Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Beer, chocolate biscuits, Scotland playing footy and at least giving us Celtic people something to cheer (so fat!!), the dog snoring (and hasn’t noticed the bickies).

I’ve had worse nights!!!

And Scotland won..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

4Ad wrote: »
    And Scotland won..

Yep!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I just called into my parents for a cuppa after the school run only to find my dad made the Christmas puddings :) guess what I’m having for brekkie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That I can still get wool online and keep knitting . It keeps me busy and lots of babies warm so I am delighted a shop I buy it in are delivering .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

js35 wrote: »
    I just called into my parents for a cuppa after the school run only to find my dad made the Christmas puddings :) guess what I’m having for brekkie :pac:
    Shredded wheat? Dry toast and black tea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

For years I used have breakfast on the weekend in a cafe in Cork City but in the last year or two I stopped.

Now of course because I can't, I am absolutely craving it and it's only their own bread, toasted with marmalade and tea.

Yay for M&S back in Douglas! Didn't have to go into town to get my skinny fries and white chocolate chunk cookies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Postman bringing me presents :D ok so I ordered them but still it’s like Christmas morning here now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH for having a day off and, subsequently, having a long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got locked out of my laptop this morning so instead of having to attend a boring horrible zoom meeting I was dreading, I went for a walk and had a sausage roll. Happy Friday 13th 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Reading a thread here on boards, with boardsies helping other members with unwanted reservation codes that they didn't need, for a games console that seems to be like gold dust.

& them sharing the code with parents who couldn't get their hands on one for their own kids for Xmas.
    Otherwise the kids would have missed out Xmas morning.

Is someone cutting onions?

• Advertisement

Watched us turn Wales over at rugby and now am having ice cream and watching Spooks and having an aul perv over Rupert Penry-Jones!!!

I had a brilliant day , few hours in work and then met my best friend for a very long walk, we stopped half way for coffee and chocolate fudge cake from a mobile van and sat beside the river in beautiful warm sunny weather and had another coffee afterwards, we genuinely laughed until we cried at times. More coffee afterwards and picked up a few bits in the shopping centre, bought ourselves flowers and wine and a few chocolate treats, honestly I came home feeling great and then got great news later that was totally unexpected. To top it all off the neighbours had sent in a bottle of red that they got as a present but won't drink. If Carlsberg did Fridays....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

It's wonderful to read such an uplifting post. Funny how the simplest of things are now such a pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    That I can still get wool online and keep knitting . It keeps me busy and lots of babies warm so I am delighted a shop I buy it in are delivering .

A kind friend in the US ordered me a huge parcel from Springwools who filled up the box with delightful oddments. I realised looking back that Kevin and his family of Springwools have been giving wool for our sales etc for over 15 years now ..

Bless them!

This is the latest box! Over on the ferry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Our new teammate sure has the gift of the gab. She is in her late 50´s (not that it matters, just describing) and so kind and friendly.

Our biggest client regularly phones our office and rips us apart and often unreasonably as we provided good service. I shudder when I see the +44 UK number on the phone. I'm about to get shouted at :(

But our new teammate can chat to most senior people and in no time be discussing grandchildren, marriages, holidays and more. She could charm anyone. Oozes charm

I am TH´d at how she does it and could only aspire to one day be so good. When the client shouts at me I get flustered and try to answer the questions. She instead disarms them and talks about everything but work. "I hear your accent, you are from ....x" and she starts a spiel and the clients love it. I don't know how she does it!

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Our new teammate sure has the gift of the gab. She is in her late 50´s (not that it matters, just describing) and so kind and friendly.

Our biggest client regularly phones our office and rips us apart and often unreasonably as we provided good service. I shudder when I see the +44 UK number on the phone. I'm about to get shouted at :(

But our new teammate can chat to most senior people and in no time be discussing grandchildren, marriages, holidays and more. She could charm anyone. Oozes charm

I am TH´d at how she does it and could only aspire to one day be so good. When the client shouts at me I get flustered and try to answer the questions. She instead disarms them and talks about everything but work. "I hear your accent, you are from ....x" and she starts a spiel and the clients love it. I don't know how she does it!

Indeed, people like that are great :)

Many's the time eg out in the smoking area everybody be looking at their shoes :o :pac: and then someone friendly and talkative comes out, and we're all relieved.

On the flip side though, and it's one I've often thought about; if there's something about them that might be seen to some as off (whatever that characteristic may be) , then some a'holes think it's okay to 'diss' them "behind their back".

There's just no appreciation. Wish there was more people like that around. They walk a 'fine line' though (not necessarily your colleague) , having, or expected to be 'upbeat' all the time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Happy to finally see an ad about puppy farms on the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I am using lockdown to finally use the perfumes I own, which I either no longer like or was gifted and didn't like, to use them up. Just finished perfume number 3 but it now means I have a near full 75ml bottle to start working through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Fresh cut grass

Sunday roast "almost ready"

The sound of a horse eating hay

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My new, signed, John Connolly book. I didn't ask for a dedication but he put one in anyway, and a little drawing :-)

• Advertisement

Binge Watching Brave New World - truly bat crap nuts!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My new, signed, John Connolly book. I didn't ask for a dedication but he put one in anyway, and a little drawing :-)

I love him. Have you read The Book of Lost Things? I really liked that.

Had a really rubbish start to the day (massive panic attack)

Remedy - food & movies.

Twister and now Christmas with the Cranks.

Easy & enjoyable movies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I love him. Have you read The Book of Lost Things? I really liked that.

I've read all of his stuff except this, which is the Samuel Johnson vs the Darkness omnibus.

Loved the Book of Lost Things. So poignant.

Katie Taylor!!!! Give her hell girl!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Victoria Principal’s large natural breasts.

I'm gonna watch a Christmas film tonight!!!! :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind earlier.

Your Face wrote: »
    I watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind earlier.

Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Planning our wedding!! We got in to see one of the hotels today and it is beautiful. It makes it so much more real and exciting!

Advertisement