Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭appledrop

Fantastic view of Venus out West now. Nice night for viewing.

Yep we spotted it aswell this evening. My little boy loves looking up what planets/stars he can see in the sky on phone app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭20silkcut

appledrop wrote: »
    Yep we spotted it aswell this evening. My little boy loves looking up what planets/stars he can see in the sky on phone app.

Is that the really bright star in the South western sky.
    Often see it and it looks almost like an LED light on a clear night.

20silkcut wrote: »
    Is that the really bright star in the South western sky.
    Often see it and it looks almost like an LED light on a clear night.

Yep really really bright. Cant miss it as unlike any other + kinda twinkles like an led light.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

What app is that ? I have a telescope packed away in the attic
    May as well break it out !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The ISS is also back in our skies from tonight.tonights pass at 8.21 can be seen low in the South west sky. Better passes over the next few evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a beautiful day for a walk, going to head out soon and enjoy the lovely weather and escape the news media for a few hours, that isn't doing any of us any good for more than 30 minutes a day at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Gloriously sunny day here in Limk. Got to wash down my paving at the rear of the house and tidy some pots and prune a few shrubs. The normally busy road at my front is very quiet, eerily so, but relaxing in a strange sort of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy day in cork city again but at least its dry. About 9 degrees

km79 wrote: »
    What app is that ? I have a telescope packed away in the attic
    May as well break it out !

I haven't it clue it's on my husband phone but will find our for you. Its really cool. You have the app open then point it up into the sky(through window is fine) + it will tell you all the stars/planets in sky in front of you + you can move it around.

Obviously we cant see them all but if you have a telescope that would be brilliant + you could see much more.

Got in lovely walk again this evening. It was beautiful out there today in sunshine but brrrr cold with the wind.

• Advertisement

Got in lovely walk again this evening. It was beautiful out there today in sunshine but brrrr cold with the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Some lovely colour in the sky out west this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Goldfinch8 wrote: »
    Some lovely colour in the sky out west this evening.

Even in the east, it was fantastic.

https://twitter.com/SryanBruen/status/1241077384121585670?s=20

Unreal colours here aswell all different hues of purple+ red

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Took this shot about 12.45 today back in the Maharees Co Kerry looking towards Brandon Pt probably a short time after the NASA Sat Pic below. Lovely day, sunny and cool in the NNE breeze until early afternoon.

vVfWhod.jpg?1

8SQireb.png?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Weak front moving into cold air mass might give a bit of dusting to Mountain tops in the SW early morning and later in the W. Might fall as sleet on hills and higher ground .

pointrosee_uk_mby5.png

CcPtFE5.png

lCwXeCG.gif

anim_kxw4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

Amazing colour in the sky this evening from my front driveway, lovely to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Been a beautiful few days in Donegal as well, definitely helps raise the spirits a bit, lets hope it continues for a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

I agree, the weather has helped to lift the spirits alright.
    A pic below of Nephin and Bireen Corragh in the spring sunshine this afternoon. The day was nicely rounded off as some of the previous posters photos have shown by a beautiful splash of evening colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I haven't it clue it's on my husband phone but will find our for you. Its really cool. You have the app open then point it up into the sky(through window is fine) + it will tell you all the stars/planets in sky in front of you + you can move it around.

Obviously we cant see them all but if you have a telescope that would be brilliant + you could see much more.

Sounds like 'SkyView'. I have it on my phone and it's pretty cool.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Baltic wind out there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Well theres no lovely colours in the sky now..back to reality;)...here in Galway anyway...SUNDAY/MONDAY look good dry/sunny in most places mild enough 11/12 degrees..not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Properly cold out there today in that wind alright. Shame as it would be a great day if we had a bit of humidity.

I'm just back from a walk and stuck the heating on full blast!

North Kildare.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very chilly today and no sun to be seen at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Wet and feeling very cold even though theres no wind...Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cold and wet in the west this afternoon

2pm
    Claremorris 4 degrees
    Knock 4 degrees
    Mace head 4 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Goldfinch8 wrote: »
    I agree, the weather has helped to lift the spirits alright.
    A pic below of Nephin and Bireen Corragh in the spring sunshine this afternoon. The day was nicely rounded off as some of the previous posters photos have shown by a beautiful splash of evening colour.

I was over there that way last week. It really is a lovely spot. You picked a great place to live in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Я знаю, що ми будемо там
    Я знаю, що туман буде розсіюватися

Існує лише один етап за іншим.
    Нова точка, нова шкала.
    Серед різноманіття карт
    Я знаю, все не буде Це.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cloudy, cold but dry in meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Decided to do a bit of tree pruning in the garden earlier, managed to stay warm enough but definitely not a day for sitting around outside.

Advertisement