Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is heartbreaking - Child Bullying

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I'm not sure what the truth is about this story but what I do know is that I would never video a child in that state and broadcast it to the world.

A child in that state needs immediate psychiatric help, not to be videoed and made into an overnight celebrity.

He will live with that video haunting him for the rest of his life.

She is not a good mother, full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,786 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

anewme wrote: »
    He is definitely an actor. He is described as actor, model and influencer. There are photos of him wearing Gucci gear and giving middle finger to the camera.

There have been many pushes in the media by the mother to get attention. This is the second or third bullying accusation.

It’s terrible that children are being used here as pawns.

I hadn’t read about the other children. I hope the school is not being blamed in the wrong.

There’s definitely a lot going on with this.

There is nothing going on with this but a bunch of the usual crank types on the internet trying to make out this boy is 18

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/quaden-bayles-18-years-old/
    It might come as a surprise to some, but standing next to a number does not automatically change your age to that number. In that same vein, wearing a shirt reading “Gucci” or standing next to an adult woman are not activities exclusively reserved for 18-year-olds.

The above-displayed pictures all come from Quaden’s previously public Instagram account. The photograph of the number 18 was one of several he posted after his friend Garlen’s 18th birthday party. In one photograph, a birthday message for “Garlen,” not “Quaden,” is clearly visible.

He was in the media before for bullying in 2015 when he was 4. If he were 18 now, this would make him 13 in this video

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If this is fake ,I hope the rugby team use him for tackling and kicking practice along with his ****ehead of a mother

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Gatling wrote: »
    If this is fake ,I hope the rugby team use him for tackling and kicking practice along with his ****ehead of a mother

That’s not very nice, the kid already has been dealt a short hand in life (excuse the pun). I live in Australia and have seen Facebook posts that he is a bully himself and runs crying when the table is turned. The Caroline Flack story has been in the news here over the last few weeks and I find the timing of this story a bit coincidental although the mother did claim he tried to kill himself a year or two ago. There is a good chance there is an element of bullying to the story but like the mother says he wants to be an actor and break into TV....maybe this is his big break.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    There is nothing going on with this but a bunch of the usual crank types on the internet trying to make out this boy is 18

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/quaden-bayles-18-years-old/

He was in the media before for bullying in 2015 when he was 4. If he were 18 now, this would make him 13 in this video

Read my post about two above this about 18. It's clear the young lad is not 18.

The 18 thing is just a deflection and it suits them (Quadens side) to keep focus on this as it detracts from other concerns.

The mini gangsta 'n**** " attitude is not though.

The agressive stance, the language, the attitude, the cash video, the trashy bling, none of these are fake.

Why is a nine year old pitched and styled as a mini rap gangster.? Why is his mother constantly trying to make him viral?

The cash video is extremely concerning if you watch it. Theres nothing to believe this is not true.

The bullying video itself raises questions. Who films that?

People should really do their own research on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I honestly don't know anymore

Read my post about two above this about 18. It's clear the young lad is not 18.

The 18 thing is just a deflection and it suits them (Quadens side) to keep focus on this as it detracts from other concerns.

The mini gangsta 'n**** " attitude is not though.

The agressive stance, the language, the attitude, the cash video, the trashy bling, none of these are fake.

Calm down, it's just photos for some instagram stuff. Some kids are into that.
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/social-media-users-provide-proof-of-quaden-bayles-real-age/news-story/9580e9e246fc99217a27260ff326b12d

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

The sad thing is that this is happening to millions of little kids in school every single day and theyre expected to just put up with it. This kid is lucky in that his mother obviously cares and is trying to do something to help him. Allot of parents out there tell their kids to 'just ignore it' or to 'stay away from the bullies' and dont try to do anything, totally undermining the childs safety and feelings.
    If adults are bullied in the work place they make a complaint to management, they can take their bully to court for harassment, they can change jobs if they want, adult bullying is taken very seriously. When its a child however its seen as like a normal part of growing up and some people even think its good for the child as it'll give them a thicker skin - it actually does the opposite, bullied chlidren are more likely to grow up with anxiety and self esteem issues and are often hyper sensitive to criticism and conflict. Children cant stand up for themselves or remove themselves from the situation like adults can.

I think that schools should be held accountable when bullying takes place and they should forced to pay fines and subjected to investigations and inspections to ensure the school is running accordingly. School staff are responsible for the welfare of the children under their care, if theyre allowing bullying to continue, theyre not meeting their responsibilities.
    Parents of bullies should also be help accountable and in some cases be taken to court for their child's behavior.
    Maybe then adults will start taking child bullying seriously when its themselves who will be negatively effected.

Bullying is horrific, it leaves life long effects and severely damages self esteem and mental health. Most people who experience bullying as children grow up to have mental health issues like depression and anxiety

Ive not seen a nine year old with an Instagram.

A nine year old, with an Instagram account, head to toe in expensive designer clothes. Those clothes must cost a fortune. Are the other kids jealous, hence bullying?

The bullying video itself, is long and its worrying that the Mum would want to show her son in distress and use that language in front of him instead of tackling the bullying when she witnessed it.

It is very nasty that people (grown adults) would perpetuate false information that the lad is 18 because he was in a photo with a number 18.

its understandable that questions about motivation and exploitation are being asked though. The video with the wads of cash was not good.

Its not as clear cut as it looks on first look. That's all. I don't know what to believe either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

The truth is teachers are normal people like me or you. They just want to get through the work day with as little hassle as possible. They are trained to be educators not disciplinarians or child psychologists. In my day, kids were told to "just ignore the bully" which is a bit dismissive but relieves the school of having to actually do anything. The solution to bullying? I don't know. However, if I found out another kid was making my child's life hell at school...well, I better not incriminate myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

coinop wrote: »
    The truth is teachers are normal people like me or you. They just want to get through the work day with as little hassle as possible. They are trained to be educators not disciplinarians or child psychologists. In my day, kids were told to "just ignore the bully" which is a bit dismissive but relieves the school of having to actually do anything. The solution to bullying? I don't know. However, if I found out another kid was making my child's life hell at school...well, I better not incriminate myself.

Teachers are indeed educators , educators of the young is not just about history and maths and should include behaviour and social interaction etc . If the bullying occurs in school then it has to be dealt with in school.And if a teacher is not trained to deal with it then a system should be in place that they get training

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If the aim of the video was to highlight bullying why did a go fund page have to be set up?

Surely the clip itself going viral would have been enough to start a discussion on what can be done to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

If the aim of the video was to highlight bullying why did a go fund page have to be set up?

Surely the clip itself going viral would have been enough to start a discussion on what can be done to stop it.

I don't think the mam set it up. I think a celeb did after watching the video.

neonsofa wrote: »
    I don't think the mam set it up. I think a celeb did after watching the video.

Didn't someone link to it above. It was a comedian. Brad William's.

Has anyone seen the video on Twitter #scomo. Is this real or another fake news?

Ive not seen a nine year old with an Instagram.

There are loads of kids who use instagram. He's probably just copying other kids in his school trying to "fit in".

It's great that this story has gone international, because regardless of the details, it's putting childhood bullying back on national discourse, if even just for a short time, it's just a pity that internet types are (as always) going to get so hung up on the details

There are loads of kids who use instagram. He's probably just copying other kids in his school trying to "fit in".

It's great that this story has gone international, because regardless of the details, it's putting childhood bullying back on national discourse, if even just for a short time, it's just a pity that internet types are (as always) going to get so hung up on the details

I'm really not sure about 9 year olds on Instagram with hundreds of thousands of followers. . I've no nine year olds though, so cant comment.

The devil is the detail though.

People are always going to ask questions rather than just take one side. Some people use it to troll, which is wrong, like spreading crap about being 18, but people are allowed to ask questions if it does not add up.

Otherwise, anyone could just say anything otherwise with it taken as gospel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

People are still falling for it left right and centre.
    The whole thing is a set up.
    Where's the proof of bullying?Mother videos while he's on about hanging and a knife, he's also a racist on about ni ggas.
    People have rightly call it out and were lambasted for it.

he's also a racist on about ni ggas.

The Mother had clearly coached him in the ni ga video as hes barely more than a baby. She clearly thinks it's funny.

The #scomo one says he is eight and is more concerning, if true.

Broadcasting these do not show the Mum in a good light.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

People are still falling for it left right and centre.
    The whole thing is a set up.
    Where's the proof of bullying?Mother videos while he's on about hanging and a knife, he's also a racist on about ni ggas.
    People have rightly call it out and were lambasted for it.

What he say? Just another kid indoctrinated in that culture, sure aren’t we all.

Say it all the time themselves but yeh playa fo real ~ $464,053 raised of $10,000 goal.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Alima3939/status/1231219397936762880

I don't blame the child I blame the mother!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insider.com/quaden-bayles-boy-bullied-for-dwarfism-video-deleted-timeline-2020-2%3famp
    wrote:
    A video of a crying nine-year-old Australian boy was posted last Wednesday and it went viral, though the original video was nowhere to be found Saturday.
    wrote:
    Instagram accounts for both Quaden and Yarraka Bayles were deleted as of Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

The #scomo Twitter one is seriously racist, it its true.

Seen it now. Appeared like an african kid himself :pac:

Evidently wise beyond his years, people are definitely getting led up the garden path here.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Seen it now. Appeared like an african kid himself :pac:

Evidently wise beyond his years, people are definitely getting led up the garden path here.

But did you think it was true? Or something tampered with.
    I wasnt sure as definitely not what an eight year old decided himself to say.

Very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

When I first saw it like most people I was horrified at the thought of a child being so bullied they'd been reduced to that state of distress. When I factor in that this child is an actor and described as an 'influencer' among other things and then factor in that his mother is his agent then I have to say that I think the whole thing is an outrageous scam. Of course she'll keep the money and anyone that questions the legitimacy of the video will be harassed on Social Media. Nice chunk of money for a few minutes of video.

It was said a few times already that the Mother never asked for Go Fund me.

However, the anti white racist video about the Queen, Scott Morrison etc has upset some people who donated to go fund me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Video still on YouTube.

Theres probably a few different versions, but maybe the Mum took down the original?

Problem with viral stuff, cant be stopped!

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Video still on YouTube.

Original is gone as of yesterday and the Instagrams for both, as above poster mentioned once its put up people just mirror the ****e out of it.

The so called "edgelords" were spot on in their opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Here is one of the discussions that you don’t see in the mainstream media ....yet

Advertisement