Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain getting fairly heavy now in Meath and feeling cool at only 14C.

Today really marks the end of a generally prolonged cool spell which began on 24th of April and was briefly interrupted from 29th of May to 1st of June with milder temperatures, then back very cool again from June 3rd.

I am certainly looking forward to the warmer air which kicks in from tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Gonzo wrote: »
    rain getting fairly heavy now in Meath and feeling cool at only 14C.

Today really marks the end of a generally prolonged cool spell which began on 24th of April and was briefly interrupted from 29th of May to 1st of June with milder temperatures, then back very cool again from June 3rd.

I am certainly looking forward to the warmer air which kicks in from tomorrow.

We live in hopelessness ;)

Wet and cold in N Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The weather warning for thundery rain for lenster doesn't even kick in till 6 o clock this evening.
    Maybe some posters should read the earnings properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dublin airport TAF has a mention of thunderstorms between 11pm and 3am albeit a small chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Dublin airport TAF has a mention of thunderstorms between 11pm and 3am albeit a small chance.

It's between Midnight and 4am, and is a under 30% prob (30% probability)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's between Midnight and 4am, and is a under 30% prob (30% probability)

I generally find with those,if it’s mentioned at all,it usually happens regardless of probability in some shape or form

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I generally find with those,if it’s mentioned at all,it usually happens regardless of probability in some shape or form

I disagree, in my experience I often see 'TS' mentioned and none arrives. More often than not!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This weeks rain risk seems to be getting downgraded alot, BBC now going for dry and sunny conditions in Dublin from Wednesday lasting up to Sunday or Monday with temperatures up to 23C and 26C further west. This will aid increased temperatures.

Met Eireann's forecasts looking a bit dryer as well. The ensemble runs look a bit dryer too, compared to what I was looking at yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭pad199207

That ain’t a half bad forecast from Met Eireann on their website

www.met.ie

Rainfall warning for Cork and waterford now gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Gonzo wrote: »
    This weeks rain risk seems to be getting downgraded alot, BBC now going for dry and sunny conditions in Dublin from Wednesday lasting up to Sunday or Monday with temperatures up to 23C and 26C further west. This will aid increased temperatures.

Met Eireann's forecasts looking a bit dryer as well. The ensemble runs look a bit dryer too, compared to what I was looking at yesterday.

Noticed that , even tonight its changed to a mostly dry night apart from an odd shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The uppers are starting to upgrade for Thursday and Friday with both gfs and ukmo giving us a direct hit!!
    Increasingly though a cool down looks to be firmed up for Saturday.
    Overall from what was showing two days ago it's nothing special at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭squarecircles

yep just average irish summers conditions....christ.

Friday: It looks set to turn exceptionally warm by Friday with
    spells of sunshine and just the odd thunderstorm.
    Very warm or hot with maximum temperatures of 24 to 28 degrees widely
    but a few degrees less warm in coastal areas of the north and east in moderate east winds.
    Temperatures only falling marginally overnight with minimum temperatures of 15 to 19 degrees,
    staying very humid.

met.ie

All rainfall warnings have now expired, although it is now lashing again in Kildare.

I must stress that this scenario has been extremely difficult to forecast so all these silly comments of Met Eireann getting it wrong are ridiculous.

Personally I’m still not ruling out some lightning up along the SE and E coast later on tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Just had a very heavy burst of rain. Looking forward to some sunny days Wednesday onwards

pad199207 wrote: »
    All rainfall warnings have now expired, although it is now lashing again in Kildare.

I must stress that this scenario has been extremely difficult to forecast so all these silly comments of Met Eireann getting it wrong are ridiculous.

Personally I’m still not ruling out some lightning up along the SE and E coast later on tonight.

Funny as the warning for Leinster was not to come into force till 18:00 hours 🀔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The rainfall warning for Leinster is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

yep just average irish summers conditions....christ.

Friday: It looks set to turn exceptionally warm by Friday with
    spells of sunshine and just the odd thunderstorm.
    Very warm or hot with maximum temperatures of 24 to 28 degrees widely
    but a few degrees less warm in coastal areas of the north and east in moderate east winds.
    Temperatures only falling marginally overnight with minimum temperatures of 15 to 19 degrees,
    staying very humid.

met.ie

Actually I find high humidity to be quite normal for the west from about the middle of spring till the start of autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,918 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Quite a downpour near Dublin Airport at the moment and an impressive rainfall rate!

Hmmmm

1-E7-A844-E-2-C79-40-BB-8-C1-D-ADBCCC15-C83-A.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Bsal

Heavy rain now in Swords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Hammering down in Donabate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Xenji wrote: »
    Actually I find high humidity to be quite normal for the west from about the middle of spring till the start of autumn.

very rarely in conjuction with high temperatures,
    usually with cool temperatures = damp.

generally cool,damp,overcast, - normal
    this week warm/hot,humid - abnormal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Fekkin hell. The rain is horizontal here. Bloody grass will grow like the flipping Triffids now.

But it is not cold, it looks cold though, and a bit dark and gloomy.

Better days ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

pad199207 wrote: »
    Hmmmm

1-E7-A844-E-2-C79-40-BB-8-C1-D-ADBCCC15-C83-A.png

I’d to google that!!

Disappointing it hasn't sparked yet in the southeast. Still time up until around 1 am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Does anyone else feel the electric storms on the back of their head ?

I do and it's weird, but it's always correct. Nothing happening now though so at ease!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

Spanish eyes, my head has been pounding since about 5 this morning. Now has eased. Definitely thunderstorm headache wierd feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ironic the warning got cancelled as a deluge hit those leaving Croke Park.

They must be pretty confident if they removed the warning. Bullish forecasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Some heavy pulses developing down around New Ross, Wexford County.

Some serious storm activity expected in over southeast England tomorrow night...big imports from France. Disruption highly likely over there.

Home grown storms here inland tomorrow afternoon/evening. Will be sharp if you get caught out! Not expecting much on the east coast due to on shore wind but most other places have a good chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Subtle shifts this evening in the plume taking a direct hit with Ireland. ECM also goes for it. Breeze is also much stronger now for Thursday so what it means in weather terms I'm not sure. Thursday night looks tropical.
    Hay fever sufferers take cover as pollen will rocket!

Some serious storm activity expected in over southeast England tomorrow night...big imports from France. Disruption highly likely over there.

Home grown storms here inland tomorrow afternoon/evening. Will be sharp if you get caught out! Not expecting much on the east coast due to on shore wind but most other places have a good chance.

As usual we will probably miss out on thunderstorms yet again in Meath! Our thunder and lightning shield has been operating at full strength since 1985 and never fails!

Just had a huge downpour of rain for the past hour, back to drizzle now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Heavier rain in Arklow again at the moment
    Humidity has rose a good bit
    85%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

27mm on the button in exactly 12 hours. Humidity 85%, pressure at 1010 and dropping very slowly.
    S. Wexford.
    Just stopped raining. Radar looks clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Heavy rain in West Dublin has cleared. No thunder and lightning. Cool also. Interesting to see if any of this exciting weather materialises this week. I am pessimistic.

Heavy Rain in Kildare again. 9mm

Roen wrote: »
    27mm on the button in exactly 12 hours. Humidity 85%, pressure at 1010 and dropping very slowly.
    S. Wexford.
    Just stopped raining. Radar looks clear.

Dry most of the day up here in Arklow until about 4,so not the colour of that
    Lashing now and on the attached radar the brighter colours off the coast are drifting right in over here now in a train heading NW off the sea
    This train could last a while here
    Current rain rate 9.4mm/hr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

It’s currently freezing pouring rain and totally overcast.

Where’s this heat bomb and lightning storm exactly?

• Advertisement

Great skies in Kildare

3919-EE62-6554-42-B4-8-CCD-6-AC1975-E2-C21.jpg

The answer is in your username ha ha

ZX7R wrote: »
    The answer is in your username ha ha

It was a question not a statement dammit :)

I do love the unnatural ever moody Irish weather. Sorta describes us.

It was a question not a statement dammit :)

I do love the unnatural ever moody Irish weather. Sorta describes us.

Read the forecast! If everyone here asked when the weather was changing instead of reading the forum would be awful painful to read wouldn't it?

And yes, I also think the Irish weather has alot to do with out character. The fact that we always talk about it compounds that!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Whereabouts are you? Welcomely mild here in Dublin for me, at 9pm!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Read the forecast! If everyone here asked when the weather was changing instead of reading the forum would be awful painful to read wouldn't it?

And yes, I also think the Irish weather has alot to do with out character. The fact that we always talk about it compounds that!

It saved us From the Romans.
    I think anyways :)

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Whereabouts are you? Welcomely mild here in Dublin for me, at 9pm!

D7. By the Liffey.
    It’s pouring down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Spanish eyes, my head has been pounding since about 5 this morning. Now has eased. Definitely thunderstorm headache wierd feeling
    Is this really a thing...?? I'd the worst headache today out of nowhere from 7 this morning couldnt shake it at all cleared up about 6ish when it started to proper rain around Kildare .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Power gone in bishopstown, Cork. Lightning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,969 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

What is a heat bomb? Is this a tabloid click baiting headline phrase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Pops_20 wrote: »
    Power gone in bishopstown, Cork. Lightning?

No. The radar is showing no rain or storms over Cork at the moment

• Advertisement
Advertisement