Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMMENTS THREAD FOR RANDOM PHOTOS LV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

There was one in my area for about a year, then it was found dead. Rat poison I believe it was must have eaten a Rat that had just eaten the poison. They really are amazing animals. Got a similar picture of one in my back garden dismembering something definitely a sparrowhawk, they take their sweet time at it too. They will take a bite out of whatever it is they're feeding on and make sure nothing is around them, if disturbed at all they'll fly away pretty sharpish with the prey in its talons. As I found out trying to get a decent picture.

513673.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

keps wrote: »

In cartoons, that would turn out to be the head of a crocodile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

New Home wrote: »
    In cartoons, that would turn out to be the head of a crocodile.

Haha

When I was doing a tidying up on this photo in photoshop- I thought the exact same thing and wondered should I ‘create’ some eyes and a big mouth/teeth!

Might have a go tomorrow for fun - too much wine tonight- so results could be scary

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could also be a turtle! :)

Could also be a turtle! :)

No way - it’s a croc

• Advertisement

keps wrote: »
    Haha

When I was doing a tidying up on this photo in photoshop- I thought the exact same thing and wondered should I ‘create’ some eyes and a big mouth/teeth!

Might have a go tomorrow for fun - too much wine tonight- so results could be scary

Googly eyes!

Didn't spend too long at this so you can see the joins! And i should have reduced Robin size.. just some fun

49924129327_09ea8023aa_c.jpg
    Messing about/Joke

Now, do it with a sea turtle! :D

THANK YOU!! :)

• Advertisement

THANK YOU!! :)

No probs- it’s real Covid 19 material!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Very nice, where is this do you mind me asking ?

Port Kembla Beach in NSW in Australia. Bit of a throwaway snap. Late in the afternoon, light wasn't great and did an vertical panorama with the drone. There weren't many surfers out. Just hadn't had the drone up in a while and needed to fly.

Between lockdowns, rain and wind there haven't been many opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

pete4130 wrote: »
    Port Kembla Beach in NSW in Australia. Bit of a throwaway snap. Late in the afternoon, light wasn't great and did an vertical panorama with the drone. There weren't many surfers out. Just hadn't had the drone up in a while and needed to fly.

Between lockdowns, rain and wind there haven't been many opportunities.

Gorgeous, lucky to live in Australia!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

zippy84 wrote: »
    Mountain-Fire-Small.jpg

I don't know exactly why, myriad reasons, but this is one of the best photographs I have ever seen on the Random Photos Thread.

Kudos Zippy.

• Subscribers Posts: 684 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

I don't know exactly why, myriad reasons, but this is one of the best photographs I have ever seen on the Random Photos Thread.

Kudos Zippy.

I'm not sure it's even one of the better ones on that page :D but thank you very much, glad to hear it has struck a chord.

It was the view from my back door last night. Processed on a crappy monitor, so I may need to revisit it, blacks and shadows and the general balance may not be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

49983477716_4a442256df_c.jpg

I didn't think I had a shred of OCD in me, but I have a desperate urge to fix the alignment of that court, second from the right on the bottom! :pac:

Damn you, CelticRambler, that's all I can see, now! Can you have eyeworms, as well as earworms? Look at the bottom alignment, too... aaaargh!!

Yeah, you can't win them all. If I aligned the bottom, the top would be out. What can you do?

Oh I know, it's not the photo, it's those tennis courts! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I didn't think I had a shred of OCD in me, but I have a desperate urge to fix the alignment of that court, second from the right on the bottom! :pac:
    Damn you, CelticRambler, that's all I can see, now! Can you have eyeworms, as well as earworms? Look at the bottom alignment, too... aaaargh!!

OCD-fix.jpg

:)

I couldn't for the life of me figure why anyone would botch that so badly, but when I went to fix it, i realized it was to stop players killing themselves by running into the floodlight pole.

• Advertisement

Yeah, you can't win them all. If I aligned the bottom, the top would be out. What can you do?

Get them to move that floodlight and re-paint the lines!

No doubt it's the kind of thing you wouldn't notice at ground level.

Sorry @New Home :o

cnocbui wrote: »
    OCD-fix.jpg

:)

I couldn't for the life of me figure why anyone would botch that so badly, but when I went to fix it, i realized it was to stop players killing themselves by running into the floodlight pole.

Thanks for fixing it, but now I'm looking at the top border vs. the bottom border. AAAARGH, will this ever stop!!!

(Yeah, I know, I know, I need help, I've been told that before...)

Thanks for fixing it, but now I'm looking at the top border vs. the bottom border. AAAARGH, will this ever stop!!!

(Yeah, I know, I know, I need help, I've been told that before...)

OCD-fix-2.jpg

Happy? :p

What's even worse is both flood lights!

OCD-fix-2.jpg

Happy? :p

Butbuthut... what about the floodlights? They were breaking up a repetitive pattern in such a pleasant way...

:pac:

Butbuthut... what about the floodlights? They were breaking up a repetitive pattern in such a pleasant way...

Ah but they were desperately positioned anyway. Sure if you were on court n°1 you'd need glow in the dark balls. :D

50000484251_095230a3bc_c.jpg

I once woke up because one of those was crawling over my face. To the uninitiated, that is barely a macro shot as they are almost the size of your hand.

I once woke up because one of those was crawling over my face. To the uninitiated, that is barely a macro shot as they are almost the size of your hand.

He wasn't that big. Maybe half size that you'd expect. Found him hanging, literally by 1 leg on the bathroom wall. He was sick/dying and initially I thought it was an empty skin. I popped him in a drinks glass and shot him. I even popped on my 2x teleconverter to get the super close up. All sharp enough for handheld too I think.

Released him into the garden afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Love it. Wish we had bigger spiders here to be honest. Would love to find a rain spider wandering around the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Gives me the heebie jeebies just looking at it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement