Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

mikemac2, being in the same age group as your co-worker, I found that making conversation like that is a skill that needs to be learned and worked at. I was the shyest yoke ever when younger, but worked in a job where I could be placed beside anyone, and had to learn how to find common ground in order to initiate and maintain conversation. I'm sure that lady would be willing to pass on some tips, we ould wans love a compliment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Not very trivial but being granted 2 more hours with my PA, Yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I started an Irish course on Duolingo back in April.

I’ve finally finished the whole course today. :)

I might try Spanish now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

TK Lemon wrote:
    I started an Irish course on Duolingo back in April.

Conas ata tu?...

Conas ata tu?...

Cá bhfuil do fhadas? :pac: Conas atá tú? :)

• Advertisement

Cá bhfuil do fhadas? Conas atá tú?

Nil aon fada agam. Ta me ag gaire leat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

When you fill up the bird feeders and the little darlings all come and have a feast and the thanks I receive in terms of their song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Posted my 1st Christmas card today to the US. Early I know but my friend will love it.

He sent me a video of it snowing there this morning, it just looks so magical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

due to cv-19 pastries from corner shops and petrol stations are now sold in little plastic bags.

that means that i can actually buy them.

previously i couldnt as i knew that id be eating something which had been molested by a truck drivers fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

85603 wrote: »
    due to cv-19 pastries from corner shops and petrol stations are now sold in little plastic bags.

previously i couldnt as i knew that id be eating something which had been molested by a truck drivers fingers.

Sounds like a good night in :pac:

• Advertisement

Sounds like a good night in :pac:

:eek::eek: ya filthy yoke!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

:eek::eek: ya filthy yoke!! :D:D

*hangs head in shame*

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

85603 wrote: »

Ooohhhhh MATRON!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I own a 27” iMac that I bought in 2013. So yeah it’s old but it does everything I want. I don’t play games much so don’t need a newer model

Last week it just failed to start. Nothing on the screen at all though I could hear a faint sound.

Spent hours and hours searching online for a solution. I asked the cool friendly IT guy in work who said RIP and gave the sign of the cross :eek:

Am saving for a mortgage and cannot justify €2,000 plus on a new machine. So be it then

Spent one last evening searching and found an 8 year old American message board post about faulty RAM. I have 4 of these (chips?) and through trial and error found one faulty. Removed it and all is good. Ordered a new one tonight

€2000 problem turned into a €20 problem phew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Seen my 2 grandsons today.Made me so happy.

A little robin hopping along beside me in the garden. Looking for a free lunch!

madmaggie wrote: »
    A little robin hopping along beside me in the garden. Looking for a free lunch!

Robins are SO pretty. No wonder they adorn so many Christmas items. I find them captivating when they come up close.

I hope they found some tasty morsels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Finding a fiver scrunched up in my wallet.

To thine own self be true

Instead of giving my hen some sand to scratch about in, I gave her a few shovels of homemade compost. She went crazy pecking at all the insects, it was like Christmas for her!

Robins are SO pretty. No wonder they adorn so many Christmas items. I find them captivating when they come up close.

I hope they found some tasty morsels :D

He was up above me in the branches of an apple tree, chirruping away. Every few minutes he'd swoop down to collect a morsel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Walking in the local park today, gorgeous day, met a man pushing a double buggy. The little girl, on the side nearest to me, about a year old or so, gave me a big happy smile, and waved a little mittened hand, saying 'hi'!

I said 'hi', in return, and she was delighted altogether. :D
    She really made me smile, little happy head on her. Aww.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

dubstarr wrote: »
    Seen my 2 grandsons today.Made me so happy.

I could go “awwww bless the little poppets!!” but they could be 6’ 3” and built like the Mitchell Brothers!!

I’ll go with being TH for you!! Happy news In these weird times!!

Friday. Also, living in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Nice Mandarin Oranges that are edible and just right.

A very nice gentleman in Aldi helped me get an item from the top shelf. He said it's Kindness Day today!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I could go “awwww bless the little poppets!!” but they could be 6’ 3” and built like the Mitchell Brothers!!

I’ll go with being TH for you!! Happy news In these weird times!!

Haha no,they are 8 months and a 2 year old.You forget how funny little kids are.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just in great form today :)

madmaggie wrote: »
    A very nice gentleman in Aldi helped me get an item from the top shelf. He said it's Kindness Day today!

2 lanes at the drivethrough that merge to 1. technically the guy ahead of me finished ordering after me so i wasn't sure what to do :confused: but i'm so over aggressive behaviour lately i kind of gestured and smiled to suggest he go ahead but he insisted i go ahead. I was so pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

reading a newspaper article today about an event which took place a hundred years ago, which mentioned one of my ancestors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

How well my Zoom dinner date went last night. Still smiling from it.

Advertisement