Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

COMMENTS THREAD FOR RANDOM PHOTOS LV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

fixXxer wrote: »
    Love it. Wish we had bigger spiders here to be honest. Would love to find a rain spider wandering around the garden.

Get ****ed :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

cnocbui wrote: »
    7UR3NQHS_o.jpg

just wanted to say i really, really like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

It's like the top 2/3rds of a turner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It's like the top 2/3rds of a turner :)

Thank you. :o

NEW WAVE wrote: »
    Juvenile Blue Tit
    NoGUmdo.jpg

Wonderful.

The expression mimics mine as I read some threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

PlAmwbF.jpg

This was the other version I was going to put up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

PlAmwbF.jpg

This was the other version I was going to put up :D
    I prefer the one you posted Great Shot thanks for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Definitely better with the richer background.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

another super portrait adrian love the lighting in this ,
    what way was it lit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

copperhead wrote: »
    another super portrait adrian love the lighting in this ,
    what way was it lit

Hi Copperhead

Thanks for the comment. It's a selfie so not as controlled as I would like - the (camera) right light was a bit bright. I was using a pair of flashes (1 Nikon and 1 Yongua), set up on stands, shooting through white umbrellas. I used 4 Yongua triggers, 1 on each flash, 1 on camera and 1 in my hand to trigger the exposure.

The camera and flashes were set to manual with group autofocus. Nikon D810, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 at 122mm, 1/160", ISO 64, f8. The left flash was set at full power in front and to the left of me with the flash about 6.5' high and the right flash at half power, at about 4', slightly behind me (I'm 5'7").

I adjusted the power by moving the flashes closer or further away.

I took the photos in my back garden at night, which explains the right hand flash being a bit hot - I couldn't move it further away from me as there was a hedge in the way.

I was too lazy to move the whole set up to a different part of the garden and also, the neighbours would then be able to see me. They think I'm mad enough as it is.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

thanks for the detailed reply adrian,
    your very hard on yourself i think its an excellent portrait i wouldnt change a thing, amazing what can be achieved with just 2 speedlights and umbrellas, i really have to start shooting some more portraits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

copperhead wrote: »
    thanks for the detailed reply adrian,
    your very hard on yourself i think its an excellent portrait i wouldnt change a thing, amazing what can be achieved with just 2 speedlights and umbrellas, i really have to start shooting some more portraits

If I get get satisfied, I get lazy! And if I get lazy, I don't learn.

I like the photo but I just want to improve. For me, photography is like life. A journey, not a destination.

And I do enjoy it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It's a selfie
    nah, that's russell crowe.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

nah, that's russell crowe.

He wishes! (Russell Crowe, I mean :))

Blue Tit
    W8DBSoT.jpg

Well isn't that just the smallest blue tit I ever did see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Well isn't that just the smallest blue tit I ever did see ;)

Yep taken at 750mm f5.6 hand held about 10 m :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Loki98 wrote: »
    50145055393_7813a0c43a_c.jpg

Really love this photo. I was there BC (before children), Keep meaning to go back there and take some proper shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Any chance either of you could say where it is? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Loki98

Really love this photo. I was there BC (before children), Keep meaning to go back there and take some proper shots.

Thanks fiXxer, I only discovered this place by accident last year, fascinating place

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Loki98

Any chance either of you could say where it is? ;)

It"s Victor's Way Indian Sculpture Park and it's on the Sally gap road at Roundwood

• Advertisement

@DaireQuinlan Whats the story behind the Memento Mori photos?

@DaireQuinlan Whats the story behind the Memento Mori photos?

My sister is renovating an old house in Roscommon, used to be two elderly sisters living there. Inside an old dresser she found that little fledgeling and butterfly, the rest is what remains of the contents of the house.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

50218151361_1228f3c2be_c.jpgBlessington Lake by PigeonHouse Photography, on Flickr

Can anyone else see "Jesus" in the water? Bottom left near the rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭pigeonhouse

New Home wrote: »
    Can anyone else see "Jesus" in the water? Bottom left near the rocks.

I can't see it, it must be like one of those optical illusion books that you have to look at it a certain way, can you draw over it?

I've only my phone where I can't do anything more than crop the pictures, I'm afraid. The three short darkish lines are his left eyebrow, eyelashes and the top of his cheekbone.
    522928.jpg

I could sort of see a Mick Jagger in the sky, but the nose is off:

Mick-Jagger-clouds.jpg

CabanSail wrote: »
    50187536166_075fd3ac39_c.jpg

A Digital Daisy

Genuinely find this picture very unsettling. Its setting something off in my lizard brain going no no no no.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I could sort of see a Mick Jagger in the sky
    SCARAMOUCHE
    SCARAMOUCHE
    WILL YOU DO THE FANDANGO

50287992391_2739d672fe_c.jpg
    that's kinda nuts, how good that shot is. clicked through to the flickr version and you could shave with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

@magicbastarder thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement