Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Palmy wrote: »
    There a few guys I follow on Twitter and when they all start talking I look into it. Follow StockWits forum then look at the competition and see what they are at price wise. I am in no means a professional at this and only trade with a small account. Most of my trades are in the $1000 a trade mark. Happy enough as I have doubled my money in six months. If CCIV and CYIO come through like I expect this is significantly going to grow my account. Also looking into BUSXF and BEGI at the moment and will probably pull the trigger on Tuesday.
    Like I said don’t take my word for it though as I do not do this full time, just for fun.

Fair play sure it's all about the research and trust your gut after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

There a few guys I follow on Twitter and when they all start talking I look into it. Follow StockWits forum then look at the competition and see what they are at price wise. I am in no means a professional at this and only trade with a small account. Most of my trades are in the $1000 a trade mark. Happy enough as I have doubled my money in six months. If CCIV and CYIO come through like I expect this is significantly going to grow my account. Also looking into BUSXF and BEGI at the moment and will probably pull the trigger on Tuesday.
    Like I said don’t take my word for it though as I do not do this full time, just for fun.

BUSXF looks interesting Richie

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    BUSXF looks interesting Richie

They do but they're on fire at the minute well up in last few months..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Which guys on twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

richie123 wrote: »
    Jesus some pick you more than doubled your money Ina few days where did you come across them and why did you invest in them ?(cyio)

Generally penny stocks, it's a case of timing them right, you need to get in right when fomo is hitting the whole sector (like EVs in late Nov), and find something that hasn't popped yet, the biggest problem is if you don't get out in time, you'll very quickly become a bagholder and end up with afew 1000 shares that are worth 1/4 the money you bought them for. Not a strategy for beginners at all, and definitely put no more than 1 or 2% of your capital into.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I think there is an element of Nikola about Nio. They do not have a guarantee of a production facility from JAC Hefei, in-fact I think Volkswagen may give them the boot out of it in August as they are looking to use it for their ID2 manufacturing base. Nio have raised money with the last stock pump but it's not enough as they are going to have to go it alone and build their own manufacturing plants. That's at least 2-3 years down the road.
    idk if they can carry on with JAC to manufacture at the same rate they are at the moment but for certain they will not be able to increase capacity at that plant.
    Is this an obvious alarm bells/red flag or am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

richie123 wrote: »
    Jesus some pick you more than doubled your money Ina few days where did you come across them and why did you invest in them ?(cyio)

CYIO at .314 and was as high as .43 today. Was at .14 when I posted 4 days ago. This is going to $1 before the end of year.

CYIO at .314 and was as high as .43 today. Was at .14 when I posted 4 days ago. This is going to $1 before the end of year.

Can't seem to buy it on Degiro? Anyone see it there. I looked at the time you suggested it as I was thinking of taking a punt on it.

I know you can request with them but the last one I asked for I never even got a response. It's been 2 weeks.

Probably a bit late to the game now at this stage it's on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Any idea when NIO are due to announce Jan delivery numbers? Presuming first week in Feb?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

Any opinions on if this is a good long term/hold investment? Thinking of buying a few

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭garrettod

Absolutely, great long term investment...

Haven't you done the research?

Thanks,

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Any opinions on if this is a good long term/hold investment? Thinking of buying a few

Pretty much every company that has been able to execute successfully is a good long-term investment...

NIO has executed successfully and all indications are they will continue to execute.

IMO NIO is worth putting some money into for 10 years.

The company delivered 7,225 vehicles in January, an increase of roughly 352% compared to the prior-year period.

Source:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/02/why-nio-stock-climbed-169-in-january/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article&yptr=yahoo

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

NIO has been fairly disappointing the last few weeks, even with the increase in vehicles delivered. Must not have met investor/analysts expectations. Not much news on the horizon from what i can see. I have a big position, so obviously hoping for something in the short/medium term to get it back up above $60, but feel it could be a slow burn for the next couple of months.

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    NIO has been fairly disappointing the last few weeks, even with the increase in vehicles delivered. Must not have met investor/analysts expectations. Not much news on the horizon from what i can see. I have a big position, so obviously hoping for something in the short/medium term to get it back up above $60, but feel it could be a slow burn for the next couple of months.

It seems like a stock that's easy to swing trade, it goes up a lot then retraces a lot. I could see it happening after NIO day as there was not really a catalyst till Earnigns . I bought some more today on the dip

JoeCole26 wrote: »

Still in a very healthy uptrend, 20 50 and 100day moving averages all heading upwards, buy the dip is my advice, the analysis mostly pointing towards 80$, it's just not on the pure hype radar at the minute, in about 2wks time the swing traders and MMs will start to pump it again before March earnings in my view, will happen unexpected some day, you'll just have a +7% day overnight.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Still in a very healthy uptrend, 20 50 and 100day moving averages all heading upwards, buy the dip is my advice, the analysis mostly pointing towards 80$, it's just not on the pure hype radar at the minute, in about 2wks time the swing traders and MMs will start to pump it again before March earnings in my view, will happen unexpected some day, you'll just have a +7% day overnight.

I suspect a lot of people are directing funds to CCIV. I'm keeping some in both. But when/if that CCIV Lucid deal get's done it's going to be thermonuclear.

Good to be in the green for a change :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxamr1X0naI

I saw the above video recently. He does brilliant NIO videos so he's worth a sub.
    Goes into the cost of NIO House, BAAS etc.

Has anyone seen any financials or revenue for nio house and some of the extras they do, its obviously brand growing but I cant see how they pay off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Marcel is the one to watch.

Possible new NIO factory for expansion. A new agreement with Hefei local government has been signed with NIO today. Is this the NIO factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Was good to see Nio getting a boost today! Will probably drop back tomorrow now...

Has anyone here invested in a truck EV stock? I haven’t myself yet but I’m hoping to add one to my portfolio soon. You would imagine whoever is first to crack this space is onto a winner. I’m considering one of 1) HYLN, 2) NGLA and 3) DCRB

I think EV Vans & Trucks would make for a good, seperate, discussion thread tbh.

Maybe you could start one, let it become a bit of a resource, that we could all try and add to, or learn from?

This thread is really just NIO, so it's not going to get the same level of focus, as a new stand alone thread would mate.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

cronos wrote: »
    Which guys on twitter?

Zac Morris/ Radio Silent and Yates trading.
    Sold CCIV at $36 80% profit. Now up 558% on CYIO, 119% in Mine and 88% in HCMC.

https://youtu.be/FnK7QuBaDYI NIO shares at a lovely discount price today also lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I bought 10 Nio shares at 63$.

I am holding strong.
    Timmaay wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/FnK7QuBaDYI NIO shares at a lovely discount price today also lol.

Nio not looking good today either! Is anyone stocking up? I bought some more yesterday also; but clearly too early after it dropped a lot further.

I’m not worried about this holdings long term. I think their results are out in March and that will tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I bought 10x Nio at 61$.

I hope it will come up! I am holding.
    Nio not looking good today either! Is anyone stocking up? I bought some more yesterday also; but clearly too early after it dropped a lot further.

I’m not worried about this holdings long term. I think their results are out in March and that will tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Currently at $44 at the moment.

Nice time to jump in.

• Advertisement

Well done to anyone who got in today early 40’s! If I’d cash in my Degiro today I would have added more. It’s nearly back to 50 and may open above 50 tomorrow which is a very swift recovery.

What is the end of year target here? A lot of people reckon it could hit 100.

Advertisement