Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭pad199207

Clouding over now with rain not far away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭pauldry

Rained all day in Sligo with wind. Rain not as heavy as February though. Tomorrow is another wet one after a dry morning in West. East dry most of day

Temp divide too 6 in Malin 15 in Oak Park

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭appledrop

We got out for good walk today. It was very breezy but not too cold.

Really benefited from it + made sure we went to quite part of local demese so no one near us.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Cloudy but bright start to the day in Dublin 16.

Off to find some socially distant fun/activities and may have a small driveway parade!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Nice morning grand and mild

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

So is the nice weather we were supposed to have this week not happening now? Met Eireann etc just show bad weather for the week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Happy St Patricks Day from Kerry, enjoying a late breakfast, mist clearing and sun peaking in and out, feeling mild at 12.7C

You'll never beat the Irish :D

23RnelX.jpg?1

yZLbZVi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So is the nice weather we were supposed to have this week not happening now? Met Eireann etc just show bad weather for the week.

There will be some rain at times mostly in the east and south from Wednesday onwards, but there will be a lot of dry weather in other parts of the country. Although, it won't be warm by any means, especially on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Very heavy rain here in Dublin 5. Looking at the radar it looks like what people here tend to call a "squall line"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy falls of rain here this evening in Kildare with a marked drop in temperatures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

From met eireann
    The max temperature recorded today St.PatricksDay was 15.8°C at Phoenix Park in Dublin.
    Also, note the sudden drop in temperatures this evening as a cold front moved through. A 5 degree drop in 1 hour.

West was best today,Belmullet had over 8 hours of sunshine and in that sunshine Newport got up to 11 degrees. I noted that there is a bit of growth beginning to show itself.

Managed to get out for nice walk this evening. It was cold today but very little wind so for me that was actually more pleasant than St. Patrick's day when very windy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

been a fairly decent week in Meath so far, plenty of dry weather over the past week too. Ground still saturated but it is slowly starting to get dryer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Not surprising in current circumstances but I don`t think I have ever seen the weather forums so quiet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Not surprising in current circumstances but I don`t think I have ever seen the weather forums so quiet.

I can guarantee you most websites are taking major hits right now except for social media and CV news related services, however after a while I think traffic will begin to recover once the cv fatigue really sets in.

And on a weather note mid March to mid May doesn't give much extremes for cold/snow or dry and hot.

It is quiet alright. I'm just thankfully that it has stayed mainly dry since this crisis started as I think I'd crack up if I did get out each day for some fresh air + chance to forgot about it all for an hour or so.

appledrop wrote: »
    It is quiet alright. I'm just thankfully that it has stayed mainly dry since this crisis started as I think I'd crack up if I did get out each day for some fresh air + chance to forgot about it all for an hour or so.

my walks of the past few days have been great, nice fresh air and dry, live in the country so not many people around. Of course i've spent a good bit of time reading the enormous threads but the amount of misinformation there is just making me read it everyday less and less.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

A lovely bright morning here near Castlebar. There was a nice grass frost earlier on. Spring in the air. Should be a nice break time for the home schooled children.

beautiful day here in Meath, sunny, crisp and dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »
    beautiful day here in Meath, sunny, crisp and dry.

Long may this dry, crisp weather continue. Very important for those of us who are self isolating meaning we can at least get out for a walk.

esposito wrote: »
    Long may this dry, crisp weather continue. Very important for those of us who are self isolating meaning we can at least get out for a walk.

it's looking pretty good over the next week with very little rain. End of March and beginning of April do look a bit more unsettled but still considerably dryer than what we have been used to over the past 7 months.

Lots of lawnmowers on the go !

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Great drying out !

Lots of lawnmowers on the go !

It will be a while before I can even begin to cut mine and the mower will struggle. Grass hasn't been cut since 1st week of September and it's incredibly long and wild in places, ground is still soaking too, slowly but surely it's an improving situation.

You will get there next week Gonzo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Happy Spring equinox :)

Milky sun at best sort of day in the Deise.

Another cold day but again not much wind.

One small silver lining in all this is getting to put out a line of washing everyday as at home + can keep an eye on it if it rains.

Very busy with work today so only a quick walk to shops but was still nice to be out.

Fantastic view of Venus out West now. Nice night for viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Not a bad day in Cork City. Dry all day and bits of sun at times in between the cloud. Cold again tonight with cloud around but in the breaks can see venus in the west as Oscar Bravo mentioned above and its gorgeous!

Advertisement