Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jerk behaviour on public transport

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,547 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Even more easy-peasy if people kept their bag on their own side of their seat so people could just sit down without having to ask permission (even if the communication is non-verbal, thats what they're doing)

Maybe. I'll probably just leave the bag there anf move it if someone indicates they want to sit there. The benefit for me being the added chance of having the seat to myself for longer. It's really not a big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sure hate when people take a dump or pee on the seats....

Or the normal way where you get the stranger's attention and go past them.

Neither meekly saying nothing until the door closes and go bananas or walking through them.

Clearly another non Luas user.

"Go past them". Single door on the back carriage of the door. Door opens, and 10 people all crowd on. Theres no going around them possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How in the fcuk do Spanish women have so much to talk.about?

Talking about Soaps. Same with Brazilian women. One Brazilian post graduate student used to ring her mother everyday and be on the phone for over an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

When going on a stag to Galway I had a seat booked and there was an elderly lady sitting in my seat. The lads where sitting down and I felt bad about to have to ask her to move so was set on standing for a bit at least.

Then she seen me looking and asked me what my name was and was if she was taking my seat. She then cheekily asked me to show her proof of my name. At that point it dawned on my that the auld bint knew what she was at and I swiftly told her to get up and jog on.

If she just sat there and didn't start mouthing I probably would have let her sit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    When going on a stag to Galway I had a seat booked and there was an elderly lady sitting in my seat. The lads where sitting down and I felt bad about to have to ask her to move so was set on standing for a bit at least.

Then she seen me looking and asked me what my name was and was if she was taking my seat. She then cheekily asked me to show her proof of my name. At that point it dawned on my that the auld bint knew what she was at and I swiftly told her to get up and jog on.

If she just sat there and didn't start mouthing I probably would have let her sit.

All you need to show is your ticket. If the name printed on it matches the display, it’s you. I hope she wasn’t look for ID. Not her place at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Asshole on a train down west a few weeks ago was sitting in the luggage area with feet across the aisle
    Spent the whole train journey drinking bottles and on the phone at full voice to about 7 different lads discussing 'the craic
    He wouldn't move his legs to let the drinks service cart go past. Ignorant fcuker

Then left all the bottles strewn around the floor and I asked him was he going to bring his rubbish with him but he laughed at me
    When leaving at his stop he managed to damage a lovely bouquet of flowers that a woman was holding, by swinging his bag over his shoulder and not give 2 fcuks about who got in its way.
    I asked him again was he going to apologise but he just laughed at me again

She was quite upset about it and I can only imagine who she had bought the lovely bunch of flowers to give them to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Asshole on a train down west a few weeks ago was sitting in the luggage area with feet across the aisle
    Spent the whole train journey drinking bottles and on the phone at full voice to about 7 different lads discussing 'the craic
    He wouldn't move his legs to let the drinks service cart go past. Ignorant fcuker

Then left all the bottles strewn around the floor and I asked him was he going to bring his rubbish with him but he laughed at me
    When leaving at his stop he managed to damage a lovely bouquet of flowers that a woman was holding, by swinging his bag over his shoulder and not give 2 fcuks about who got in its way.
    I asked him again was he going to apologise but he just laughed at me again

She was quite upset about it and I can only imagine who she had bought the lovely bunch of flowers to give them to.

she at least would have a nice story that someone had stuck up for her over it.

People annoy me by putting their dirty feet on the seat opposite - or worse letting their didnt pay for them toddlers or children stand on the seats. No matter how skangy you are at home you ate supposed to pretend be a better person outside the hime where there are witnesses.Those seats are made of fabric and you are wiping wet slush and hangover piss onto them. Show some consideration.

(jerk?? wtf this is not america)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

ShyMets wrote: »
    People who on the upstairs of a bus sit on the outside seat. Yes, i know somethings there can be a valid reason. But most of the time they're trying to keep the second seat for themselves

On the rare occasions I venture upstairs I tend to sit on the outside of the seat as being 6'4" it's hard to wedge myself in too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Sure hate when people take a dump or pee on the seats....

I'm barely a year and a half in the job, and I've already witnessed human shite on seats twice. And that doesn't include the people with suspicious stains on the back of their trousers...

The worst 'jerk' behaviour (enough of the Americanisms already!) is when someone pukes their ring upstairs and then doesn't have the manners to tell the driver. They just sneak off and I don't find out until someone else tells me, or it starts trickling down the stairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement