Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Admirable from Zion but it's fcuking embarrassing that the 19 year old kid is doing that while the billionaire owner stays silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Admirable from Zion but it's fcuking embarrassing that the 19 year old kid is doing that while the billionaire owner stays silent.

most of these sports owners are so far removed from the everyday persons reality the thought of helping wouldn’t even cross their mind

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

KD has tested positive, along with 3 other unnamed Nets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,954 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Knicks always leading the way. Owner positive for Coronavirus, first major sports owner reporting.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28966720/knicks-owner-james-dolan-tests-positive-coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Rather than setting up a new thread just wondering is their anywhere decent to buy nba jerseys? Looking at picking up a pelicans top or 2 will I just have to go nba store? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Always hard to know who is actually carrying jerseys here, not sure where you're located either. Quick Google gave the below. May be best to stick with the NBA Store/Fanatics.

JD - Have a Zoom Jersey and team cap.
    Elverys - Only NO top is a Davis one by the looks of it. They have a lot of out of date stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah think it's better to just do it on the nba store i guess. I'm dublin by the way should have said. Thanks anyways

Buy from the EU store btw it you’ll be hit with customs and excise tax and duties if you buy from the US store and your total is more than $140.

Also check the fanatics UK store, there can be bargains there at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

If the season is scrapped, does anyone know if they still intend to award MVP, DPOTY etc? It feels like enough of the season has been played to be able to give out the awards.

Doesn't seem to have been something that has been brought up, they seem more interested in organising 2K and HORSE tournaments.

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to have been something that has been brought up, they seem more interested in organising 2K and HORSE tournaments.

I guess if you're scrapping the season, it's somewhat consistent to scrap the awards aswell but that would be a shame. Hopefully when the HORSE extravaganza is over, they might clarify.

They aren't going to clarify individual awards over the season.

No player will want an award for an incomplete season as it will always have an asterisk associated with it.

They aren't going to clarify individual awards over the season.

No player will want an award for an incomplete season as it will always have an asterisk associated with it.

You're likely right about whether they'll award it, but I think the players who would win in this scenario would get over it quickly enough. They've already played more games than in the 99 lockout and not far off the games played in the most recent one.

Totally different scenarios in my opinion. With the lockouts they knew before the season started that they had X number of games that they were all playing, a season being called now and awarding individual trophies when you can't award a winning team will lead to them never being viewed the same.

Totally different scenarios in my opinion. With the lockouts they knew before the season started that they had X number of games that they were all playing, a season being called now and awarding individual trophies when you can't award a winning team will lead to them never being viewed the same.

It's not totally different, it's somewhat different but arguably not different enough to scrap the whole thing in my opinion. The players were aware the 80% of the season played to date makes up the vast majority of the sample size for the awards. Take ROTY, Zion might have done something crazy over the remainder of the season that puts him in contention for the award but what about Ja Morant and what he's done over the season. No award ceremony seems more unfair to Ja than Zion.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,511 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The rookie awards have to be given out
    You only get one chance at those.
    I don't see any issues with all the player awards being given out. We already had the all-star weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Gar Forman fired by the Bulls after 156 years in his job.
    Karnisovas throwing shade at him straight away

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/1249751357965426690

I listened to a pod with Karnisovas at some stage maybe last year (?), smart dude.

Oldest man in the world.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Oldest man in the world.

What?

What?

Joke, look how long he said he's had the job.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Joke, look how long he said he's had the job.

Ah...ok.

Interesting, can't believe he's still only 28.

https://www.si.com/mma/2020/04/13/royce-white-takes-on-mma

Gar Forman fired by the Bulls after 156 years in his job.
    Karnisovas throwing shade at him straight away

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/1249751357965426690

tenor.gif?itemid=16514944

Can't remember the last time we had good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Cheers I hadn't noticed that they moved the release date up. Last I checked it was down for June/July release

That’s great and I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised it’s being shown here, was gearing up to watch on kodi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Just got through the first 2 parts. I'm sure nobody reading this forum needs any encouragement to watch it but I'll give it my recommendation anyway!

Edit:Sorry for dragging thread off topic, just remembered this is the 19/20 thread.

• Advertisement

Whoever was responsible for the captions, take a bow.

EWBV3ZmUYAIHDg-?format=jpg&name=360x360

EWE4d6CU0AEKv_t?format=jpg&name=360x360

Advertisement