Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
30-03-2020, 11:57   #391
sniper_samurai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
Have to say anime streaming is becoming too fragmented, you need to be subscribed to 5 services, Crunchyroll, Funimation Now, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Hi-Dive, to get everything legally. Doesn't help when companies drop series like Interspecies Reviewers, if CR or Hi-Dive had that it wouldn't have been dropped.
sniper_samurai is offline  
Advertisement
30-03-2020, 12:00   #392
megaten
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,629
I would just switch services every few months but I also use Crunchyroll for a handful of manga series that still get updated on their old manga app.
megaten is offline  
30-03-2020, 12:08   #393
Evade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_samurai View Post
Have to say anime streaming is becoming too fragmented, you need to be subscribed to 5 services, Crunchyroll, Funimation Now, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Hi-Dive, to get everything legally. Doesn't help when companies drop series like Interspecies Reviewers, if CR or Hi-Dive had that it wouldn't have been dropped.
Most of the don't get enough exclusives to warrant paying for more than one. I scrolled through Funimation's catalogue and only found five or six anime that I wanted to watch that weren't already on Crunchyroll, two of which I'd already seen and wanted to rewatch.
Evade is offline  
30-03-2020, 12:17   #394
sniper_samurai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evade View Post
Most of the don't get enough exclusives to warrant paying for more than one. I scrolled through Funimation's catalogue and only found five or six anime that I wanted to watch that weren't already on Crunchyroll, two of which I'd already seen and wanted to rewatch.
Funimation had more series than CR for the winter season. Expect all the Aniplex stuff to be either exclusive to Funimation or have a 4 week delay on other services like this season going forward due to both companies being owned by different subsidiaries of Sony.
sniper_samurai is offline  
30-03-2020, 13:19   #395
Cotts72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,195
There's other ways of viewing them all at once if you've access to fire sticks or android boxes
Cotts72 is offline  
Advertisement
30-03-2020, 13:21   #396
sniper_samurai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotts72 View Post
There's other ways of viewing them all at once if you've access to fire sticks or android boxes
There are always other ways, discussion about piracy is not welcome here though nor should it be.
sniper_samurai is offline  
30-03-2020, 14:20   #397
Varik
Registered User
 
Varik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,405
Saw a movie over the weekend for the first time, never heard of it before but watched "Sword of the Stranger" from 2007 by Bones and the animation and combat in it is outstanding. Bones do My Hero Academia and Fullmetal Alchamist to name 2 and that gives an idea about it.

Bloody enough so not one for the kids.

Rights went down the drain but Funimation picked it up again so it got a blu ray release, also Amazon prime and Microsoft but only for the US.

Trailer also give too much away.
Varik is offline  
30-03-2020, 14:27   #398
sniper_samurai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varik View Post
Saw a movie over the weekend for the first time, never heard of it before but watched "Sword of the Stranger" from 2007 by Bones and the animation and combat in it is outstanding. Bones do My Hero Academia and Fullmetal Alchamist to name 2 and that gives an idea about it.

Bloody enough so not one for the kids.

Rights went down the drain but Funimation picked it up again so it got a blu ray release, also Amazon prime and Microsoft but only for the US.

Trailer also give too much away.
Anime Limited have it here, great film it is 15 rated here. Don't think it is streaming anywhere here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sword-Stran...s%2C153&sr=8-1
sniper_samurai is offline  
31-03-2020, 11:27   #399
sniper_samurai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
Kaguya Season 2 will also be shown on Crunchyroll, on a 4 week delay.
sniper_samurai is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
31-03-2020, 11:31   #400
Evade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,397
I'll watch it there so. Anime streaming would be so much better if all exclusives were just a 4 week delay.
Evade is offline  
31-03-2020, 11:49   #401
sniper_samurai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evade View Post
I'll watch it there so. Anime streaming would be so much better if all exclusives were just a 4 week delay.
That's not how rights work. Aniplex stuff usually ended up simulcasting on CR, Funi and Hi-Dive, now that Sony HQ are making Sony Music(Aniplex) and Sony Pictures Television(Funimation) play nice they're all just going to Funi and delayed on other services if they're not exclusive. The only exclusion to this is SAO as the contracts were signed before this took effect.
sniper_samurai is offline  
31-03-2020, 11:57   #402
Evade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_samurai View Post
That's not how rights work.
I know.
Evade is offline  
06-04-2020, 22:54   #403
CastorTroy
Registered User
 
CastorTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,555
Seems dubs are falling way behind now. While funimation advertise simuldubs, it fell behind, at least with My Hero Academia. First time it fell an episode behind was supposedly due to the first movie. Then the second movie caused another episode or 2 delay. Now the season is finished with 5 episodes undubbed, due to the virus.
Other shows affected by the virus as well
https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020...asts-on-track/
CastorTroy is offline  
07-04-2020, 04:15   #404
Potential-Monke
Registered User
 
Potential-Monke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evade View Post
Watching Zero first is a bit like watching the Star Wars prequels first. I'd start with Unlimited Blade Works.
Damn that was good. Bit slow in places, but really good. I could see the ufotable talent at play, some scenes reminded me of Demon Slayer. Had I not watched the first few episodes of Zero, I would have been more lost for a while, and I might have ruined Saber and her background a bit. Endgame was awesome, and didn't cop the "big reveal" until shortly before it. I'm obviously not as sharp as Saber or Rin.

Had a google, and I think I'll finish Zero next, and then Stay/Night?
Potential-Monke is offline  
Thanks from:
07-04-2020, 10:08   #405
sniper_samurai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
Damn that was good. Bit slow in places, but really good. I could see the ufotable talent at play, some scenes reminded me of Demon Slayer. Had I not watched the first few episodes of Zero, I would have been more lost for a while, and I might have ruined Saber and her background a bit. Endgame was awesome, and didn't cop the "big reveal" until shortly before it. I'm obviously not as sharp as Saber or Rin.

Had a google, and I think I'll finish Zero next, and then Stay/Night?
Stay/ Night is the Saber route covering the same overarching story as UBW, the third route Heavens Feel is being made as three movies with the last to still be released. Word of warning but Heavens Feel is a lot darker.
sniper_samurai is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet