Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This is heartbreaking - Child Bullying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Will you calm down, I was a bully, now I'm no better than a bully, his clearly been set up for the video.

Something is seriously wrong if 9 year old are killing themselves or even saying it.

It has been staged, set up, manipulated by his mother for the internet clicks.

So no evidence for your sick claim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Great to see so many reaching out to support him. He'll get to go to every major event that he's interested in Wrestlemania etc and he deserves it the poor bugger while the bullies have to sit back and see him get all the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

S.G.M. wrote: »
    Great to see so many reaching out to support him. He'll get to go to every major event that he's interested in Wrestlemania etc and he deserves it the poor bugger while the bullies have to sit back and see him get all the attention.

I'd say he will get the seats where you can take them home as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

ebbsy wrote:
    I'd say he will get the seats where you can take them home as well.

Never knew they do that. That's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Heartbreaking. Things need to change, and bullies need to face very strong consequences.

The people who'd drive this young lad to suicide wouldn't give a f**k if it happened, they don't have a better nature, they'd simply shrug it off that 'some people can't take it' and go onto become pub, neighbourhood or workplace bullies, their 'confidence' and 'strong personalities' guaranteeing a mate and knocking out a few more sociopaths to prolong the cycle of misery.

The kid in the video would be miles better off home schooled, especially if he's markedly different or disabled or in some sort of special school that tend to be kinder, gentler places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Its confirmed the child is a child suffering from Dwarfism. People are sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

antix80 wrote: »
    A child patted him on the head.. and the mother had a meltdown. she is a ghoul. the type of person who would poison a baby's milk with salt just to say how hard it is looking after a terminally ill baby. Where is the father??
    I can't believe some of the posts you have made in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I can't believe some of the posts you have made in this thread.

Why not?

Are you incapable of seeing my logic? that the woman is acting like a victim and forcing her child to talk about suicide, and victimhood, and despair... all the time videoing him?

She's a ghoul. She's a failure as a parent. I hope the child gets some guidance in life so that he can overcome this rough time he is having instead of becoming a go-fund-me cash cow for his mother.

edit: just saw an article on it.. https://www.dailywire.com/news/walsh-heartbreaking-video-of-a-bullied-child-goes-viral-but-the-real-bully-is-the-parent-who-filmed-and-posted-it
    It seems relevant that this is not the first time this woman has parlayed her son’s bullying into viral fame. He was in the headlines 5 years ago after a similar incident. He was in the headlines again a few years later. Each time, his mother has been more than happy to parade herself and her child in front of cameras. Indeed, she seems to have set up a career for young Quaden as a “model and influencer.” His bio calls him a “superstar in the making.” Though, don’t worry, we’re also assured that he “loves being in front of the camera.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

antix80 wrote: »
    Why not?

Are you incapable of seeing my logic? that the woman is acting like a victim and forcing her child to talk about suicide, and victimhood, and despair... all the time videoing him?

She's a ghoul. She's a failure as a parent. I hope the child gets some guidance in life so that he can overcome this rough time he is having instead of becoming a go-fund-me cash cow for his mother.

edit: just saw an article on it.. https://www.dailywire.com/news/walsh-heartbreaking-video-of-a-bullied-child-goes-viral-but-the-real-bully-is-the-parent-who-filmed-and-posted-it

The fund is now at $600K, the mother claimed last year that he first tried to kill himself a few years ago (possibly when he was 8) she actually setup a suicide support group early last year.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/southwest/dwarfism-advocate-yarraka-bayles-establishes-suicide-support-group/news-story/417318206fa4cb797577281ece68caa1

Interesting today I seen a debate that the story about him being 18 was a distraction by the mother herself possibly because some people brought up her dubious past with drugs and other stuff.

I did see the video and felt sorry for kid, but I’m glad I didn’t donate as I would feel a bit dumb now if I did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I do see why people are saying he looks coached. I also wonder why the mother would stand there letting a child talk like that and be more concerned about live streaming than comforting him.i do hope he's not being bullied and shame on the bullies if he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

When Quaden went to line out with the teams for the rugby match early this morning. Nobody out there in the stands gave him any hate. They gave him a lot of love & support after what he had been through in his life. And that's good to see IMO for everyone's sake. Nobody deserves to be bullied. Ever.

Anyone who takes part in it to simply deny innocent people a decent life for themselves just for being here on this earth, is in all honesty, a miserable scumbag. They should regret their actions for taking part in it for simply ruining people's lives without any sense of remorse. The bullies in Quaden life should hang their heads in shame for what they have done to this innocent kid. They could turn into complete sociopaths later on in life when they get older by not realizing the consequences of their actions as a child.

