUR. If the account is a different currency, the receiving bank converts it.

If that GB62 is correct, try and contact support. Might be something that isn't updated across banks yet.

/M

My Revolut Iban starts with GB38

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I've GB14

Or RevoGB21

The same for eur, USD and CAD

Notice the UK one has an actual sort code and account number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Have they tried with no spaces?

Yes try remove spaces. I had this issue with AIB last week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The 3rd and 4th digits of an IBAN is a checksum so will differ from account to account.

Have amazon got a different policy for charging Revolut cards? I’ve noticed on all my recent orders that the money is being taken straight away after paying but as things start to dispatch it still says in the dispatch notice: “you have only been charged for the items dispatched in this delivery”.

I much prefer all the money being taken straight away of course so I’m happy with this change.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

The vast majority of my purchases over the years have been debited at point of order with only 1 or 2 debited upon dispatch. This is regardless of payment method used.

People have often told me it's unusual but that's been my experience.

• Advertisement

Have amazon got a different policy for charging Revolut cards? I’ve noticed on all my recent orders that the money is being taken straight away after paying but as things start to dispatch it still says in the dispatch notice: “you have only been charged for the items dispatched in this delivery”.

I much prefer all the money being taken straight away of course so I’m happy with this change.

EU consumer protection law actually requires them not to charge you until they ACTUALLY dispatch. In Germany for example this is taken very seriously. Other countries may be a bit more lax about.

As Amazon works across then entire world, they may have implemented things a bit more compliant than needed for some countries. Easier the handle it that way for them.

I generally don't get charged by them until the order is processing, but I'm using Curve with Amazon, so that may be different again.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

My revolut app updated over night on Android and now for the life of me I cant find my vaults. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Marlow wrote: »
    EU consumer protection law actually requires them not to charge you until they ACTUALLY dispatch. In Germany for example this is taken very seriously. Other countries may be a bit more lax about.

As Amazon works across then entire world, they may have implemented things a bit more compliant than needed for some countries. Easier the handle it that way for them.

I generally don't get charged by them until the order is processing, but I'm using Curve with Amazon, so that may be different again.

/M

Anytime I’ve used curve it’s taken the payment straight away too (or within 10mins of ordering anyway).

It’s a long time now since I remember an order being charged at a later time.

It’s a bit of a crazy rule that by the EU, I think it should be the other way around that you are charged straight away as it’s much handier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I was checking the price for a disposable virtual card on Saturday and was able to add one to my account for free. There was a fee to add one previously, not sure if this is just my account but worth a try if you don’t already have one. You can cancel if it shows a fee.

I was checking the price for a disposable virtual card on Saturday and was able to add one to my account for free. There was a fee to add one previously, not sure if this is just my account but worth a try if you don’t already have one. You can cancel if it shows a fee.

My app won't create a virtual card. I get an error message saying to try later. Gave it a test there, its been like that for two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

markc1184 wrote: »
    My revolut app updated over night on Android and now for the life of me I cant find my vaults. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

On iOS its in the wealth screen and its on the top along side stocks and crypto, could be different on android.

Thanks for pointing this out, was the same for me they alway wanted 5.99 for a disposable virtual card but added now for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

My app won't create a virtual card. I get an error message saying to try later. Gave it a test there, its been like that for two months.

How many cards do you currently have?

I was told that you can add a virtual card as long as you have "less than 5 active cards" on your account. I currently have 6 active cards so I would need to delete 2 in order to be able to create a new virtual card. {I'm not sure if this limit is the same for every user). 2 of my cards are virtual ones but I was trying to add a disposable one to the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

markc1184 wrote: »

??? Post864

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

msmx5 wrote: »
    How many cards do you currently have?

I was told that you can add a virtual card as long as you have "less than 5 active cards" on your account. I currently have 6 active cards so I would need to delete 2 in order to be able to create a new virtual card. {I'm not sure if this limit is the same for every user). 2 of my cards are virtual ones but I was trying to add a disposable one to the mix.

why would you need 6 cards?

Advertisement