I have to ask anybody here. What happens when one of these sociopaths becomes a parent & sees their own kids getting bullied? Where does that situation go from there? Where does that cycle of abuse end from the child's POV? Does it end with a slap or does it end by talking to someone who is relevant to the situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

^^^ I saw that, great for the lad.
    And oh my goodness that Rugby team, Indigenous All Stars... is it just me or is it very warm in here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Arghus wrote: »
    Ah, yeah, but ya know there's always the predictable cohort that don't.
    These kinda threads to edgelords are like sh1t to flies indeed but in fairness it's minimal. I do think there is something a bit sketchy about the mother too, although it can't be said as fact that the young lad was coached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Raconteuse wrote: »
    These kinda threads to edgelords are like sh1t to flies indeed but in fairness it's minimal. I do think there is something a bit sketchy about the mother too, although it can't be said as fact that the young lad was coached.
    I don't know what's going on with the story really. There seems to be a backlash on Twitter with some students at the child's school claiming that he and his mother are notorious at the school and that it's him who bullies other children not the other way around. Allegedly the child's mother is also his agent, apparently he's an actor. All very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I don't know what's going on with the story really. There seems to be a backlash on Twitter with some students at the child's school claiming that he and his mother are notorious at the school and that it's him who bullies other children not the other way around. Allegedly the child's mother is also his agent, apparently he's an actor. All very strange.

He is definitely an actor. He is described as actor, model and influencer. There are photos of him wearing Gucci gear and giving middle finger to the camera.

There have been many pushes in the media by the mother to get attention. This is the second or third bullying accusation.

It’s terrible that children are being used here as pawns.

I hadn’t read about the other children. I hope the school is not being blamed in the wrong.

There’s definitely a lot going on with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Something interesting I've seen on more than one occasion is when a kid get very upset about being bullied because there parents convinces them they are.
    One a child was bringing 3 friends to the cinema f or his Birthday out of a class of 30. No party invites were sent out, etc but it came up in conversation after it took place. The parent of one kid made a big deal out of it saying there child was excluded and it was bullying and the kid believes it now.
    Another was picking teams for matches. If there son wasn't picked first it was bullying, if it was teams set by the teacher there was some other issue. If he didn't win the ball, score it was bullying the kid generally thinks everybody is bullying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Nermal

Raconteuse wrote: »
    What evidence is there that it's fake?

You should assume every human interest story you see in the media is fake, staged and exaggerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

Nermal wrote: »
    You should assume every human interest story you see in the media is fake, staged and exaggerated.

This person internets!

I can't believe how many here have fell for it, never mind all over the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Can he not be an actor, a model, give the finger to the camera and also be badly bullied?
    The mother may be a bit off but he looked genuinely distressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Nermal wrote: »
    No I can't be that cynical about absolutely every human interest story. Now I certainly am about a lot of them - especially "such and such company did this to our child" or "our landlord evicted us for nothing" type ones, but a child with dwarfism being bullied is hardly a story that's not believable, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I recall, not so many years ago, that when I was a young`un, even the notion that you would mock a disabled classmate was enough to get the entire class pissed off at you. What changed?
    No more beatings, no more consequences. Bullies could be got back then, but now they are free to roam and grow up as bullies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

S.G.M. wrote: »
    Never knew they do that. That's class.

Platinum section bud.

Now how to set up that go fund me account....

Gynoid wrote: »
    Can he not be an actor, a model, give the finger to the camera and also be badly bullied?
    The mother may be a bit off but he looked genuinely distressed.

He absolutely could of course.

There is also a video of Quaden waving around a lot of Australian dollars, which would not help if you were questioning the motives. I came across it when reading the various articles.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/the-sad-story-of-quaden-bayles-is-more-complicated-than-it-seems/

There is another side to this though which could shed some light on it. What did the school or students actually say?

A statement from the school - or the other students as was referenced above. They are also being targeted here so the school should be able to confirm or deny it.

Where did you see feedback from other students or school.? I’m not on Twitter but did a quick search and could not see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

There is something very off about this though. Like why would you go to the trouble of editing in sentimental music? surely the visual and the supposed true story (one sided of course) are enough to elicit compassion about this.

anewme wrote: »
    Where did you see feedback from other students or school.? I’m not on Twitter but did a quick search and could not see anything.

I think the Gucci fella is a different person, he has 2 big front teeth.

Still doesn't take away from the fact that his mother has set this up for online clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

There is also a video of Quaden waving around a lot of Australian dollars, which would not help if you were questioning the motives. I came across it when reading the various articles.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/the-sad-story-of-quaden-bayles-is-more-complicated-than-it-seems

FB_IMG_1582300047117.jpg

Playa playa fo real

Still doesn't take away from the fact that his mother has set this up for online clicks.

No I think the Gucci lad might be the same lad. The photos were taken from the lads instagram. From the same Instagram, there were photos of Quaden standing next to a number 18, which sent fake news arounfd that Quaden was 18. His mother said Quaden was at a friends 18th party and the photos were taken there.its clear hes not 18. But they come from the same account as the Gucci photos.

The lad in the video on Page 1 has 2 big front teeth too. The photo you've shown above is the lad when he was a good bit younger

• Advertisement

No I think the Gucci lad might be the same lad. The photos were taken from the lads instagram. From the same Instagram, there were photos of Quaden standing next to a number 18, which sent fake news arounfd that Quaden was 18. His mother said Quaden was at a friends 18th party and the photos were taken there.its clear hes not 18. But they come from the same account as the Gucci photos.

Ok there's so much out now, the mother is a piece of ****e.
    Clearly he has been set up for this, by his mother and family.

How could you video that exchange, if that was your child or any child for that matter and then put it on the net.

Do Australian child service get involved with these people or are they off limits because they're Aborigines?

Advertisement